PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here waiting for Red Dead Redemption to come out? (Xbox 360/PS3 Game)

Roadburner440
May 17th, 2010, 03:00
Not sure of everyone gaming habits outside of FSX. I do a little console gaming myself every now and again. Preferably Rockstar games which are most known for the Grand Theft Auto series. Well they have branched off and they have a Western themed game coming out tomorrow that looks awesome to me. Can see screens, and videos here: http://www.rockstargames.com/reddeadredemption/ Just wanted to spread the word, and if anyone would like to play multiplayer feel free to PM me here. I usually don't go on Live and play with random people, and I am sure those of you with Live know why (got tired of all the little kids and immature people playing Halo years ago). This game looks like it will be a lot of fun. I will definately be sure to give you guys a first hand opinion once I get my hands on it tonight.

Snuffy
May 17th, 2010, 03:11
Nope. Can't say that I am ... firstly, I don't own a X-Box.

Daveroo
May 17th, 2010, 05:41
i looked at this "game" and really liked it..until i realised it wasnt going to be made for PC..........shot me down...i would have bought my first shooter type game ever if it was for PC

Bjoern
May 17th, 2010, 06:10
I found Call of Juarez quite entertaining for a Western game, so I guess I'll give RDR a try once it comes out for PC.

txnetcop
May 17th, 2010, 06:33
Yep I will be looking at it...I love my XBOX and I never dreamed I would say that!
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

d0mokun
May 17th, 2010, 07:19
Red Dead Revolver was always a fun game to play, so no doubt Redemption will be!

:salute:

tigisfat
May 17th, 2010, 13:35
I thought the game 'GUN' was better, and I wish there was a sequel.

Roadburner440
May 17th, 2010, 13:48
I have heard about Gun, but never got it for my original Xbox. Western games never really interested me. I was at a friends house awhile back when he was playing Red Dead Revolver, and I thought that was mildly interesting. I just like these big open world games that Rockstar creates. I just can't believe the lack of civility over on the IGN and Gamespot boards. Should of learned from GTA IV release though that all the kids and such come out to play, and aggrivate people the week of release.

tigisfat
May 17th, 2010, 13:57
Should of learned from GTA IV release though that all the kids and such come out to play, and aggrivate people the week of release.

I used to game a lot until that game came out. I've never been so let down by a game in my life. It's wasn't a horrible release, it just wasn't half of what all the other GTA games were.

Roadburner440
May 17th, 2010, 14:04
Yeah. The game seemed like a huge step backward from San Andreas content wise. Graphics wise it was outstanding to me, and unfortunately that has made it impossible to go back and enjoy the older games. Red Dead Redemption seems to be adding a lot of the mini-games and random encounters back into the game. Hopefully what they learned from doing this they will apply to the next GTA. I am just hoping this is not a let down, but if the people that have procurred it early are any indication it seems to be a solid game. Seems the only let down people have is with the multiplayer, and not being able to play the mini-games online with friends.. Believe me at midnight I will be back here if it is a huge disappointment to let people know to save their $$.

tigisfat
May 17th, 2010, 21:00
Yeah. The game seemed like a huge step backward from San Andreas content wise. Graphics wise it was outstanding to me, and unfortunately that has made it impossible to go back and enjoy the older games. Red Dead Redemption seems to be adding a lot of the mini-games and random encounters back into the game. Hopefully what they learned from doing this they will apply to the next GTA. I am just hoping this is not a let down, but if the people that have procurred it early are any indication it seems to be a solid game. Seems the only let down people have is with the multiplayer, and not being able to play the mini-games online with friends.. Believe me at midnight I will be back here if it is a huge disappointment to let people know to save their $$.

please do let me know.

Willy
May 17th, 2010, 22:20
I just can't believe the lack of civility over on the IGN and Gamespot boards. Should of learned from GTA IV release though that all the kids and such come out to play, and aggrivate people the week of release.

Sounds like the old MS Zone for CFS.

Roadburner440
May 19th, 2010, 11:55
Well it is definately a great game so far. It seems to be fairly massive, but of course riding around a horse makes it seem a lot bigger than it is since I am used to cars in GTA IV. Like with the GTA's there are the usual animation weird things that take place very rarely with objects in areas you probably shouldn't be. Overall so far I am extremely impressed. I would give it a 9/10. Especially fun to lasso someone, put them on the back of your horse, and take them to nearest train tracks and wait for the next train to come through, LOL. Is an actual achievement too. Not to mention hunting animals hunting people for bounties, and just the environment itself. Still in the first are so all there is that I have seen are rock, and a decent size desert area.