May 16th, 2010, 17:38
Took this at my niece's graduation from college. Ending

Panther_99FS
May 16th, 2010, 18:09
Nice shot! :jump:
What were your ISO and shutter speed :ques:

jmig
May 16th, 2010, 19:15
ISO 3200 shutter on automatic. It was about 1/3 of a second.

JorisVandenBerghe
May 16th, 2010, 23:33
And at what focal length ? Great job!

Moparmike
May 17th, 2010, 08:21
That sure is a nice high ISO shot! Good job!

jmig
May 17th, 2010, 12:26
And at what focal length ? Great job!

Now guys, I am a picture taker not a photographer. I compose and frame the shot using the zoom. I then in 90% of the shots let the camera do its thing. I figure it is smarter and faster than I am.

I don't usually worry about the aperture, speed, or focal length unless I want to purposely blur something. I take pictures. Take enough and some will look pretty good.

Ferry_vO
May 17th, 2010, 13:01
Nice shot John!

You might want to crop it a bit to get rid of the two heads in the bottom of the photo.

Moparmike
May 17th, 2010, 14:00
Now guys, I am a picture taker not a photographer. I compose and frame the shot using the zoom. I then in 90% of the shots let the camera do its thing. I figure it is smarter and faster than I am.

Me too most of the time. But as your shot shows...even a blind squirrel can find a nut! :)

I was intentionally overlooking the "chome" showing the in lower left corner...I tend to steer away from that subject these days! :d
(That's one reason why I've got no pix of myself to post...for some reason they always wind up with blown highlights!)

jmig
May 17th, 2010, 17:56
Me too most of the time. But as your shot shows...even a blind squirrel can find a nut! :)

I was intentionally overlooking the "chome" showing the in lower left corner...I tend to steer away from that subject these days! :d
(That's one reason why I've got no pix of myself to post...for some reason they always wind up with blown highlights!)

No wonder he wants me to "crop" the shot. :jump:

Scratch
May 19th, 2010, 18:31
That's a fine looking shot. Did you use that high powered Nikon that you took the airshow pics with?