PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad year,just venting

wildcat
May 15th, 2010, 02:06
Sorry for the post,normally I wouldn't do this but I have to vent and you guys are my extended family.

My birthday suprise this year was the wife walking out,my 25th wedding anniversary suprise was divorce papers.Everything that I have worked for over the last 18 years for my family has gone down the tubes thanks to that woman.Now I am going to have to sell my home and lose most of my pension to see her off.The lawyers will get whats left.
Then to cap it all my father is rushed in to hospital with major breathing difficulties.There's not a lot that can be done for him now apart from lots of heavy duty pain killers and constant O2.His condition is regarded as terminal,he may make the end of the year but they are not too sure how long he has.
My two daughters are pulling together and along with a crazy black lab are keeping their old man from going completly nuts.I am really proud of my girls for the way they are behaving,even though they have their own lives to live,they can still look after this old goat.
Someone somewhere seems to have it in for us this year.I will have to fall back on what the air force taught me stiff upper lip,positive attitude and all that and be strong for my girls,with their help we WILL survive this somehow,there WILL be a light at the end of the tunnel(just as long as it's not an express train).She may take the house and the cash,but she can't take the girls and my sense of humour.
Again,apologies for the rant, but I have to let it out.
Rant Off
Mick

tigisfat
May 15th, 2010, 02:12
I'm really sorry to hear that, buddy.

There's not much anyone needs to tell a guy like you. It sounds like you've got a good head on your shoulders and you had things sorted out well before any of us could get in here. A sense of humor is priceless!! There's a literal bank of good jokes over in canelo's cantina here any time you need an instant laugh. They can't print half of 'em in here.:icon_lol:

I'm going to go to the fridge for an ice cold beverage. I'll bet readers of this thread all over the world will join me in drinking to your future, your good upbringing of the girls and your sense of humor!!

:ernae::ernae::ernae::ernae:

harleyman
May 15th, 2010, 02:46
I feel for ya there..

Sounds a bit rough....

Heres the deal...now then...ladies of SOH need not read this, or I am in big trouble.

Our downfall as men went south the day we gave women the vote...its been all downhill from that day on....

I'm hauling butt outta here now....

later !

best of luck to you...God Bless good Daughters.. I too have a pair that are just remarkable young ladies...

stansdds
May 15th, 2010, 04:15
Wildcat, I'm sorry to hear of your woes. I get the impression that you are a hard working man and really tried to provide for your family, I think your daughters realize that and perhaps they know with whom to align themselves. Keep your chin up, keep open communications with your daughters and your friends, talking can be quite helpful in times of stress.

Harleyman... it's been nice knowing you, where do we send the flowers?

aeromed202
May 15th, 2010, 04:20
Oh man, bad doesn't quite cover it. But like Tig says it looks to me like you're already sorting things out. Those girls sound like gems so here's to them and the goat who raised them :ernae:

safn1949
May 15th, 2010, 05:32
You're still alive and your daughters still talk to you,that's the good side of this.Spend all the time you can with your dad.Take my word for this,I didn't with either my mom or dad and they are both gone now.

Hang in there and look at the stars and the birds flying by,relish every moment you have with family and friends.And come back when you need a lift and we all will be here for you.

Matt Wynn
May 15th, 2010, 05:40
Aye we're all here if needed Wildcat. sometimes life throws a punch that floors us, it's what we do afterwards that defines us. Winston Churchill once said "If you're going through Hell keep going", he was right keep truckin' on remember the Air Forces motto, it's a handy one to know. nothing is beyond a person if they strive to that.

Harleyman.... nice knowin' ya buddy...

txnetcop
May 15th, 2010, 06:21
Mick I can sympathize mine got the kids, the house, the best car and I paid child support and alimony for 12 years after 20 years with that B*****! She always had money, a nice home, vacations to the best resorts and that was my thanks for being a good provider! Her complaint was that I traveled too much in my job, so she has an affair with my "best friend," but she had no trouble spending the money for 20 years for private label clothing! Hang tough buddy! I'd like to tell you it gets better...two divorces later I have a very happy 10 year marriage to great gal! Of course I'm broke now but what the heck! Stiff upper lip ol' bean! March into the future with confidence.
Ted

Hey Harleyman we better plan a trip to another planet after these comments!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Lionheart
May 15th, 2010, 06:31
Hey Wildcat,

Sorry to hear about this. Horrible news to hear. It hit me hard. It reminded me of all that my family went through years ago when i was growing up.

If I may offer some humble advice. Count your blessings. When my cards are down, I count my blessings, food on the table, my puppy, seeing the sun rise... I could go on for paragraphs.. When you start dwelling on all the good, you find yourself forgetting about the bad stuff and before you know it, you are through the storm...

