PDA

View Full Version : Computer Crashes.

Rezabrya
May 16th, 2010, 16:48
I already made a thread about this but nobody posted in it and I seem to have lost it, so here goes round two.

I have a fairly high end PC that I built myself around a year and a half ago. It can run most scenarios and planes fine at close to max settings. The one thing I seem to have troubles with is clouds. No matter what plane I am in, my PC always ends up crashing after I switch views a few times when there are clouds present. I am not sure why this is but I would love to find out, because it has grown really really annoying. Can anybody shed some light on this?

My Specs are as follows-
Antec 1200 case
ASUS Rampage Formula motherboard
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 OC'd to 3.4 GHz
EVGA Nvidia GTX260 Core 216
G. Skill 8 GB DDR2 1066 MHz RAM
X-fi Titanium Fatal1ty sound card
Corsair 750 watt power supply
Samsung 22 inch Touch of Color LCD monitor
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

txnetcop
May 16th, 2010, 17:08
You've got the right equipment. Have you checked each memory stick independently? I have a Q9550 at 3.8 and it runs FSX and PNW beautifully with the MSI 260GTX. I'll keep checking back on ya
Ted
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Rezabrya
May 16th, 2010, 17:20
No Ted, I have not tried all of them seperate. This computer has had this problem as far as I can remember so it is not something that has come up recently.

txnetcop
May 16th, 2010, 17:23
You could have one bad memory stick that has constantly plagued you.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

txnetcop
May 16th, 2010, 20:08
Another question does it only do that with FSX?

mal998
May 16th, 2010, 20:14
Have you checked operating temperatures for your CPU, MoBo, and GPU?

Overheating might be the problem.