PDA

View Full Version : My FSX has gone haywire

smithcorp
May 17th, 2010, 04:05
Hi all, hoping you can help me. I have reinstalled FSX and Acceleration. The first addon aircraft I reinstalled was the Aerosoft DiscusX (fully patched). However, I seem to have missing airports and my aircraft registers a crash or starts sliding over the ground moments after a mission or free flight starts. The aircraft seems to fall through the ground (I have collisions on).

I tried the introductory soaring mission, I get the start of the "welcome to Minden this looks like a great soaring day" dialogue and I get a crash detection and the mission immediately restarts for the same result. Instead of being on the active at Minden, the first thing I see before the aircraft "crashes" and puts me in outside view, is I'm in the desert - no runway textures or buildings - it's like I'm sitting on the ground in the middle of nowhere.

I started the Swedish soaring mission, the glider started in the air, but immediately performed most of a loop and then was impossible to control with my X52.

I tried the very first takeoff mission in the ultralight and same thing, it immediately "crashes" and I see it sunk into the ground.

Anyone seen this sort of behaviour before and can give me a tip as to what's going wrong and how to fix it please?

thanks in advance

smith