PDA

View Full Version : PMDG MD-11

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 11:27
After one flight in the PMDG MD-11, FSX started crashing on startup. I uninstalled it. Now, it still does it. I've undone everything that I did to FSX in between it running fine and it going screwy.

Any ideas? I'm getting a fatal error just as it should be going to the menu.

spotlope
May 18th, 2010, 11:54
After one flight in the PMDG MD-11, FSX started crashing on startup. I uninstalled it. Now, it still does it. I've undone everything that I did to FSX in between it running fine and it going screwy.

Did the MD-11 install a module entry into your dll.xml or exe.xml files? I've found that some uninstallers don't seem to remove these entries. Not saying that's what's happening here, but it's something to check.

kack911
May 18th, 2010, 12:57
Why not head over to the official support forum? They've seen just about everything there...

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=353

Nick

RudiJG1
May 18th, 2010, 14:46

Try this link: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a80/how-to-fix-your-fsx-dllxml-file.aspx

Kiwikat
May 18th, 2010, 15:14
Sucks that it crashes for you. :frown:

It is easily in the top 3 best FSX releases to date. :ernae:

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 15:51
I bought it and Flytampa grenadines. I don't know which one caused it. Flytampa Grenadines was doing some wierd stuff.... I'm starting to think that's what did it, not the PMDG MD-11. I don't want to simply go to both of their support forums complaining that it's causing a crash without even knowing what's going on.

I'm YEARS ino not being to do an FSX reinstall. I don't know where my DVDs all went and I have no idea if I even have half of my installers for stuff I've downloaded, and I've moved twice between then.

How do identify what went wrong? It almost shows the default flight menu each time I try to start, and then it says there's been a fatal error, and FSX is restarting.

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 15:55
Try this link: http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a80/how-to-fix-your-fsx-dllxml-file.aspx

I just read that. I have no idea where that file is, and for some reason both the Grenadines and MD-11 were working before FSX stopped loading itself.

Where can I find it?

RudiJG1
May 18th, 2010, 17:26
I just read that. I have no idea where that file is, and for some reason both the Grenadines and MD-11 were working before FSX stopped loading itself.

Where can I find it?

In my Vista installtion, this file (and the fsx.cfg) is found at C:\Users\Wayne\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Did you try deleting your fsx.cfg file and having FSX build a new one?

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 21:06
In my Vista installtion, this file (and the fsx.cfg) is found at C:\Users\Wayne\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

Did you try deleting your fsx.cfg file and having FSX build a new one?

Not yet. That won't mess up anything or any mods, I'll just have to set my LODs again, right?

I think my DLL.XML is okay, according to PMDG's guide. if any of you can find anything wrong, let me know:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
<Descr>Launch</Descr>
<Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Instant Scenery</Name>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>C:\Program Files\Instant Scenery\InstantSceneryFSX.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
<Disabled>True</Disabled>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
<Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
<Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG Options</Name>
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG Events</Name>
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>PMDG Sounds</Name>
<Path>PMDG\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Patrouille Suisse Player</Name>
<Path>Missions\Flylogic_Patrouille_Suisse\PS_Replay\PSPl ayer.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FSDX</Name>
<Path>FSDX.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>Kokpit</Name>
<Path>SimObjects\Airplanes\HUGHES_H1B\panel\Cockpit_Soun d.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Service</Name>
<Path>A2A\Shared\A2A_Service.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>FDav</Name>
<Path>Gauges\FDav.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon><Name>FS Recorder</Name><Disabled>False</Disabled><ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad><Path>C:\Program Files\FS Recorder for FSX\FSRecorder_FSX.dll</Path></Launch.Addon></SimBase.Document>

kack911
May 18th, 2010, 21:16
Instead of getting neck deep in messing with your dll.xml, exe.xml, or fsx.cfg, you should really visit the support forum. That's what it's there for.

Far be it from me to accuse anyone of anything untoward, but you have to admit that to the casual observer, it might appear a wee bit suspicious that you're willing to jump through hoops on an unrelated forum, yet you want to avoid the official methods of getting support.

You don't seem like the shy type around here, so I can't imagine why you'd be concerned about looking like a "complainer" in the support forum?

