Steady as it goes

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/A-7021.jpg

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b26/Prowler1111/A-7022.jpg

More at our forums
Best regards
Prowler

Bone
November 12th, 2008, 14:53
Looking good. Are there going to be missions with this one?

PRB
November 12th, 2008, 15:06
Wow. Good stuff. I mean, sluff! Can't wait to take her up for a spin around the pattern at KNLC.

noddy
November 12th, 2008, 15:09
What a beauty.

Gdavis101
November 12th, 2008, 15:45
Beautiful! :applause:

Navy Chief
November 12th, 2008, 16:04
Never thought I would say this, but I miss working on those ugly jets.

NC

MCDesigns
November 12th, 2008, 16:21
Beautiful! A must have for me! :ernae:

EgoR64
November 12th, 2008, 16:45
:wavey:

Very nice !!

The clues are starting to come together,
a-6e,
desert storm,
kc-12,
Mission,
Colonel Mustard,
Kitchen,
candle stick,
T-55,
Sluff........Hmmmm

Sounds like Fun to me !! :d

Many Cheers !! :applause::ernae::applause:

txnetcop
November 12th, 2008, 16:46
Put me down for this one-WOW!
Ted

Prowler1111
November 12th, 2008, 18:01
It´s SOONware....:costumes:

Prowler

PRB
November 12th, 2008, 18:22
Never thought I would say this, but I miss working on those ugly jets.

NC

I hear ya Chief! You can’t see it in these screen shots, but directly under the belly of this beastie is the ASN-190 Doppler radar system radome. To get at the antenna required removing 60 or 70 screws. And since the belly of the A-7E sat about three feet from the ground, removing those 50 screws meant sitting on the ground while doing it. If the plane was parked over the ship’s catapult track (which they always were) then you had to sit on the hot steel cat track, smelling stinky steam, and getting your butt burnt. Ah, the memories. Loved that old plane! :d

Looking forward to the "soonish" release!

MudMarine
November 12th, 2008, 19:57
It´s SOONware....:costumes:

Prowler

Don't even get me started on the "SOONware"......hehe:costumes: Still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor!! All I can say is.....:jump::applause::ernae::applause::jump:

MudMarine
November 12th, 2008, 19:58
I hear ya Chief! You can’t see it in these screen shots, but directly under the belly of this beastie is the ASN-190 Doppler radar system radome. To get at the antenna required removing 60 or 70 screws. And since the belly of the A-7E sat about three feet from the ground, removing those 50 screws meant sitting on the ground while doing it. If the plane was parked over the ship’s catapult track (which they always were) then you had to sit on the hot steel cat track, smelling stinky steam, and getting your butt burnt. Ah, the memories. Loved that old plane! :d

Looking forward to the "soonish" release!

Not to mention getting sucked in and spit out!! Ya, the memories!

waco
November 12th, 2008, 22:22
Three or four months ago, I was sitting in the hospital waiting room twenty miles south of where we live here in northeastern Washington when a guy sitting with his wife across the room said to me, "I was in the Air Force, too." (I was was wearing, like always, my USAF Retired baseball cap.) He was about fifteen years younger than me so I asked, "Where were you stationed. Maybe we crossed paths somewhere." He started rattling of countries and when he mentioned Thailand, I stopped him and asked what base. He said Korat and I said I spent a year there myself. "When were you there?" He said 1974. My mouth probably dropped open, because I'd been there the same year. I asked him what he did and he said he'd been a pilot. So I asked him what he flew and he answeredl, "A-7s." By now I was completely flabbergasted and told him I probably worked on his plane, 'cuz I was an aircraft electrician in the Air Force. That experience brought home to me how small the world can be sometimes. Over thirty years later and 10,000 miles away we meet in a little town way up in the mountains just a short distance south of Canada. :isadizzy:

Prowler1111
November 13th, 2008, 01:27
D´s will be on the package as well....

Marlin
November 13th, 2008, 10:09
I love the "Don't tread on me" snake. :applause:

Navy Chief
November 13th, 2008, 14:35
One of many memories: our shop was assigned removal of the four Leading Edge Flap Actuator panels every 40 days for a corrosion inspection/cleaning. It never failed that at least 5 or so of the screws would either strip out, or the built-in nut (cannot remember correct nomenclature) would break loose inside the panel. Major pain in the arse.

But probably the worse thing about that task, was taking a "bath" in hyd fluid, once the panel came off. Never failed. The running joke by the troubleshooters was, "If it ain't leaking, it must be out of fluid."

It was common to have a AMS troubleshooter called over to check a hyd leak on a SLUF. Oftimes they would wipe off the fluid from the panel, and say "Launch it". Unless the bird was leaking profusely, they rarely downed it.

NC

MudMarine
November 13th, 2008, 15:19
I love the "Don't tread on me" snake. :applause:

The Marines Corps first flag/banner: Don't Tread On Me

Marlin
November 14th, 2008, 15:10
The Marines Corps first flag/banner: Don't Tread On Me

Oh ya, I didn't know that. Was it the Gadsden flag?

13 rattles

MudMarine
November 14th, 2008, 15:48
Oh ya, I didn't know that. Was it the Gadsden flag?

13 rattles

Yellow background, rattle snake, don't tread on me; I'll have to count the rattles but I'm pretty sure it was 13. And yes, for real, it was the Corps first banner.

bearcat241
November 14th, 2008, 16:10
As always, stunning work Ronnie...git 'er done! :wiggle:

Dain Arns
November 14th, 2008, 22:34
Have to blow the dust off the Paint Shop Pro and do a South Dakota Air Guard paint, or two, I think... :kilroy: