PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Cigarettes....

Chacha
May 16th, 2010, 21:14
Have you seen this?

http://www.smokingeverywhere.com/

I just saw one at the mall the other day....

OBIO
May 16th, 2010, 21:21
My sister-in-law has one. She likes it because she isn't allowed to smoke at work...so now she can get her nicotine fix without risking her job. $50 for the starter kit, then $15 for 6 refill thingies. Each tip has 300 drags/puffs in it. The tips contain water and nicotine. The white area (where the tobacco is on a real cigarette) is the battery..which can be charged via a wall unit, a USB wire to your PC, or a car charger. The tip has a heating element in it that vaporizes the water/nicotine mixture.

I took a couple puffs off it...it's okay....tasted like a menthol cigarette, had a vapor to exhale (just steam/water vapor). Not really my cup of tea though....I am a smoker, and I like to chew on the filter of my cig....kind of a Dirty Harry thing.

My smoking has been reduced greatly since I stopped smoking in the house. Maybe by 75 to 80%. From a chain smoker to a light smoker. Still not as good as becoming a non-smoker, but it is a HUGE step in the right direction.

TARPSBird
May 16th, 2010, 21:26
A friend of mine uses E-cigs whenever he goes to a bar. This past year the city of Norfolk instituted a no-smoking law for bars so I'm sure the E-cigs have gotten real popular locally.

tigisfat
May 16th, 2010, 21:26
I had a buddy smoke one of these while transferring 190,000lbs of gas once. The thought of someone who had no idea what it was seeing it from a distance at night cracked me up. :mixedsmi:

Personally, it didn't do anything for me or help with anything.

stansdds
May 17th, 2010, 02:13
My wife recently switched to one, she likes it. I like it too, no more bad odors!

lifejogger
May 17th, 2010, 05:12
I have seen and heard advertisements about them, but I didn't know they contained nicotine.

Chacha
May 17th, 2010, 05:15
Thanks...

I have a very good friend who will be celebrating his birthday soon and I want to purchase this for him....

I hope he will like it....

:jump:

Matt Wynn
May 17th, 2010, 05:24
i use an e-cigarette, best buy of my life so far. i've used mine at Gas Stations (Petrol stations to us brits), on aircraft, on other public transport and in bars, it's good as well as it's one heck of an ice breaker too, people will come up to you and ask about it, mines a funky little number with a green LED so it cannot be confused with a regular cigarette, mine is an E-Lite... and i must admit i feel better than i did smoking regular cigarettes, of course my girlfriend made sure i got an E-Cig, she also made me give up alcohol... which i did... E-cigs to me are one of the great technological advancements, a pack of 20 smokes here in the UK will set you back around £6, a pack of 5 e-cig 'filters' costs £6 and you get the equivalent nicotine of 12-15 cigarettes per 'filter', roughly 70% cheaper overall... leaves me more money for spending on the girlfriend (No wonder she made me get one!...)

Chacha
May 17th, 2010, 05:29
i use an e-cigarette, best buy of my life so far. i've used mine at Gas Stations (Petrol stations to us brits), on aircraft, on other public transport and in bars, it's good as well as it's one heck of an ice breaker too, people will come up to you and ask about it, mines a funky little number with a green LED so it cannot be confused with a regular cigarette, mine is an E-Lite... and i must admit i feel better than i did smoking regular cigarettes, of course my girlfriend made sure i got an E-Cig, she also made me give up alcohol... which i did... E-cigs to me are one of the great technological advancements, a pack of 20 smokes here in the UK will set you back around £6, a pack of 5 e-cig 'filters' costs £6 and you get the equivalent nicotine of 12-15 cigarettes per 'filter', roughly 70% cheaper overall... leaves me more money for spending on the girlfriend (No wonder she made me get one!...)

Thanks Smoothie...

I probably like the green light as well..

GREEN is the New RED!

RobH
May 17th, 2010, 05:33
Personally, it didn't do anything for me or help with anything.

Didn't work for me either. I actually found it harder to inhale than an actual cigarette. Most times, I would start coughing after an inhale on the E-Cig.:banghead:

Matt Wynn
May 17th, 2010, 05:36
Thanks Smoothie...

I probably like the green light as well..