Nick

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 21:45
Instead of getting neck deep in messing with your dll.xml, exe.xml, or fsx.cfg, you should really visit the support forum. That's what it's there for.

Far be it from me to accuse anyone of anything untoward, but you have to admit that to the casual observer, it might appear a wee bit suspicious that you're willing to jump through hoops on an unrelated forum, yet you want to avoid the official methods of getting support.

You don't seem like the shy type around here, so I can't imagine why you'd be concerned about looking like a "complainer" in the support forum?

Nick

I understand your concerns, but I don't agree that looking for help here looks at all suspicious. Maybe you think SOH is a haven of pirates and pirate tech support? If you'd like, I can email you a copy of my receipt anytime.:salute: Aren't PMDG products password protected anyway?

Back on topic now? If this is getting to be too much to solve, I guess I can take it over there. I've never had any luck with support forums, and the most talented people in the MSFS world hang out here and at flightsim.com.

I can't believe I've removed all this stuff and it's still dead.

Kiwikat
May 18th, 2010, 22:39
Back on topic now? If this is getting to be too much to solve, I guess I can take it over there. I've never had any luck with support forums, and the most talented people in the MSFS world hang out here and at flightsim.com.

The PMDG support forums are very active and helpful. They have nice previews from time to time too. Like now with the 737 NGX... :wavey:

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 22:48
The PMDG support forums are very active and helpful. They have nice previews from time to time too. Like now with the 737 NGX... :wavey:

I posted my problem over there just now. My only worry is that if Flytampa is causing the problem, I don't want to cause anyone at PMDG any trouble. I don't think it comes with an uninstaller, I think I had to manually move everything.

This is starting to drive me nuts.

Roger
May 18th, 2010, 23:01
I posted my problem over there just now. My only worry is that if Flytampa is causing the problem, I don't want to cause anyone at PMDG any trouble. I don't think it comes with an uninstaller, I think I had to manually move everything.

This is starting to drive me nuts.

The FsX repair option helped me a year or two back...it's less painful than a full reinstall!

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 23:03
The FsX repair option helped me a year or two back...it's less painful than a full reinstall!

What does the repair function do? Can I keep all my records and addons?

kack911
May 19th, 2010, 02:12
...Maybe you think SOH is a haven of pirates and pirate tech support? If you'd like, I can email you a copy of my receipt anytime.:salute: Aren't PMDG products password protected anyway?

I most certainly don't think that. Unfortunately, I do spend a lot of time giving community support for one of PMDG's products, and it's eye opening just how many people show up trying to scam support for an obviously pirated copy. That's all.

I merely assumed that it was common knowledge that the PMDG developers, beta testers, and a very sizable user community all hang out at PMDG's forum on Avsim. Therefore I concluded that it was out of the ordinary for someone to purposely avoid going there.

I was wrong. My apologies.

Regards,

Nick

tigisfat
May 19th, 2010, 11:22
I most certainly don't think that. Unfortunately, I do spend a lot of time giving community support for one of PMDG's products, and it's eye opening just how many people show up trying to scam support for an obviously pirated copy. That's all.

I merely assumed that it was common knowledge that the PMDG developers, beta testers, and a very sizable user community all hang out at PMDG's forum on Avsim. Therefore I concluded that it was out of the ordinary for someone to purposely avoid going there.

I was wrong. My apologies.

Regards,

Nick

I followed yours and a few others advice and went over to Avsim. I had no idea until you guys told me that Avsim was the place for official PMDG support. I usually don't have problems with any of my products. I've bought hundreds and hundreds of payware products and never had a problem.

To be right honest, what happened there is precisely the reason I specifically avoid some product support forums, not because I'm a pirate. I highly regret going there right now, and I hope my mind is changed soon. Someone who didn't identify themselves as anyone from PMDG or a representative thereof demanded that I 'come correct' before getting support. I don't know the 'in crowd' etiquette there; I will not divulge my personal information there as requested, nor will I search the forums and read through every thread entitled 'error' for an hour before posting. Again, I just want help. Anyway, Avsim is the last place on the planet I want to give my personal information out at. It ranks just below the dog betting track on my list of places I'll trust strangers.

