PDA

View Full Version : AVRO YORK

ijay
May 19th, 2010, 15:42
Found this on an old PC Pilot coverdisk.
Paul Edwards & Manfred Jahn
Looks Good in FSX doesn't she?:salute:

Ian

HighGround22
May 19th, 2010, 15:48
Oh my, yes! Veddy noice indeed! The York looks to be a Lanc derivative, doesn't it?

RyDraiggoch
May 19th, 2010, 16:07
Ijay

if you like the York

Come look in library at www.classicbritishfiles.com

besides York paints for Manfred's beastie
you will also find Lancastrians and Haltons

Dave Booker did a slew of paints for the Halton which we are fortunate to have in the library

Leif

CheckSix
May 19th, 2010, 17:45
Yes the York was derived from the Lancaster, as was of course the Shackleton.

skyhawka4m
May 19th, 2010, 18:37
Does the Lancistrain work in FSX...love that airplane.

b52bob
May 19th, 2010, 18:45
Ah yes, the British aerospace industry. IMHO Some really strange designs (Brabazon, a 35 passenger Comet, York, etc)along with some brilliant designs that were killed by a really strange government. I'm talking about the TSR, the Lightning (should have been a real export hit) and my favorite tube of all time, the VC-10.

Lousy marketing and lousy decisions pretty much killed the British Aerospace industry.

CheckSix
May 19th, 2010, 23:17
B53Bob - Spot on reply post my friend.

Lousy salesmanship coupled with the British air of arrogance. Another top seller should have been the Buccaneer but we can blame the Left wing government for sniping that one.

Ah well... :(

ijay
May 19th, 2010, 23:51
Ijay

if you like the York

Come look in library at www.classicbritishfiles.com (http://www.classicbritishfiles.com)

besides York paints for Manfred's beastie
you will also find Lancastrians and Haltons

Dave Booker did a slew of paints for the Halton which we are fortunate to have in the library

Leif
Leif i visit quite regularly, have got a couple of paints for the York.
Have the Lancastrian also, will post a couple of shots later

Lewis-A2A
May 20th, 2010, 00:04
Damn nice!

Love anything like this.

The lanc family starts with the manchester and ends with the Shack, witht he Lanc, York, Lancastrian, Lincoln etc inbetween.

I'd love to be able to completly accu-sim a good york, or tbh a Hastings, just something about the hastings and the amount that could and did go wrong that makes it a prime target for an accu-sim pack.

ijay
May 20th, 2010, 09:45
:salute:8363

txnetcop
May 20th, 2010, 10:21
OUTSTANDING!!!!!!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

noddy
May 20th, 2010, 12:40
Fantastic shots. :salute:

HighGround22
May 20th, 2010, 12:51
B52Bob and CheckSix: You guys are right on the money, as I see it! Well said Sirs! One helluva pity nevertheless, though.

jetstreamsky
May 20th, 2010, 12:53
Damn nice!

I'd love to be able to completly accu-sim a good york, or tbh a Hastings, just something about the hastings and the amount that could and did go wrong that makes it a prime target for an accu-sim pack.

An accu-sim Hastings, now that would be great

srgalahad
May 21st, 2010, 07:46
Damn nice!

The York is fertile ground Lewis...
87 hull losses in 20 years, 8 in 1956 alone, four in one month (Sept 1956) and two in one day (13 Sep 1956)... at that attrition rate we'd be buying a new model every few weeks :isadizzy:
http://aviation-safety.net/database/dblist.php?field=typecode&var=070%&cat=%1&sorteer=datekey&page=1

Rob

Lewis-A2A
May 21st, 2010, 11:30
Well, Chruchil use to have a York for a time. Towards the end though the Presidant gave him a C-54 one of the first of the production line.

ijay
May 21st, 2010, 12:23
Well, Chruchil use to have a York for a time. Towards the end though the Presidant gave him a C-54 one of the first of the production line.
Lewis the second pic is of Churchills' York

Lateral-G
May 22nd, 2010, 04:53
:salute:8363

So, how does that one work in FSX? Do the prop disks needs fixing? Gauges?

-G-