PDA

View Full Version : FSD Bonanza?

TeiscoDelRay
May 14th, 2010, 16:56
I see this is on sale for 18 bucks and seems like a great deal but I have not seen much said about it in the forums. Does anyone have it and if so how do you like it?
Thanks,

Overshoe
May 14th, 2010, 19:50
I see this is on sale for 18 bucks and seems like a great deal but I have not seen much said about it in the forums. Does anyone have it and if so how do you like it?
Thanks,

I just bought it. The sale got me off the fence. It looks very good but I have not flown it yet. I played with doors and controls and some of the instruments, Tomorrow I will give it a test flight.

TeiscoDelRay
May 14th, 2010, 20:40
Thanks Tom,,looking forward to your thoughts on it.

Lionheart
May 14th, 2010, 21:39
Thianks for the heads up. I didn't know they had one out.

Bill

tigisfat
May 14th, 2010, 22:04
Thanks,

I don't like GA, and I absolutely love this plane. For a while, it was all I flew. It's pretty and immersive; the sounds are so well done they really make you feel there.

Check these out to give you a better idea:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/Bonanza%20promotion/2010-4-6_22-55-57-364.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/Bonanza%20promotion/2010-4-6_23-0-8-451.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/Bonanza%20promotion/2010-4-6_22-34-26-455.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/Bonanza%20promotion/2010-4-6_22-26-14-544.jpg

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/screenshots/Bonanza%20promotion/2010-4-6_22-23-10-934.jpg

IanHenry
May 14th, 2010, 22:39
I bought it in the sale, and it's definatly £12 well spent (I was going to get it anyway because I like FSD's aircraft). It fly's really well and sounds great.

Regards,
Ian.

gradyhappyg
May 15th, 2010, 00:04
I like the Bonanza. It's cool looking and for 18 bucks you really can't go wrong. Now if I can just figure out the whole repainty alpha dds thingy so I can fix it up like the first GA plane (also a bonanza) I ever got to take a spin in I will be very very pleased.
The early shots of a newbie beginners first paint WIP. Wish me luck.

tigisfat
May 15th, 2010, 00:32
I like the Bonanza. It's cool looking and for 18 bucks you really can't go wrong. Now if I can just figure out the whole repainty alpha dds thingy so I can fix it up like the first GA plane (also a bonanza) I ever got to take a spin in I will be very very pleased.
The early shots of a newbie beginners first paint WIP. Wish me luck.

That looks like a good paint job to me. :ernae:

We need more factory looking repaints like this.

Snave
May 15th, 2010, 00:38
All they need to do is fix the glaring errors and it would be a bargain! The biggest cock-up is the ASI - it reads mph for knots! (in case anyone is wondering why it's so slow, it's not).
There's also an issue on my system with gauge pop-ups if the 2d panel is switched off in the configuration utility and I'm seeing some strangeness from the G/S indicator on the HSI, but that might be a `local` problem.
I also wish the yoke didn't just swing up and over but also had the option to remove, as with the C115, as there's a non-standard layout of power, prop and mixture in this vintage bird and you can't see the prop lever and just barely the gear lever because the centre yoke bar intrudes no matter which side the yoke is placed

Overall, it's £12-odd worth of product. Think: "Abacus, with proper flight modelling" and you get an idea of overall quality.

Trouble is it's always difficult knowing with FSD products whether others have these issues, given their propensity for removing criticisms from their forum, and then failing to deal with the issues. Which is why I have no idea whether the faulty g/s indication is a generic or local issue.

They still haven't fixed the C115 and that's been around for ages, so I have no idea if these issues are ever going to be addressed.

You also need to read CAREFULLY their EULA, not just click blindly past it in the rush to install...

tigisfat
May 15th, 2010, 00:49
All they need to do is fix the glaring errors and it would be a bargain! The biggest cock-up is the ASI - it reads mph for knots! (in case anyone is wondering why it's so slow, it's not). ... I do see that now that you've mentioned it, but I have an old version. Have you told FSD? They've probably fixed that already. Their customer service is great.

I also wish the yoke didn't just swing up and over but also had the option to remove, as with the C115, as there's a non-standard layout of power, prop and mixture in this vintage bird and you can't see the prop lever and just barely the gear lever because the centre yoke bar intrudes no matter which side the yoke is placed...That would seem to be a problem with the actual aircraft, not FSD's simulation. Forward views are limited in real life SR-71s, and I'd expect nothing different from an accurate sim.