I've sent in the PMDG ticket, and I was more than happy to give them all of my order and personal information. They have a secure website for it. I didn't know about the 'ticket' thing, having been directed to Avsim. Now I'm wondering what the Avsim PMDG section is for. Maybe more of forums for fun than support.

The reason SOH and flightsim.com are great is because I've never once seen a 'noob' get told to go use the search function. People here like Spotlope may not know what my exact problem is, but they know more than 99% of the people in the community; he waded in here first with helpful information from the get-go. Everyone here and at flightsim.com immediately jumps into to see if they can help. It may sound like a good idea to establish a 'checklist' of what a noob needs to do before posting, but those attitudes always turned people away, and now it's almost offensive and arrogant.

edit: Kiwikat just informed me that my responder on the PMDG support forums wasn't even someone with PMDG. :icon_lol: My frustration level has gone down now, but I can't believe that guy wanted my personal information....

kack911
May 19th, 2010, 14:05
The "somebody" was me. And you can find my full name there, as required by the forum rules.

To characterize my statement as a "demand" is disengenuous. I cordially welcomed you, provided you with a link to the forum rules, and suggested a search criteria that would help you help yourself. That's a good place to start while waiting for a response to your question, don't you think?

If you're unable to see the value of the support forum beyond what you think is "entertainment" value, then that's your deal. The fact remains, thousands of people go there looking for simple answers and end up learning far more about their product, and more often than not, they learn something about the real jet too.

The people who contribute to that forum are usually the developers themselves (what better source could you ask for?), the beta testers (we put these things through the wringer, you know), and people who fly and work on the actual jets that PMDG simulates. It's remarkably short sighted to ignore such a valuable resource on the basis that you're too lazy to UTFSF.

Regards,

Nick

tigisfat
May 19th, 2010, 14:37
The "somebody" was me. And you can find my full name there, as required by the forum rules. Whenever you'd like, I can email you my full name.

To characterize my statement as a "demand" is disengenous. I cordially welcomed you, provided you with a link to the forum rules, and suggested a search criteria that would help you help yourself. I'll guess you and I will have to politely disagree on what a "cordial welcome" is. You've accused me of piracy and not 'coming correct'. For not 'coming correct' and violating your forum's rules, I apologize sincerely. I don't disagree with you at all as to the intent of your post, and I thank you kindly for your positive intentions.

My point is to say that PMDG has decided that paying customers of some of the most exclusive and premium products in this hobby will go to your forum for official support. In keeping with PMDG's promises, I just expected better and assumed that responders would be representative. I didn't know that non-affiliated folks would be the ones helping me out.

There is a certain level of old-fahioned manners lost in the world today. I need to try and stop being an offender myself. The example is this: When I pull up to an FBO for anywhere between 50 and a few hundred dollars worh of gas, I would be offended if the attendants said "whoa whoa whoa, hold on there chief. First off, you need to fill out our forms online and have them ready when you come here for gas. Secondly, you should've read our forums and researched the proper procedures here before barging in and asking for a fill-up." I'd never go to that FBO again, regardless of how well they meant.

I guess that's trivial since you're not associated with PMDG though, and I can't hold PMDG as a business accountable if I don't agree with you.

If you're unable to see the value of the support forum beyond what you think is "entertainment" value, then that's your deal. The fact remains, thousands of people go there looking for simple answers and end up learning far more about their product, and more often than not, they learn something about the real jet too.I do see the value in having a group of people networked together that are well versed in the product and it's operations, and especially the real world counterpart. If I can get FSX working again after this product possibly put a padlock on it, then I look forward to listening in there and learning something.

The people who contribute to that forum are usually the developers themselves (what better source could you ask for?),I hope so, they sent me there for official product support. I look forward to their arrival.

It's remarkably short sighted to ignore such a valuable resource on the basis that you're too lazy to UTFSF.Can you please define exactly how your acronym breaks down? I'm not familiar with it. Thank you.

kack911
May 19th, 2010, 14:59
What do you want me to say? The rules are the rules, and they're there for a reason. The reason is, people snag the MD-11 and 747 off of the pirate bay, and then when the crack doesn't work right, they bumrush the forum looking for a quick fix.

