PDA

View Full Version : FSX B-58?

Sideshow
May 15th, 2010, 05:12
A long time ago someone posted some screens of a B-58 being developed for FSX. I was wondering if anyone remembers who it was (I think it was Alphasim, but I'm not sure), and if it is still in development?

Bjoern
May 15th, 2010, 08:03
The only info I've found...
http://www.virtualavia.com/alphasim/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?731.10#post_1469

fsafranek
May 15th, 2010, 11:45
We're definitely working on it. We just haven't talked about it much.
Plus this reoccurring obstacle called "real life" keeps getting in the way. :kilroy:
:ernae:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

centuryseries
May 15th, 2010, 11:46
Not to give too much away, but yes, the AlphaSim B-58 Hustler has seen a lot of daylight recently!

It looks pretty awesome in all it's FSX nativeness :jump:

Paul K
May 15th, 2010, 12:04
Great to hear of this again. The Alphasim ( oh bugger, I just said the A-word ) B-58 for FS9 was excellent, and an FSX one would be most welcome. I usually go for vintage props, but there are certain large jets that just cannot be denied. A nice companion for my Iris Vulcan too.

fsafranek
May 15th, 2010, 15:02
Great to hear of this again. The Alphasim ( oh bugger, I just said the A-word ) B-58 for FS9 was excellent, and an FSX one would be most welcome. I usually go for vintage props, but there are certain large jets that just cannot be denied. A nice companion for my Iris Vulcan too.
Another in that group is AlphaSim's (now freeware but still pretty nice) Mirage IV (http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview12.html). It was France's venture into the nuclear bomber arena. David did a very nice job on it including the final recon version and there have been several repaints. Granted it's FS9 but still much fun if you enjoy the challenge of landing a delta.

Sideshow
May 15th, 2010, 18:22
Thanks all, that is great news to hear. I absolutely love deltas and this is without a doubt one of my favourites!

Paul K
May 15th, 2010, 22:08
Another in that group is AlphaSim's (now freeware but still pretty nice) Mirage IV (http://www.mirage4fs.com/preview12.html). It was France's venture into the nuclear bomber arena. David did a very nice job on it including the final recon version and there have been several repaints. Granted it's FS9 but still much fun if you enjoy the challenge of landing a delta.

And if I still ran FS9, I would seriously consider that too, despite not really being a 'jet person'. I love FSX ( with native FSX models ) and won't go back, but I certainly miss a lot of the old aircraft. Plane Design's FS9 Lancaster and Lancastrian are still the best examples of their type.

Ah well, thats progress ( allegedly ).

Stickshaker
May 16th, 2010, 03:32
Count me in when it's released! The FS9 B-58 is excellent but I cannot get it to fly in FSX. Hopefully it'll have a dragchute...

DaveQ
May 16th, 2010, 03:35
Ah well, thats progress ( allegedly ).

Amen to that!!!:kilroy:. Personally I think the AS B-58 operates reasonably well in FSX with a few cockpit and aircraft cfg. tweaks. And she still looks gorgeous too even without the FSX frills. Can't wait for the FSX version; I've worked up my own paint kit for it for some time so I'm ready when you are Frank!

Oh and here's one for the Aussies....! A B-58 of No. 6 Sqdn on an 'airshow' pass over Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays.

centuryseries
May 16th, 2010, 07:35
Count me in when it's released! The FS9 B-58 is excellent but I cannot get it to fly in FSX. Hopefully it'll have a dragchute...

Drag chute, engine covers, drooping elevons it's all the FSX version plus various new enhancements to the model.

DaveQ
May 16th, 2010, 08:41
Drag chute, engine covers, drooping elevons it's all the FSX version plus various new enhancements to the model.

OMG!!!!!

Pass the smelling salts!

DaveQ

icycle
May 16th, 2010, 16:06
FSX B-58 - count me in!!!

Always one of my favorites from FS9. It will be good to take her out again soon. I guess I'll have to get out the charts to Terre Haute again.

No if only an F-101 & B36.....

cordially,
Bill

b52bob
May 16th, 2010, 16:30
Here's your B-36:

http://www.alphasim3.com/store/index.php?currency=USD&cPath=23&sort=2a

Flies and looks great in FSX and well worth $25

Sideshow
May 16th, 2010, 18:15

That is truely excellent news! Sounds like it will be worth the wait :salute:

Stickshaker
May 17th, 2010, 11:12
Amen to that!!!:kilroy:. Personally I think the AS B-58 operates reasonably well in FSX with a few cockpit and aircraft cfg. tweaks. And she still looks gorgeous too even without the FSX frills. Can't wait for the FSX version; I've worked up my own paint kit for it for some time so I'm ready when you are Frank!

