PDA

View Full Version : Which Northrop Fighter ?

Cleartheprop
May 18th, 2010, 11:44
I plan to purchase a Northrop fighter. I kind of like the F-5 a little bit more than the F-20.
I need some external opinion to make my definitive choice between 2 nice add-ons which are on the market :

1. Flylogic F-5E Tiger X
2. Iris F-20 Tigershark

According to you, SOH experts, which one is the best ? :jump:
Thanks for your advice !

Warrant
May 18th, 2010, 11:54
Dont know if the anomalies i reported are fixed yet (missiles and tank version has the strange tendency to have a sidewinder move downward when flaps are selected), but the Flylogic bird looks and flies rather nice. One other minor (perhaps also solved) is the lack of radar in the DVC.

The IRIS F-20 is absolutely a winner IMHO. Flight dynamics, performance, looks, selectable payloads, diversity of liveries/outfits.....excellent balance betrween price and quality.:d
(but then again, you could already guess looking at my banner, right?):salute:

Sideshow
May 18th, 2010, 16:55
Dont know if the anomalies i reported are fixed yet (missiles and tank version has the strange tendency to have a sidewinder move downward when flaps are selected...

There has been a service pack released that corrects this issue.

Matt Wynn
May 18th, 2010, 17:45
i'm on the IRIS F-20 boat also, great looks, performs well lots of choice....

pilottj
May 18th, 2010, 21:27
I don't have the F-5 so I can't comment on it but the F-20 is a great little jet. Maybe not as advanced as the Superbug but it certianly has enough switches to keep you entertained. The VC is kind of a 'what if' VC and has some more GA style NAV instruments in the MFDs so it is quite a capabale cross country cruiser.

Cheers
TJ

MenendezDiego
May 18th, 2010, 21:28
Flylogic F-5

It is simply amazing

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 22:00
Flylogic F-5

It is simply amazing

That or the Alphasim anyday.

Kiwikat
May 18th, 2010, 22:29
I enjoy the F-20 quite a bit. Admittedly it hasn't seen the light of day since the VRS F-18 came out... :wavey:

peter12213
May 19th, 2010, 01:48
I have to say I believe the Flylogic F-5E X would suit you better Mirage, as it is much more realistic VC wise, With even covers on instruments in the VC when shut down (All Clickable to remove), map cases open and everthing works and is clickable in the VC! It also looks better than the F-20 too in my opinion which at the end of the day never even went into production, so you can only make "what if" video's with the F-20! I have them all and I think the Flylogic F-5E is the best of them all including Alphasims old model! It has loads more effects such as flares and alike and it just fly's as you'd expect an F-5 too. Oh and it has the best frames rates of all three too! Hope this helps! :salute:

CheckSix
May 19th, 2010, 05:11
I agree with the others here: Flylogic F-5. It's a masterpiece.

The IRIS F-20 is definitely nice, DB did a wonderful job with it but alas the Flight Dynamics are waaaay off and kinda lets it down BUt one can always retune the FDE so...

swimeye
May 19th, 2010, 10:15
what about the F5A by Piglet? :jump:
And if i remember right, the flylogic one have some zoom problem, the ac is very far from the camera in outside view which means you have to zoom in very much to see the aircraft a little bit closer.

Cleartheprop
May 19th, 2010, 10:54
Thank you very much everyone for your advised inputs. As both addons seem to be of high quality, I decided to sign in for the Flylogic F5E. I think the Iris F20 is definitely great but as peter12213 stated, the F5 will suit me better as I like better the shape of the airplane and the highly detailed VC (nice analogic gauges indeed). Can't say more for now, download has just ended, time to go for a F5E test flight !
Cheers! :ernae:

MenendezDiego
May 19th, 2010, 12:09
If I remember correctly, there is a sonic booms sound effect in the F-5!

peter12213
May 19th, 2010, 12:20
If I remember correctly, there is a sonic booms sound effect in the F-5!

I can't remember that, your probably right though!