The community-at-large isn't privy to the order details of every legitimate customer, and a simple deterrent is to require real names in the forum. It's a simple mechanism designed to discourage those who wish to remain anonymous from attempting to further game the system. Surely you can see the logic in that?

Regardless of whether you disagree or not, the PMDG developers will not entertain forum support requests from posters who do not sign with their real name. If you had read the forum rules, you'd have known that in advance. The forum rules, and indeed the post I linked to in my response to you indicate that such requests will be deleted without warning.

I didn't want to see your post get deleted after you had misgivings about showing up in the first place, so I did you a favor by pointing out the rules in a polite manner. That's all.

I have absolutely nothing to gain from any of this. You're a big boy, and you can decide for yourself when to allow your feelings to get hurt. I'm just here to give it to you straight:

If you want support from the community at Avsim, you need to post your real name. If you can't stomach that, I also gave you a link to the post explaining the PMDG Support Portal system.

Finally, if you really need me to spell it out for you, it's: Use The F'n Search Function. A basic tenet of succesfully using Al Gore's Interweb...

Regards,

Nick

gajit
May 19th, 2010, 14:59
Im with Tigisfat on this - i would always ask for advice here first as I trust almost everyone - even the ones I have had the occassional disagreement with in the past. And like Tigisfat - i have never worn a virtual hook, eyepatch and wooden leg. :salute:

tigisfat
May 19th, 2010, 15:26
What do you want me to say? The rules are the rules, and they're there for a reason. The reason is, people snag the MD-11 and 747 off of the pirate bay, and then when the crack doesn't work right, they bumrush the forum looking for a quick fix.I'm sorry to hear you guys are subjected to pirates on a regular basis. I offered to send you my receipt long before I went over there. Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I didn't see any threads from brand new users looking for help cracking the product while I was wading through.

The community-at-large isn't privy to the order details of every legitimate customer, and a simple deterrent is to require real names in the forum. It's a simple mechanism designed to discourage those who wish to remain anonymous from attempting to further game the system. Surely you can see the logic in that?.As a non-criminal, I can see the logic behind requiring CCTV everywhere a human being steps foot. I disagree with that logic. We pick cool-guy handles and screennames on forums for a reason, and that's privacy. Most of us who get to know each other over a long period of participating in the community know each other's real names and places of residence anyway from PMs, phone calls and emails. Short of that, anonymity is for safety and security. In the end, your rules are your rules. They do say we have to give our full names, not make a headline post of them. When I signed up for Avsim, I gave my details. Anyone else there who wants my name can have it, but not in public.

Regardless of whether you disagree or not, the PMDG developers will not entertain forum support requests from posters who do not sign with their real name.
I didn't want to see your post get deleted after you had misgivings about showing up in the first place, so I did you a favor by pointing out the rules in a polite manner. That's all.I signed up for Avsim using my real name, and PMDG recieved a proper 'ticket' support request including all of my personal and order information. I wouldn't say the timer's up yet since it's only been a day, but they haven't responded there yet either.

Finally, if you really need me to spell it out for you, it's: Use The F'n Search Function. A basic tenet of succesfully using Al Gore's Interweb...Yes, you did need to spell it out for me. I frequent SOH and flightsim.com, where we don't tell anyone to "go f'ing do anything". I also politely informed you that I had already used the search function. I did that long before you suggested it, and as I eluded to before, it yielded nothing. Perhaps you shouldn't tell people to "UTFSF" anymore, as it doesn't always have the answers.

Check out the thread that's going on right now on formation flying. It's probably the hundredth thread we've had on the subject, and there are still scores of people who've been there and done that gladly and politely helping out, and they've probably helped out with that question a number of times. When I originally asked where all the sweet screenshots of formation flying came from a long time ago, all I got was support and explanations. When I upgraded from FSRecorder 1.3 to 2.0, help was here again. Using the search function is impersonal and doesn't spread a community atmosphere.

Best regards,

kack911
May 19th, 2010, 15:57
Good luck. I hope you get the issue fixed so you can enjoy the MD-11.

Regards,

Nick

Gramps
May 19th, 2010, 16:03
kack911,
You really need to get a better attitude.