Oh and here's one for the Aussies....! A B-58 of No. 6 Sqdn on an 'airshow' pass over Hamilton Island in the Whitsundays.

Dave, can you tell me which tweaks are needed? Just in anticipation of the FSX version...

DaveQ
May 17th, 2010, 22:22
Dave, can you tell me which tweaks are needed? Just in anticipation of the FSX version...

Many of the flight instruments in the VC need replacing, as well as engine gauges. I've used gauges from other AS offerings done for FSX. The aircraft tweaks result from the differences in positioning of smoke/afterburner effects between FS9 and FSX. Here are mine:

I use Kirk Olsen's F-16 AB effects (because I like them!) but the numbers are the important thing

[lights]
light.8 = 9, -20, -22.1, -2.2, fx_F16ko_TORCH_FLAME
light.9 = 9, 2, -12.5, -3.2, fx_F16ko_TORCH_FLAME
light.10 = 9, -20, 22.1, -2.2, fx_F16ko_TORCH_FLAME
light.11 = 9, 2, 12.5, -3.2, fx_F16ko_TORCH_FLAME

Again I prefer the F-86 smoke to the original

[smokesystem]
smoke.0 = -19, -22, 0, fx_ALPHA_F86_Smoke
smoke.1 = 1, -12.5, 0, fx_ALPHA_F86_Smoke
smoke.2 = -19, 22, 0, fx_ALPHA_F86_Smoke
smoke.3 = 1, 12.5, 0, fx_ALPHA_F86_Smoke

Hope this helps

DaveQ

CheckSix
May 17th, 2010, 23:08
Ooh hells teeth yeah I had forgotten about the 101. Yes pls a RF-101 to sit along side the F105F and G then the F-100C and D and of course an F-4D... Oh man, dreamstate is wonderful isn't it? :)

Stickshaker
May 18th, 2010, 13:28
Thanks, Dave. I'm going to give it a try!

dvj
September 4th, 2010, 10:50
Work still progressing? Will Virtavia be picking this up?

centuryseries
September 5th, 2010, 00:32
Work is still progressing but outlet to be decided.

michael davies
September 5th, 2010, 07:25
Work is still progressing but outlet to be decided.

Now why doesn't that suprise me :mixedsmi:

centuryseries
September 7th, 2010, 10:42
Indeed, it was only a matter of time!

LCBORDEN
September 7th, 2010, 14:34
Is this product still available??.. I have gone through the old alphsim freeware site and not been able to find a B58..... Of course that is sad as I too have a great fondess for that big old screaming jet. Any direction given on locating the download site would be greatly appreciated.

ol' jarhead:wavey:

skyblazer3
September 7th, 2010, 22:12
TALL MAN FIVE FIVE: http://vimeo.com/9568953

This is a pretty cool video by the Strategic Air Command on the B-58. It is definetly a film from the height of the cold war, but well worth watching for B-58 lovers.

Have fun guys.

Century Series -- Can we have an F-100 C model, clean? just have to ask.....

Chris

centuryseries
September 8th, 2010, 00:18
Is this product still available??.. I have gone through the old alphsim freeware site and not been able to find a B58..... Of course that is sad as I too have a great fondess for that big old screaming jet. Any direction given on locating the download site would be greatly appreciated.

ol' jarhead:wavey:

Hi,

At present the FS9 Hustler is not on sale anywhere. Many reasons that I will not go into, but chances are that it will not be rereleased through Virtavia like a lot of other Alphasim aircraft.

However I am still working on the FSX version, which will be released at some point. Which version are you interested in?

Skyblazer, I'm sorry but I have enough on my plate without the Hun, but I too would love to see one in FSX.

michael davies
September 8th, 2010, 01:24
Hi,

At present the FS9 Hustler is not on sale anywhere. Many reasons that I will not go into, but chances are that it will not be rereleased through Virtavia like a lot of other Alphasim aircraft.

However I am still working on the FSX version, which will be released at some point. Which version are you interested in?

Skyblazer, I'm sorry but I have enough on my plate without the Hun, but I too would love to see one in FSX.

You have PM