PDA

View Full Version : Forum Needs a better Portal

CrisGer
May 17th, 2010, 16:41
It is impossible to find the flight simulations section of the forum coming in thru the front door. There is NO listing of the whole set of forum sections. I hope that can be corrected for people who do not know there ARE indiviudal sections for CFS2, 3, FS 9, FSX, X3, etc. just cant find them ..

i had to go back out and use Google to find the The Simulations sectoin.

Can this be corrected?

thanks ...

aeromed202
May 17th, 2010, 17:42
Here's an idea to consider. Under HOME, then SITE NAVIGATION, could it be set up so when you float the cursor over FORUMS all the forum headings appear in a drop-down menu? Then just click on which you want. I have no idea if what I said is hard to do or not.

Lionheart
May 17th, 2010, 17:46
When I come here, I type in www.sim-outhouse.com and then in there, I click on 'Forum' (button at top left) and it gives the list of where's.

I find the present SOH main page pretty adequate with its information and the Forum page shows you a list of the entire Forum.

Bill

jmig
May 17th, 2010, 17:49
Here's an idea to consider. Under HOME, then SITE NAVIGATION, could it be set up so when you float the cursor over FORUMS all the forum headings appear in a drop-down menu? Then just click on which you want. I have no idea if what I said is hard to do or not.

Well, I don't know about floating over it to get the drop down? But! If you click on the forum tab you will get all of the forums, including the ones the OP requested. Maybe not as easy or intuitive. Still, it does work.

I will pass the suggestion on to the web designers.

stiz
May 17th, 2010, 18:01
SOH has a front page?? i just favorited the forum index link and use that :)

jmig
May 17th, 2010, 18:05

Home Page!

luckydog
May 17th, 2010, 18:22

Same here.....

Henry
May 17th, 2010, 18:24
it do
but i never go there
H

smilo
May 17th, 2010, 18:33

Same here.....

yup, and Multi-Player threads for quick posting of Race stats.
never use the Home Page.

tigisfat
May 17th, 2010, 22:43
I use the homepage, but I find it of no consequence to hit the forums button.

Snuffy
May 18th, 2010, 02:58
Its easier to just sign on at the forums index page and be done with it. ;)

Ickie
May 18th, 2010, 03:19
rather than re-inventing the wheel, just bookmark it, gee wizz use your brain.

cheezyflier
May 18th, 2010, 06:49
rather than re-inventing the wheel, just bookmark it, gee wizz use your brain.

you know, that's funny, mostly because it makes so much sense.
my pop-pop was one of my fav people in the world when i was a kid, and he was notorious for statements like those.

aeromed202
May 18th, 2010, 07:37
Jeez Ickie you just don't get technology. It's not about what is needed, it's about what can be done just because it can. Look at cell phones or software bundles and all the schmutz they hope you'll to pay for but don't need to do the primary functions. OK, Ok sorry to all the techs out there, I was one myself once.

But seriously you're right about the brain thing :wavey: <--this guy looks this way cause he aint got one. Like Elwood P. Dowd said, "Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, "In this world, Elwood, you must be" - she always called me Elwood - "In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant." Well, for years I was smart. I recommend pleasant. You may quote me."
From Harvey, James Stewart as Elwood. All in good humor. Hats off for Ickie again for all the work and oversight.:salute:

kolbenfresser
May 18th, 2010, 14:47
Another simple way to enter the forums is when you're coming in from from the homepage:

Scroll down a tiny bit to the 'Recent Threads' section.

On the right you'll see all the important forum sections (New Hawks, FSX, FS2004, CFS and so on ...), click on the desired piece of the cake and ... et voila ...
:sheep:

Dangerousdave26
May 18th, 2010, 18:27
Jeez Ickie you just don't get technology. It's not about what is needed, it's about what can be done just because it can.

:d Somebody once told me...

good ideals usually mean more work for me, lol
and I aint going to tell you who said it but he is right. :mixedsmi:

Truth is the home page has been changing since the site was upgraded but you could always just click the forum button at the top and get where you want to go.