PDA

View Full Version : Converting FS2004 air files to CFS2

ArgVega
November 12th, 2008, 19:38
I am trying to convert the FS2004 air file to CFS2 air file, so i copied an air file from a cfs2 plane and was copying the values i could find from the FS2004 air file to the CFS2 but it doesen't seem to be flying correctly.. Is there an easier way to convert?

thicko
November 13th, 2008, 03:57
ArgVega,
Don't forget the Aircraft CFG, it is also necessary to make the plane fly correct in both Sims. For Airfile edit I use Airwrench for new I use Flight Dynamics Workbook. Both available at
http://www.mudpond.org/

Cheers Thicko

ArgVega
November 13th, 2008, 06:31
Thanks very much, this program will help a newb like me understand the concept of what i'm editing which should help alot!

OBIO
November 13th, 2008, 09:37
Be patient as you delve into air file editing....there is a lot to learn inside those files, and one error will send your plane back to the repair shop in a hurry. I have converted a good number of air craft from FS2000, FS2002, and FS2004 to CFS2...and still have no clue about 90% of the AIR file.

OBIO

ArgVega
November 13th, 2008, 13:22
That is a truth i'm learning more and more about, the airfile and aircraft cng is an elaborate maze which is definately confusing me, i'm using Airwrench and when i enable the edit options, lots of variables get changed around which i have no idea why or what they do.. but my FS2004 aircraft goes to high draft and really low climb rates and speeds