PDA

View Full Version : me too!

tigisfat
May 17th, 2010, 22:06
Hey guys, I used to use MSTS a lot, and I did trainz 2007 for a while. I built some pretty elaborate layouts. Which software and version are you guys using? I know there are like three different train games out right now, and I wanna know which one to get so I'm on the same page as you. This looks fun.

Is railworks or trainz: railway simulator the adaptation of trainz 2007?

Which is the best?

Gramps
May 18th, 2010, 02:41
I still use good ol' MSTS

Snuffy
May 18th, 2010, 03:05
RailSim has been basically rewritten as RailWorks, same devlopers.

I'm running the latest updated RailWorks.

warchild
May 18th, 2010, 03:49
I'm also using railworks.. As a new player in the world of virtual railroading, i dont have a lot of investment in developed routes lines or anything else, and railworks provides a good interface, and excellent graphics. There was a bit too much negative spoken about for trainz, as some claimed that one version of their stuff doesnt work with another version of the sim.. Railworks is automatically and constantly updated, so most of the time, everything works right, and when it doesnt, they fix it.. mSTS if you can find it ( its a hundred dollars on amazon ) Doesnt have a 3D cab, but the amount of stuff available for it is astounding.. its had eight years of development, and many swear by it still.. Its still far from dead, irregardless of how many are now using railworks..
Pam

Gramps
May 18th, 2010, 17:50
You can find new versions of MSTS on ebay for MUCH less than a 100 bucks.