Henry
May 14th, 2010, 12:27
from just trains
if you get there newsletters
trying it now
H

warchild
May 14th, 2010, 14:36
Oh Arrrgh.. with all the spam i get each day, i chose not to get their email.. :;pout:; That would have been very cool to have..

Henry
May 14th, 2010, 17:57
that will teach ya:wavey:
lol
H

warchild
May 15th, 2010, 02:13
hehe yeahhh, but i'm still gonna pout..

Snuffy
May 15th, 2010, 10:47
*hands Pam a cookie*

Quit pouting ... maybe if you try a begging stance instead, since it was free, H might send ya a copy.

;)

warchild
May 15th, 2010, 13:42
Cookie??!! :D

::LOL:: its ok.. i did some research and found a link to it..Its nice. I'm enjoying it. its not exactly what i've come to recognize as snowplough, but with a high nosed fourty decked in black behind it, it has that sorta Mad Max air about it ::lol:;..
it would be nice if someone did an american style plough as well as that giant UP snow blower they use up in Donner pass :)
Pam

Helldiver
June 5th, 2010, 20:05
Can somebody pass on a screen shot of this snow plow?

warchild
June 6th, 2010, 12:48
Here ya go HD. And since the company has changed the wording to say its a gift to the community, i guess its ok to post this as well..
http://www.justtrains.net/zzasnowplough.asp?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=zzasnowplough-text&utm_campaign=april2010

warchild
June 6th, 2010, 12:56
Theres one draaweback to the plough. it doesnt work with most american engines on most american rails. It needs different couplers. I'm not saavy enough to know how to do that yet. Also americans use three different types of ploughs depending on the snowfall, and this one only approximates the littlest. The other two types are the spreader plow which has adjustable wings for clearing wide areas of track ( up to eighteen feet ) and for snow up to six foot deep. After the snow reaches six foot, they call in the rotary plough , which is a huge square maw on it that sucks in the snow and tosses it a few hundred feet to the side..

Henry
June 6th, 2010, 15:12
well we dont get much snow in GB
as far as couplings go yup there is a difference that i have not got too yet
the hst is different than a shunter
H

warchild
June 6th, 2010, 15:31
so that means that even in GB theres a difference between couplers.. Man that could get annoying,.. And you guys get plenty of snow there, just not the rediculously extreme snow we get in some of our mountainous areas like the sierras where the warm pacific air gets uplifted and drops straight on top of donner pass ::lol:;..