PDA

View Full Version : Dardanelles and Sea of Marmara seem to be missing

Steve_L
May 19th, 2010, 07:53
So, I was flying about the other evening over the eastern edge of the Aegean trying to locate the Dardanelles for a campaign project I am working on, and to my surprise it was nowhere to be found. Hopped up to where Gallipoli would be and the Sea of Marmara is also not there. Looks like a vast area of dried lake and river bed, but no water. Is there a sea level adjustment I need to make in order to raise the water enough to fill these areas or were they simply not figured into the landscape. Any insight on this will be much appreciated.

BTW, let me say again how outstanding MAW is. I have been flying all over the Mediterranean in my Lysander and I am loving it!

Cheers!

Lou

ndicki
May 19th, 2010, 08:20
Turkey was not high on the list. We did mention it, but as it was not an operational area, the gang decided that it really wasn't worth giving Ed the extra work. He had enough to do - the actual terrain scenery is to all intents and purposes his work alone.

Glad you're having fun! It still is my favourite place to play. I added the Med in CFS1 and CFS2 and CFS3 was too good to miss...

Steve_L
May 19th, 2010, 08:39
Thanks ndicki, appreciate the info. And I assumed as much since, as you say, it was not an operational area in WWII. I was looking more along the lines for a WWI campaign, but ah well...c'est la guerre. I really am having a blast and cannot get over the depth of the MAW theatre, landscape, and aircraft. Truly a work of art, as are each and every one of the CFS add-ons and enhancements I've tried my hand at. We have a whole lot of artisans dedicated to this old sim.

Cheers!

Lou