Unless you have proof that a member of the outhouse is a pirate, I'd damn sure appreciate ya not callin em one, an it looks to me ( I could be wrong ) that's purty much what ya started out doin

That could be considered a personal attack, an those don't go to well round here.

anthony31
May 19th, 2010, 16:31
Hi Tigisfat

I notice you mention that you may have narrowed the problem down to when you installed a repaint. I'm not sure how PMDG installs repaints. Is it a special installer or manually done by the user? The only problems you would have with a repaint installation would be:

a: Is the FLTSIM.x correct. ie are they in numerical order with no gaps or duplications.

b: Is the Title= unique. Each repaint must have a unique title.

I doubt if these would be causing the problem but I'd certainly check them before trying anything as risky as using the FSX repair function. Personally I'd use the repair function as an absolute last resort and even then I'd be preparing for a full reinstall and backing up everything before running the repairer.

kack911
May 19th, 2010, 16:37
kack911,
You really need to get a better attitude.

Unless you have proof that a member of the outhouse is a pirate, I'd damn sure appreciate ya not callin em one, an it looks to me ( I could be wrong ) that's purty much what ya started out doin

That could be considered a personal attack, an those don't go to well round here.

Gramps,

My name is Nick. You can use it...I sign all my posts with it.

If you can construe anything I've said here as a personal attack, then perhaps you need to re-cage your gyros.

Read my previous post. I have nothing to gain by further arguing my point. I was only trying to help, but apparently the person in question does not want my help. That's fine.

I've wished him well, and dropped the subject.

Regards,

Nick

tigisfat
May 19th, 2010, 16:42
Hi Tigisfat

I notice you mention that you may have narrowed the problem down to when you installed a repaint. I'm not sure how PMDG installs repaints. Is it a special installer or manually done by the user? The only problems you would have with a repaint installation would be:

a: Is the FLTSIM.x correct. ie are they in numerical order with no gaps or duplications.

b: Is the Title= unique. Each repaint must have a unique title.

I doubt if these would be causing the problem but I'd certainly check them before trying anything as risky as using the FSX repair function. Personally I'd use the repair function as an absolute last resort and even then I'd be preparing for a full reinstall and backing up everything before running the repairer.

Thanks for your ideas!! PMDG is cool enough to supply most of the repaints you could ever want in top quality. They are right on their website, and have an installer.

I do believe that with FSX, if a repaint entry is incorrect, it simply won't show the new aircraft, but I could be wrong.

I will heed your warnings and be sure to back as much as possible up before any drastic action.

:ernae:

Can you backup your logbooks and such?

Dangerousdave26
May 19th, 2010, 17:26
tigisfat

You are quite right you need to isolate where the problem is coming from prior to running to any support forum. That just makes good sense.

I would not want someone coming to me saying my widget doesn't work when its someone else widget that is to blame.

Look in your event viewer. Every time FSX crashes it creates an event. Some times when a program crashes the log is worthless in helping to isolate the problem. Other times it will take you right to the culprit. Its hit and miss but the first place to go and trouble shoot any crashes.

Good luck

Henry
May 19th, 2010, 17:40
Gramps,

My name is Nick. You can use it...I sign all my posts with it.

If you can construe anything I've said here as a personal attack, then perhaps you need to re-cage your gyros.

Read my previous post. I have nothing to gain by further arguing my point. I was only trying to help, but apparently the person in question does not want my help. That's fine.

I've wished him well, and dropped the subject.

Regards,

Nick
well Nick
re-caging Gyros maybe a good thing
but on my side of the fence
i would say that if you give good members ans staff here a hard time
believe me i can give it back 2 fold
are you a pirate?
and how do i know if you are not
H

Gramps
May 19th, 2010, 17:47
Well Nick,

My gyros are aligned just fine, thanks

kack911
May 19th, 2010, 18:05
well Nick
re-caging Gyros maybe a good thing
but on my side of the fence
i would say that if you give good members ans staff here a hard time
believe me i can give it back 2 fold
are you a pirate?
and how do i know if you are not
H

So we don't want to let this go, huh? Ok...

Who exactly was I giving a hard time? Do you think that directing someone to an official support forum is akin to giving someone a hard time? Is expecting someone to actually look for an answer in the knowledge base giving someone a hard time?