GREEN is the New RED!

guess we'd better modify that colour wheel then :icon_lol:, i'll admit when you start using the E-Cig it can be tricky to get used to, but after the initial hurdle it's darned good, leaves you with better health, due to there being no Carbon Monoxide, Tar or various other nasty carcinogens... if you need to know anything else just let me know :salute:

Chacha
May 17th, 2010, 05:42
Didn't work for me either. I actually found it harder to inhale than an actual cigarette. Most times, I would start coughing after an inhale on the E-Cig.:banghead:

I am NOT a smoker....

But .... do you inhale the smoke, I thought you Puff it out!?

Matt Wynn
May 17th, 2010, 05:43
inhale yeah, just like you would a regular cigarette then exhale nothing but water vapor with e-cigs...

Ickie
May 17th, 2010, 05:44
I bought a setup last year and than found out 1 of the chemicals is antifreeze, and that stuff kills animals, lol and the tips are made in China, (tips= the filters with the chemicals in them)
I thought they were too hard to drag on.

I called the company 1 day after buying this and ask for a refund, lol they do not offer any such thing. I thought by law if you buy any chemical product and do not like it they have to give you a refund, but not China.

Can you really trust China on the chemicals they put into your lungs?

Chacha
May 17th, 2010, 05:47
I bought a setup last year and than found out 1 of the chemicals is antifreeze, and that stuff kills animals, lol and the tips are made in China, (tips= the filters with the chemicals in them)
I thought they were too hard to drag on.

I called the company 1 day after buying this and ask for a refund, lol they do not offer any such thing. I thought by law if you buy any chemical product and do not like it they have to give you a refund, but not China.

....Eeeeeks!

Anti-Freeze?????

Goodness! .... :(

Ickie
May 17th, 2010, 05:47
if it was just water in the filters thay why aren't they refillable at home?

RobH
May 17th, 2010, 05:55
I had heard some of the same horror stories about the one from China. I got mine from these people that swear theirs are made and built in the USA, but you know how that is.:banghead:

http://www.smokestikusa.com/

Matt Wynn
May 17th, 2010, 06:02
ickie what i meant was mine has a liquid nicotine thats drawn through an atmomizer, the nicotine as with cigarettes is inhaled, leaving the water vapor (It is a liquid therefore contains H2O) 'behind', the water vapor is exhaled... i know my E-Lites contain : Nicotine solution consisting of nicotine diluted in propylene glycol, or less commonly, glycerin, both common food additives.

Bjoern
May 17th, 2010, 06:13
*Shrugs, rolls cigarette and goes out for a smoke*

Snuffy
May 17th, 2010, 06:53
Didn't we just do this ... about a month ago? :mixedsmi:

Chacha
May 17th, 2010, 07:03
Didn't we just do this ... about a month ago? :mixedsmi:

....WELL...

I did not know that!
Refresh my memory please or maybe I did not see the post....

My apologies, Snuffy....
I did not want to bore you with a duplicate thread.... :)

Snuffy
May 17th, 2010, 07:51
....WELL...

I did not know that!
Refresh my memory please or maybe I did not see the post....

My apologies, Snuffy....
I did not want to bore you with a duplicate thread.... :)

No need to apologise, I was simply asking ...

Search is a cool thing:

In April, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=34832&highlight=cigarettes
In January, http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=29808&highlight=cigarette

Chacha
May 17th, 2010, 08:03
What is the best buy in regards to name brand.... ?

I am now trying to shop on line....

Thanks Smoothie for a great feedback..

...ans thanks Ickie for the warning....

I want a first hand comment from the users...

...@Smoothie,

I will send you a PM later on today... Thanks, man!

tigisfat
May 17th, 2010, 12:08

Hell no!! In only the last two years, 'safe' Chinese chemicals have put rat poison in American dog food products and harmful chemicals in chidren's plastics.

My girlfriend worked at a vet's office during all this and she said dogs were dying left and right.

Skittles
May 17th, 2010, 12:49
...and the FDA permits the use of sodium nitrate in all foods.

...and the FDA allows the use of BGH (Bovine Growth Hormone) in milk (banned is most countries).

...and the FDA made it illegal for farmers to test their cattle for mad cow disease (which got it banned in Japan, amongst other countries).

...and the Montclair Meat company who have just distributed 53,000lbs of beef they believe is infected with E-coli.

...and Tommy Hilfiger, who have just released a line of clothes that do not meet the required flammability ratings.

We obviously shouldn't trust anything that comes out of China. Stick to American :rolleyes: