PDA

View Full Version : Got a question

italoc
May 19th, 2010, 15:14
How could I change the airplane in a mission ??:wiggle:
Italo

falcon409
May 19th, 2010, 16:22
It's my understanding (which is probably wrong) that you can change the airplane to anything you like, but it also voids the mission. You can still fly it, but you won't get credit for it.

grunau_baby
May 19th, 2010, 20:40
When you chose your mission there´s a checkbox at the bottom. It allows you to alter things within the mission, like aircraft, weather, etc. But it also disables any mission credits.

Alex

italoc
May 20th, 2010, 06:24
When you chose your mission there´s a checkbox at the bottom. It allows you to alter things within the mission, like aircraft, weather, etc. But it also disables any mission credits.

Alex

Thanks Falcon and Alex:applause:
It worked fine (after all I dont care about credits ..... I had already some during my past)
Ciao
Italo

cheezyflier
May 20th, 2010, 06:53
there is also another way.

someone here once posted some changes you could make to a particular file that would change the default plane to another one of your choosing. i never tried it because it wasn't something that interested me.
the way i understood it, for example, you could cause another plane, like say, the beech baron, to load automatically in the sitka approach mission instead of the 172.

anthony31
May 20th, 2010, 16:56
The other way to change the mission without losing the possibility of getting rewards is this:

What you are doing is editing the saved flight for the mission so that it loads a different aircraft.

You need to go into the Missions folder and find the particular folder for the mission you want to edit. Open that up and then look for the .FLT file which is the saved flight file.

Open that with notepad and then look for the [sim.0] line. The Sim= entry underneath [sim.0] is the name of the aircraft you fly. Look in the aircraft.cfg file of the particular aircraft you want to change it to and copy the sim name across from the aircraft.cfg to the .flt file and save the .flt file.

In theory if you fly the mission again it should load with the new aircraft.

Here is an example where I've changed the Hawaiian sight seeing mission from the Mooney to the Cessna 172.

The Hawaiian mission is found in the folder FSX/Missions/The Good Life/Hawaiian so I open that folder.

Open the Hawaiian.FLT file into notepad.

Replace the lines:

[Sim.0]
Sim=Mooney Bravo With G1000

with:

[Sim.0]
Sim=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1

(the new sim name is taken from the aircraft.cfg file)

Save the .FLT (Make sure you backup the original .FLT file first)

And you're done.

Of course, if you're not interested in the rewards it is a lot easier just to click the allow changes to missions buttons in the mission selection screen.

italoc
May 21st, 2010, 08:12
The other way to change the mission without losing the possibility of getting rewards is this:

What you are doing is editing the saved flight for the mission so that it loads a different aircraft.

You need to go into the Missions folder and find the particular folder for the mission you want to edit. Open that up and then look for the .FLT file which is the saved flight file.

Open that with notepad and then look for the [sim.0] line. The Sim= entry underneath [sim.0] is the name of the aircraft you fly. Look in the aircraft.cfg file of the particular aircraft you want to change it to and copy the sim name across from the aircraft.cfg to the .flt file and save the .flt file.

In theory if you fly the mission again it should load with the new aircraft.

Here is an example where I've changed the Hawaiian sight seeing mission from the Mooney to the Cessna 172.

The Hawaiian mission is found in the folder FSX/Missions/The Good Life/Hawaiian so I open that folder.

Open the Hawaiian.FLT file into notepad.

Replace the lines:

[Sim.0]
Sim=Mooney Bravo With G1000

with:

[Sim.0]
Sim=Cessna Skyhawk 172SP Paint1

(the new sim name is taken from the aircraft.cfg file)

Save the .FLT (Make sure you backup the original .FLT file first)

And you're done.

Of course, if you're not interested in the rewards it is a lot easier just to click the allow changes to missions buttons in the mission selection screen.

Hi Anthony31
I tried but the .FLT file, in Missions, does'nt exist. At its place I have a WX. file and a doc file .HTML ........ I'm puzzled: could it be because of VISTA ??????:bump:

Italo

italoc
May 21st, 2010, 08:29
I've forgotten to say: NotePad is not able to open WX file (it shows me just a serie of rubbish ....)
Italo

IanP
May 21st, 2010, 08:45
The WX file isn't supposed to be editable, italoc - it's the file that stores the weather with a specific .flt file.

What's most likely is that you have hidden files and folders not visible, if you cannot see most of the files in the missions directories. In Explorer, if you press "alt" to make the menu bar visible, then go to tools, options and the view tab, you'll see an option entitled "Hidden Files and Folders". The chances are that "Do not show hidden files and folders" is selected. Change this to "Show hidden files and folders" and see if your .flt files reappear. They definitely should be there - they're essential to each mission.

Ian P.

italoc
May 21st, 2010, 14:33
The WX file isn't supposed to be editable, italoc - it's the file that stores the weather with a specific .flt file.

What's most likely is that you have hidden files and folders not visible, if you cannot see most of the files in the missions directories. In Explorer, if you press "alt" to make the menu bar visible, then go to tools, options and the view tab, you'll see an option entitled "Hidden Files and Folders". The chances are that "Do not show hidden files and folders" is selected. Change this to "Show hidden files and folders" and see if your .flt files reappear. They definitely should be there - they're essential to each mission.

Ian P.
Hi Jan
I'm still dont know for sure how I did it .... but now the FLT files are there ....:jump:
The option was correctly to "Show hidden files and folders" but only when I did search FLT in the Help function that they all appeared, so I asked the system to read this files with NotePad and now they are all at their place ...... :applause:
Tread closed
Many thanks to you and to all nice guys helping me :salute:
Ciao
Italo