Don't turn to alcohol, if I might suggest. Your problem is still there in the morning and you might tend to do goofy things when under the influence. Keep it in order. Stay strong.

Think of the future. Your world might be about to change for amazing good. You never knows what's around the next corner.

Oh, and goodbye Harley Man, lol.....

Bill

cheezyflier
May 15th, 2010, 07:03
you know, i bet everyone of us has a tale with some of those (or similar) ingredients. maybe even worse for a few of us. the cool thing to me, is knowing that you ain't got no monopoly on sorrow. we've all been there, or are there now. and those of us who are prayin' folks will pray for you. when i went through it, i didn't have that kind of support, and i went a little nutty.
that's an extreme understatement. i actually went ALOT nutty

Ken Stallings
May 15th, 2010, 08:13
Walks out on your birthday and serves divorce papers on your wedding anniversary!

Frankly, I don't care if she has all the weight of rightness on her side, in my view, deliberately doing those two acts on those two very meaningful dates in your shows me she is a very shallow and insensitive person.

Frankly, make sure your divorce lawyer knows this and have witnesses to corroborate it. Who knows, perhaps the judge will feel the same about it as I do. It shows a pure mean streak in her nature.

I think you are going to be better off without her in your life. Move on and enjoy life, sir!

Ken

wildcat
May 15th, 2010, 08:13
Thanks for the support guys, it means alot to me. SOH is more than a flight sim site, it realy is an extended family who will help those in need:salute:to you all.
Harleyman, I have access to an old radar room we can hide you in
mick

Bjoern
May 15th, 2010, 08:44
The world isn't good enough to break your spine. So keep following that Air Force advice. Chin up, chest out and go out and conquer!

And while you're at it, plot an evil revenge on your ex. In younger years, sleeping with her best friend is the best way to go.

Panther_99FS
May 15th, 2010, 08:45
wildcat,
I'm truly sorry to hear about this awful situation in your life..:frown:...but try and think positive...Where one doorway has closed to you, another wonderful one has opened...:d

cheezyflier
May 15th, 2010, 08:52
panther, you are flat out mean! :icon_lol: pics like those are enough to make a guy in his shoes go celebate!

HouseHobbit
May 15th, 2010, 09:36
Wildcat,
I do understand..It is and will be a hard time for a bit..
I survived a divorce 21 years ago, I lost Everything, and I do mean Everything..
I walked a way with My Harley, and a car..Six pairs of jeans and 6 t-shirts..
Out of $344,000 dollars in property and money..(Court appraised value)
Everything I worked for in my early life JUST Vanished.
Along with my wife and daughter..

I survived.. And I am a much happier(Abit poorer man)
My faith developed, and I am able to say now, 21 years later I am Happier then ever when I was married..
It always looks darkest before the dawn as they say..

Keep yourself focused on what blessing there are, Your Daughters, and yourself..
Don't let yourself fall into the trap of "woe is me"..

It shall get better, and even through it is dark now, there is light on the horizon..
Use the strength and Character within. Develop Faith in yourself, and show the ex that you will be fine without Her..
That's the best thing you can do for yourself and daughters..
Many have suffered though this and survived, i am one..
And now you will also survive and be well.
Give yourself the chance to recover, It next few months will be Hell.
But it shall pass..
We are pulling for you here..
And i shall pray for both you and your children..
May God Bless you..
Remember you ARE well Loved...

{Harleyman, that took Balls to say, even if it going to cost you a pair before it's over..
LOL..I'll keep a light on for you, something tells me that you might need it}..
LOL..

Cees Donker
May 15th, 2010, 09:50
wildcat,

That is some ordeal! Stay positive!

Harleyman......you're toast!

:kilroy:

Cees

jmig
May 15th, 2010, 14:16
I am sorry you are having to go through such pain. As cheezy mentioned, we all have those times in our lives. They will either make you a better person or worse. It sounds like you will be better for the experience in the end.

Keep the faith, brother.

Bjoern
May 15th, 2010, 14:29
Where one doorway has closed to you, another wonderful one has opened...:d

P, you are supposed to help him and not drive him into suicide with those pics. :icon_lol:

TARPSBird
May 15th, 2010, 15:17
Wildcat, all of us here at SOH are a kinda family unit so we're here when people go through tough times and need to vent/rant. Sounds like you have very supportive daughters, and you KNOW that black lab will stand by you. Hang in there, you'll get through the bad weather. :)

b52bob
May 15th, 2010, 22:21
it sounds like you are blessed with two wonderful daughters. Remember that they are there for you. Also remember that life is a series of rivers that you must build bridges to conquer. I'm sure you will.

As to Harleyman...........I agree with you!

Bob