PDA

View Full Version : CTD on Accessing MAP

Devildog73
May 17th, 2010, 16:58
Anyone know what causes the sim to CTD when trying to view the map?
I have tried the "M" key and the button in the cockpit, either way CTD.

Discus
May 17th, 2010, 17:38
Anyone know what causes the sim to CTD when trying to view the map?
I have tried the "M" key and the button in the cockpit, either way CTD.

DD

Itīs probably a problem with the airbases.dat file. Look if yourīs (located in your INFO folder) is not missing some of the airbases information reffered in the mission files you were flying when you tried to access the map.

Ussualy the airbases info you have to add to your airbases.dat file (using notepad) comes with every new set of airbases or with the campaign/mission pack.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Discus

Cody Coyote
May 17th, 2010, 17:58
In my experience when you get a CTD while trying to look at the map or when clicking Advanced Info the problem always traces back to a conflict between the airbase information in the mission file and your airbases.dat file.

When you click on the map or Advanced Info you are creating a link between the game and the Mission Builder (the map you see is the MB map). The MB looks for the airbase ID numbers used in the mission file and compares them to your airbases.dat file. If it finds those numbers, even if you have them assigned to different bases in your airbases.dat file, the map displays. If it doesn't find one of the numbers - Crash To Desktop.

You need to open the mission file and compare the airbase ID numbers there with what is in your airbases.dat file.

Devildog73
May 18th, 2010, 13:53
Yeah, I was flying in Free Flight.

It is my trusty MTO install. That one is rock solid usually. I did all of my Tuskegee Airmen missions in that one. I will recheck the airbases.dat and see what it is.