PDA

View Full Version : Conundrum !

sc7500
May 19th, 2010, 09:50
Here's an interesting challenge.... :isadizzy:

I have installed both Pepe's Fokker TV, and van Hien's NE Fokker T-5.

Van Hien's works fine - flies nicely, behaves well. AirWrench tweaks really helped.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
IF I use Pepe's original AIR file, it will start both engines, but flies sluggishly.

IF I run that same AIR file thru AirWrench, I get a 'No Start' situation. Pepe's plane Will NOT start the Starboard engine, nor will it accelerate past 50% on the Port side.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What am I missing here ?

TIA
SC
:kilroy:

sc7500
May 20th, 2010, 04:57
BUMP !

C'Mon ! No AirFile Guru's Want To Take A Shot ??? :isadizzy:

Shessi
May 20th, 2010, 07:32
Hi SC7500,
I'm no AF expert, but it may be that coz this was a two engined ac and in Fs9 would use two throttles. It is not seeing your one throttle (almost all CFS2ers and CFS2 ac use one throttle for 2, 3, 4 engined ac, which makes things easy).
Go into AirWrench and make sure there are two engines in the data of the problem AF, adjust accordingly.

Or why not use a good, known to work, 2 engined CFS2 AF and copy over the different performance data from the Fokker to it, then tweak it as you want?

No doubt there is an easy answer to all this! :d

Cheers Shessi

sc7500
May 20th, 2010, 08:41
Ah Shessi, you always know the right buttons to push... :salute:

I have checked and double-checked the air file, and it does show 2 engines... but I did NOT know that a FS9 plane had separate engine starting requirements ! :isadizzy:

I have restored the original Peperez AIR file and that plane is in the hangar with a "Remove Before Flight" tag on the nose... Bigger fishies to fry.

Thank You !:guinness:
SC

JapLance
May 20th, 2010, 10:52
I did this with a little (a lot in fact :salute:) help from ACM and Airwrench.

A lot of data unknown to me about this plane, and there's a glitch with the contact points that I'm not capable of solving, but I think it flies nice.

Tell me what do you think about it.

Shessi
May 20th, 2010, 11:25
Maybe not the exact answer but glad it helped!

Know the feeling, always better 'things' to do!! :d

Cheers Shessi

sc7500
May 20th, 2010, 13:33
...Maybe not the exact answer but glad it helped! Know the feeling, always better 'things' to do!!...

Not sure about the "BETTER", but the VOLUME of things to do rarely diminishes, Sir ! :salute:

SC

JapLance
May 21st, 2010, 00:36
Another version, where I think I've solved the problem with the contact points. Also changed the fuel load.

By the way, is there any 1940 skin in neutrality colours?

http://www.wallcoo.net/paint/Air_Combat_Art_wallpaper04/m01/Air-Combat-Art-0705_wallcoo.com.jpg