My intent was to say "Hey, there's an official place to get solid answers to your questions, instead of taking random stabs in the dark."

Is that really as heinous as you make it sound? And if so, how does your plan to "give it back two fold" reflect upon you?

Anyway, I didn't come here looking for a fight. You all enjoy your party, and I'll reiterate, I hope whoever "tigisfat" is gets his problem worked out.

Regards,

Nick

Henry
May 19th, 2010, 18:13
Is that really as heinous as you make it sound? And if so, how does your plan to "give it back two fold" reflect upon you?

Anyway, I didn't come here looking for a fight. You all enjoy your party, and I'll reiterate, I hope whoever "tigisfat" is gets his problem worked out.

Regards,

Nick
frankly my dear i dont give a darn
im wearing shades
when you accuse other people of being a pirate
if you have no proof i do not have the time of day for you
bye
H

Moparmike
May 19th, 2010, 18:14
Sorry Nick, kack911, etc...

You just earned a permanent leave of absence for harassing the SOH Staff.

Henry
May 19th, 2010, 18:16
dang who banned him before i did:kilroy:
LOL
H

Willy
May 19th, 2010, 18:46
Having read through the entire thread, all I'll say is that if that's how PMDG does customer service, I'll pass on their products.

Henry
May 19th, 2010, 19:10
Having read through the entire thread, all I'll say is that if that's how PMDG does customer service, I'll pass on their products.
actually i wouldt go to far
unless he is the spokesperson
one cannot blame a company for one person
an ill leave it there
H

JamesChams
May 19th, 2010, 19:25
Oh No, Mr. Willy! You shouldn't blame PMDG for the *bad conduct* of "some" of their beta testor(s)/user(s)...

Might I suggest instead, that "we" join together in prayer for *his* reformation? (Perhaps some of you can see the wisdom of "why" I thought that sharing Jesus Christ [i.e. the fear of God] or, insist on respectful terms be used to address one another [like "Mr., Ms. or Mrs."], would do all of us and *them* some good on these forums).

You'll have a good day now, Later! :salute:

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
James F. Chams

tigisfat
May 19th, 2010, 20:46

Well, after leaving for dinner, I returned to find a very detailed email on some things to try from PMDG. Hopefully it works, and the response was under 24 hours. PMDG is helping me, but if I were them I'd rethink their "official PMDG customer support forums" that are ran and staffed by people that have nothing to do with PMDG.

Sideshow
May 19th, 2010, 21:03
Might I suggest instead, that "we" join together in prayer for *his* reformation? (Perhaps some of you can see the wisdom of "why" I thought that sharing Jesus Christ [i.e. the fear of God] or, insist on respectful terms be used to address one another [like "Mr., Ms. or Mrs."], would do all of us and *them* some good on these forums).

With all due respect could we please leave religion out of this. This is a flight sim forum, nothing else.

Back to the topic at hand...

bstolle
May 19th, 2010, 21:06

Hebrews 11:6 "But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." (http://www.lionheartcreations.com/Spiritual_Journey.html)

Oh oh, here's another entrant and (finally?) winner for a permanent ban.
Can't believe that he's highjacking this thread with his 'beloved' theme again, sigh.
It's sooo annoying and for the 100th repetition, this is (as usual) the wrong place, MR.

tigisfat
May 19th, 2010, 21:09
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the single greatest thread anyone has ever created. If ya can't laugh at that, you can't laugh at anything. :salute:

I may have had waaaaaay to many drinks by now, (I barely drink, I'm a lightweight) but we should just chill out today. Maybe hang out....barbecue something we can all enjoy...I'd like to pour you all a drink.

James, you're cool. Sideshow, you're cool too. SG38? You're cool as well. You're all cool, I'm cool, my drink is cool.....CRAP!! I spilled my glass of wine. Well..............that's okay. Because it's cool.....I can get more wine if I....HEY YOU KNOW WHAT!!! James has that religion thing going on........He knows he's not supposed to make posts about it. Us all reminding him will only start a fight. Why fight? I got the beatles playin' their best folk songs like 'because' right now, my cat's chillin' on the desk....let's just get along and hang out...WAIT!!!! let's get SANDWICHES!!! YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!! SANdWICHES!! Man, my cat's rear feet are long.............I know where his feet actually start, but it looks like someone kicked his knee backwards.

