PDA

View Full Version : Debug mesaage

safn1949
May 19th, 2010, 12:15
What's up with this message that scrolls across my screen at times.I haven't played in a long time but don't remember seeing this before.It will crash to desktop most times after 3-5 messages.

I am running Xp on an older (6 years) machine.How do I check to see what is happening.Oh yea,and why does it turn the background tan color,that has happened over the years.:d

smilo
May 19th, 2010, 16:20
you might get better results
if you post this over at the Squawks forum
at least you'll get more views.

------------:kilroy:------------

I hope you don't mind,
I did it for you.

Moparmike
May 19th, 2010, 17:33
I vaguely remember that from when I still used CFS1...

The tan menus and desktop comes from a little hiccup in the DirectX rendering in CFS1. If CFS1 crashes, the menus and assorted other desktop elements will be drawn with that tan color (which is a leftover from the color scheme of CFS1) until you reboot.

Does it do this just after the game crashes or even after a normal close?

Also what video card are you running? Nvidia, ATi, or ???
I usually used Nvidia cards but I also had that "tan attack" happen back when I had a Matrox card on one of my early CFS1 machines too.

smilo
May 19th, 2010, 17:56
I vaguely remember that from when I still used CFS1...

The tan menus and desktop comes from a little hiccup in the DirectX rendering in CFS1. If CFS1 crashes, the menus and assorted other desktop elements will be drawn with that tan color (which is a leftover from the color scheme of CFS1) until you reboot.

Does it do this just after the game crashes or even after a normal close?

Also what video card are you running? Nvidia, ATi, or ???
I usually used Nvidia cards but I also had that "tan attack" happen back when I had a Matrox card on one of my early CFS1 machines too.

thanks Mike, I also remember the tan relating to a CFS1 crash,
but didn't know the why, ie, a DirectX issue.

any ideas regarding his debug message?
probably need more information, right?

safn1949
May 20th, 2010, 05:29
Here is a photo showing the video chipset.It's a small HP desktop 7410n.I have had the tan color happen on a bunch of different computers in the past.I installed cfo and TG-2 and if I had to guess,tailgunner is causing the problem with the debug and crash.

I will uninstall it in a bit and see.

safn1949
May 20th, 2010, 08:06
Here is a photo showing the video chipset.It's a small HP desktop 7410n.I have had the tan color happen on a bunch of different computers in the past.I installed cfo and TG-2 and if I had to guess,tailgunner is causing the problem with the debug and crash.

I will uninstall it in a bit and see.

I uninstalled TG and it crashed to desktop every time after that,put it back and it would run,here is a snapshot of my system including Direct X.This just a computer we run as a video server thru a flatscreen,nothing special for sure.

EDIT: I uninstalled CFS and reinstalled minus TG and CFO,I will try them 1 at a time to see who the culprit is.Runs great now.