PDA

View Full Version : something cool from honda

cheezyflier
May 18th, 2010, 06:19
mr. bill, i think you will appreciate this:

cuIJRsAuCHQ

Dain Arns
May 18th, 2010, 06:42
Looks like we are heading more and more towards the future as depicted in Pixar's "Wall-E"... :icon_lol:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b162/Leorstef/walle3.jpg

That is pretty cool though. I want one. LOL!

exc141ac
May 18th, 2010, 06:45
Reminds me of the drive system on the car in I, Robot.

Wonder how flat the terrain needs to be?
Note the foot dragging for control.

Is it a concept prototype or what is it going to cost?

In any case -- it is indeed cool.

tigisfat
May 18th, 2010, 08:02
I remember the good old days where having to have a 'personal mobility device' that got you around at walking speed was because something tragic happened to you. I hope these replace the wheelchair, because if they go mass market you won't see skinny girls on them...

kilo delta
May 18th, 2010, 08:04
Would be cool racing for pink slips... after a belly full of booze! :d

Matt Wynn
May 18th, 2010, 08:08
nifty! but i think i'll stick with my 2 feet... next test..... stairs! :icon_lol:

Quixoticish
May 18th, 2010, 08:17
Like everything from the Sinclair C5 to the Segway I anticipate this will fall by the wayside if it is ever introduced as a consumer product.

wombat666
May 18th, 2010, 08:30
Like everything from the Sinclair C5 to the Segway I anticipate this will fall by the wayside if it is ever introduced as a consumer product.

Coming out of Honda it will have every chance of succeeding, at a price of course.
Not much use for the disabled in this form, as (for example) a stroke victim like my youngest brother usually has full or partial paralysis down one side of the body.
Watching this demo shows a certain level of 'balance' required by the 'rider'.
Very clever just the same.
:applause:

safn1949
May 18th, 2010, 08:33
Interesting,it doesn't look very comfortable.And of course just what we need, another reason to be lazy.

I would hope at best the technology can those who are not mobile.:d

wiltzei
May 18th, 2010, 10:27
Two 100lbs girls can ride on smooth office floors seemingly without any difficulties. Ok, cool. I wonder if apparatus like this one will ever be available to Everyone.

Here´s an another one nice concept.
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEOGOR00OCU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gEOGOR00OCU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Lionheart
May 18th, 2010, 11:32
mr. bill, i think you will appreciate this:

Thanks CF,

I have seen this many many times and it appears they will be manufacturing this. Great to see. The thing is incredible, isnt it? You could put a couple of these in the back seat of a plane, go to an airshow and use them to get around in long long distance walks.. Would save alot of energy.

Wiltzei,

Many thanks for the YouTube on that Toyota chair. I didnt know it could go that fast and had leaning suspension.. That is too dang cool! Those would be brilliant for handicapped people that just need to run up to the store. Man... What amazing technology...

Great interview as well, hilarious.

Imagine an entire city owned by a car company. Amazing.

ananda
May 18th, 2010, 11:40
Those would be brilliant for handicapped people that just need to run up to the store. Man... What amazing technology...

But not for the poor pedestrians who might inadvertently stray into their path :running:

George

cheezyflier
May 18th, 2010, 11:48
wiltzei, that was funny!!! :icon_lol: :applause:

"the future of motoring, unless you're fat"

otherwise, the responses to the video i posted mirror my own opinions. here in toronto i see alot of people cruisin around in those mobility chairs. some because they are old, but most because they smoke like a chimney and they haven't succumed to emphasema or cancer just yet. or else they're so fat they make even me look slim.
(and even david copperfield can't do that) the technology though, is really cool. "that's what floats my boat"

i typed this entire response 1-handed while eating a grilled ham and cheez with bacon