Overall, it's £12-odd worth of product. Think: "Abacus, with proper flight modelling" and you get an idea of overall quality.I won't tell you your opinion is wrong, because it's your opinion and only you can decide. I will say that I respectfully disagree. Check out my shots above. That's a far better effort than any Abacus product I've seen. The budget pricing and sales offered on the FSD bonanza do not reflect the products it competes with or it's quality. It's just an extremely good value.

You also need to read CAREFULLY their EULA, not just click blindly past it in the rush to install...
You've got me curious. What's special or noteworthy about their EULA?

IanHenry
May 15th, 2010, 00:52
Snave,
I belive there is an update on the horizon for the C115.

Regards,
Ian.

thefrog
May 15th, 2010, 03:43
All they need to do is fix the glaring errors and it would be a bargain! The biggest cock-up is the ASI - it reads mph for knots! (in case anyone is wondering why it's so slow, it's not).
There's also an issue on my system with gauge pop-ups if the 2d panel is switched off in the configuration utility and I'm seeing some strangeness from the G/S indicator on the HSI, but that might be a `local` problem.
I also wish the yoke didn't just swing up and over but also had the option to remove, as with the C115, as there's a non-standard layout of power, prop and mixture in this vintage bird and you can't see the prop lever and just barely the gear lever because the centre yoke bar intrudes no matter which side the yoke is placed

Overall, it's £12-odd worth of product. Think: "Abacus, with proper flight modelling" and you get an idea of overall quality.

Trouble is it's always difficult knowing with FSD products whether others have these issues, given their propensity for removing criticisms from their forum, and then failing to deal with the issues. Which is why I have no idea whether the faulty g/s indication is a generic or local issue.

They still haven't fixed the C115 and that's been around for ages, so I have no idea if these issues are ever going to be addressed.

What would you say is the quality of the vc? Compared to, for example, the Carenado Bonanaza, which I am probably going to get soon.
Cheers
Frog

TeiscoDelRay
May 15th, 2010, 07:53
Thanks for the replies,,think it is a must buy at that price.

Overshoe
May 15th, 2010, 16:01
Thanks for the replies,,think it is a must buy at that price.

Well worth it. :salute:

I had a nice long shakedown flight today and the only problem I had was the ALT function on the autopilot. Once I figured that out I had no trouble following a flight plan.
Very stable approach for a smooth landing and good ground handling. I won't fly it as often as the PA-18 but it is a nice addition to my hangar.

TeiscoDelRay
May 27th, 2010, 17:13
I bought it and I love it. The plane flys great and sounds perfect. I live by a small airport and one flys over all the time. I just open my window and compare the virtual and real and they sound very much the same.

I also love the lights,,they worked out a way to make the lights steady and not wander like FSX lights do. Also the dash and cocpit lights are perfect,,not to bright so you cant see at night but a nice glow around the gauges so you can read them.

A great little plane,,,thanks,

tigisfat
May 27th, 2010, 19:07
I bought it and I love it. The plane flys great and sounds perfect. I live by a small airport and one flys over all the time. I just open my window and compare the virtual and real and they sound very much the same.

I also love the lights,,they worked out a way to make the lights steady and not wander like FSX lights do. Also the dash and cocpit lights are perfect,,not to bright so you cant see at night but a nice glow around the gauges so you can read them.

A great little plane,,,thanks,

I knew it!!

I told ya' so. ;)

Paul Anderson
May 29th, 2010, 15:27
... something causes an error, got reply I should be able to buy, but still can't. Have my Visa bill in front of me, know Iv'e entered stret address as in envelope window. Anyone else with this problem?

Tim_FSD
May 29th, 2010, 19:23
... something causes an error, got reply I should be able to buy, but still can't. Have my Visa bill in front of me, know Iv'e entered stret address as in envelope window. Anyone else with this problem?

What does the error say exactly?

Paul Anderson
May 30th, 2010, 00:44
What does the error say exactly?

Have sent screen shot to support desk.

'Some errors were found in the entered data.
Please verify information entered below.'

Credit card info is good, address is same as on last Visa bill. Stumped.

Paul Anderson
May 30th, 2010, 11:13
Got it. Purchase program didn't like the space between each group of 4 digits in the credit card number. Now to go and fly the heck out of it.