Kiwikat
May 19th, 2010, 21:14
Oh oh, here's another entrant and (finally?) winner for a permanent ban.
Can't believe that he's highjacking this thread with his 'beloved' theme again, sigh.
It's sooo annoying and for the 100th repetition, this is (as usual) the wrong place, MR.

Plus One.

Kiwikat
May 19th, 2010, 21:24

The fear of god? Yeah you can take that fear somewhere else James. We don't want this kind of religious rhetoric at the outhouse. How many times do people have to say something before you get a clue? I am reporting your post yet again.

Have a good day! :salute:

tigisfat
May 19th, 2010, 21:29
lY5i4-rWh44

Gramps
May 19th, 2010, 22:05
Chill out Kiwi, it's been handeled

Kiwikat
May 19th, 2010, 22:07
Chill out Kiwi, it's been handeled

Thank you. :salute:

TheHighRoad
May 19th, 2010, 22:08
...we should just chill out today. Maybe hang out....barbecue something we can all enjoy...I'd like to pour you all a drink.

I wonder if people's opinion of you would change if they knew that, in fact, you were actually sending snide Private Messages at the same time you claim to be sipping wine, listening to the Beatles, pouring virtual drinks for all your "friends" and becoming one with the universe?

Does this message I just got from you fit that self-image of yours?

How does your hot, fresh stack of bancakes taste?

You stay classy, Sim-Outhouse.

TheHighRoad
May 19th, 2010, 22:16
Or is this more representative of your feelings?

not biting? You recieved a ban for life at SOH, honcho.

I smell a lack of achievement in the air. Are you even a pilot? Maybe you have expertise in the PMDG MD-11, but it's misguided. You don't have to overcompensate for your lifelong regrets by acting like a bigshot to people. I know more about flying than my introductory flight students do...

TheHighRoad
May 19th, 2010, 22:19
I'm sorry, don't let me interrupt...

I think you all were saying something about how personal attacks aren't tolerated. Please, go on...

Bone
May 19th, 2010, 22:30
Did someone who's been freshly banned dig their way back in here just to keep swinging. I mean, come on, join date May 2010, posts three? I could be hypoxic with 2 seconds of usefull consciousness and still see that. I need some stitch's here I'm laughing so hard, ahaha.

Ok, I'm outa here, before I get swung at....

TheHighRoad
May 19th, 2010, 22:35
You mean my cover is blown? Darn.

I got banned for imaginary "harrassment" of an unnamed staff member. If you or anyon else can take a look back through the thread and point out exactly where that occurred, I'd appreciate it.

And then the guy who's all butt hurt about being told to comply with the forum rules, starts sending nasty messages trying put salt in the wound.

So yeah, I've got something to say.

Bone
May 19th, 2010, 22:41
You mean my cover is blown? Darn.

I got banned for imaginary "harrassment" of an unnamed staff member. If you or anyon else can take a look back through the thread and point out exactly where that occurred, I'd appreciate it.

And then the guy who's all butt hurt about being told to comply with the forum rules, starts sending nasty messages trying put salt in the wound.

So yeah, I've got something to say.

Ah, it's late...2 am on the east coast where I'm at, maybe we should hang it up. You'll be back under another assumed name and life goes on with no one the wiser. Good night to all.

Moparmike
May 20th, 2010, 06:34
Private Messages are different than posts in the forum. What transpires via PM is between two members is a private matter.
I really don't care what any members send to each other via PM, but once it is posted out on the forum then it is subject to SOH terms of use and admin scrutiny.

So, TheHighRoad (aka kack911 or "Nick") yes your second membership is also banned. Using a proxy to sneak in to continue to stir up trouble will gain you absolutely nothing except more trouble.

Harassing the staff: At least three admins had to take time from normal duties to babysit your continuing digs.
Harassing a SOH member: After you posted that your part in this conversation was finished you still continued to dig away at members and staff.
Two strikes. This isn't a baseball game.

Now, where did I put that can of Troll-B-Gone.