PDA

View Full Version : No Matter Which Side On Illegal Immigration VOTE

Devildog73
May 19th, 2010, 16:53
Since this is the newshawks forum, I will post some thoughts from my peanut gallery on Arizona and the State Statute they just passed into law to take effect in July. This will be non-political, non-racist in nature, as I am A-political and welcome all LEGAL immigration into any country in the world, including the USA, my home.

Right now the USA is in great turmoil for mostly econonmic reasons internally. We have one of the highest unemployment rates of recent decades. Most Americans are industrious, hard working, law abiding citizens with big hearts and welcome the less fortunate into our midst. We even come to the aid of other countries that need our strength, ingenuity, and industrial might to defeat despots that seek world domination and seek to enslave others. We usually ask nothing in return but a thank you and friendship. We do not have a history of colonizing, and until Iraq, did not pre-emptively attack any other nation in the world. Bottom line, most Americans bear no ill will toward anyone and we forgive and forget rather freely.

In the matter of Arizona, the people of one of our Sovereign States could wait no longer on the inaction of our US Congress to address immigration reform and securing of our southern border. They had their lawyers draw up a State Statute that basically mirrors the Federal Law governing illegal entry into the USA, and made it applicable to the State of Arizona so that State, County, and Local LEO could have a tool to protect the US citizen residents of Arizona from illegal activities of illegal migrants using up billions in Arizona tax payer funds on services in Arizona due to the inaction of the US Congress to effectively address the problems on behalf of the American people.

This is not a matter of hatred or racism as many in the media around the world would have people believe. Many of you on this forum from other countries have much more severe punishments and much tougher immigration laws than the USA for those illegally in your countries. It is a matter of economic and society solvency. If the USA does not address illegal entry into our country, we will eventually cease to be the USA. Currently, there are drug and firearms dealers, common criminals, and terrorists that enter our country undetected and unhindered. All are dangerous to our people, our economy, and the American way of life.

I am asking every American that reads this, no matter which side of this issue you are on, to vote in every election that you are eligible to vote in. I ask this because with all that I said above about Americans, I left off our greatest deficiency as a people. We fail to vote. We have Constitutional rights that are slowly being whittled away because we as a people, as Americans, fail to vote our conscience at the polls. We have ceased to be a republic and have descended into an oligarchy because we do not exercise our right to vote.

Henry
May 19th, 2010, 17:20
as a legal alien im not allowed to vote
thats all i have to say
H

jmig
May 19th, 2010, 17:23
Your views were well stated. However, even though you stated it was non-political, it will quickly become political. So, to keep it non-political, I am going to close the thread.

This is no reflection on you. We already have one thread on the Arizona law which, I have been following hoping it won't go south. This one is just too explosive. Feel free to start it again in the Quartermoon.