PDA

View Full Version : aluminum overcast in sacramento

Daveroo
May 14th, 2010, 08:17
AND I CANT GO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! arrrggggggggggg

im still on house restriction due to my recient skin grafts...stuck in the house darn it....

one thing..the other day a 4 engined ac flew over..i didnt see just heard it..i asumned it was a C130 by the sound..but both of my folks saw it and said it wasnt a c130..it had a long thin fusalage,,and a "narrow wing" 4 engined with a large "raidome" under the nose section.....any ideas of what the could have possibly have been?said the dome was brown and the plane grey...

Wittpilot
May 14th, 2010, 13:21
Sure sounds like a Herc to me.

im still on house restriction due to my recient skin grafts...stuck in the house darn it....

one thing..the other day a 4 engined ac flew over..i didnt see just heard it..i asumned it was a C130 by the sound..but both of my folks saw it and said it wasnt a c130..it had a long thin fusalage,,and a "narrow wing" 4 engined with a large "raidome" under the nose section.....any ideas of what the could have possibly have been?said the dome was brown and the plane grey...

tigisfat
May 14th, 2010, 13:28
Sure sounds like a Herc to me.

a long thing fuselage?

raptor6122
May 14th, 2010, 13:34
a long thing fuselage?

EP-3E Aeries II perhaps or a WP-3C Hurricane Hunter ???

Both have radomes under the fwd fuselage/nose area, and have the same engines as the C-130 with then same sound.

Raptor

raptor6122
May 14th, 2010, 13:37

EP-3E Aries II or the WP-3C Hurricane Hunter would fit that description.

tigisfat
May 14th, 2010, 14:07
AH!! TU-95!!

I know it can't be one, but it sure fits the description.

Railrunner130
May 15th, 2010, 16:01
With a long, thin fuselage, it could be a J model. Being in California, it may be from Channel Islands. The radome would be either the same grey as the rest of the fuselage or, if it's had a new radome, it could still be in black from the manufacturer. But not brown.