PDA

View Full Version : Metallic blurred prop

NCGent
May 17th, 2010, 13:00
Hey everyone

I have a lil problem with a part and or texture on a model I am working on finishing. I compiled as always and found the prop had a metallic shine to it (see pic) I have rebuilt and re-textured 5 or so times, tried different prop textures and used different alphas on the prop material but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any suggestions or maybe run into this before?

Thanks guys
Chris

Milton Shupe
May 17th, 2010, 15:22
For FS9 (unsure about FSX) the bmp name needs to end with _t and/or you must reduce opacity of that material in the design program to around 5-8%. Alpha need to be pretty much toward black.

NCGent
May 18th, 2010, 06:24
For FS9 (unsure about FSX) the bmp name needs to end with _t and/or you must reduce opacity of that material in the design program to around 5-8%. Alpha need to be pretty much toward black.

That didn't work Milton but I'm still working on it. Never had this happen before, not sure what it is.

Chris

Milton Shupe
May 18th, 2010, 10:12
That didn't work Milton but I'm still working on it. Never had this happen before, not sure what it is.

Chris

In gmax (unsure abut FSDS) the material name can be anything but the texture name assigned to it must have the xx_t assigned. I see you have some transparency in your attachment, so start with the alpha around 20,20,20 and go from there.

Also, you may check previous models to see if you are forgetting another setting for that material.