PDA

View Full Version : Windows 7 and scenery add-on problem...

Shylock
May 13th, 2010, 11:13
Some of my guys have upgraded to windows 7 and now when they go to add scenery they have to move the contents of the folders into the Addonscenery/scenery and Texture folders rather then the other way of adding the folder and going into FSX settings and adding it in there. This is becoming a real headache. Anybody having this same problem and is there anyway to fix it?

falcon409
May 13th, 2010, 11:18
I don't know how many threads I've seen on this problem and all the workarounds that have been suggested. I've been running Win7 since the beta was released a year ago and I've never missed a single addon being loaded just as I did with XP, Vista, etc.

I go into the Scenery Library, locate the scenery folder in my Addon Scenery location, double click so the "scenery & texture" folders are visible, click ok and then "right click" in the center of the box. Bingo!! scenery added.

trevytt2004
May 13th, 2010, 11:18
Just add the scenery as normal, when the screen returns to the selection area, just click anywhere within the white window, this is a known W7 problem. It works.......

Shylock
May 13th, 2010, 11:39
Falcon thanks. I am running XP still so I can't trouble shoot this issue for the guys on the team. I guess their to good to find out on their own lol. Thanks again.

falcon409
May 13th, 2010, 11:45
Falcon thanks. I am running XP still so I can't trouble shoot this issue for the guys on the team. I guess their to good to find out on their own lol. Thanks again.
Not sure why the right click was the solution, but that seems to be it for most folks. Actually I'm able to load scenery without the right click, but I started using that after I read it in one of the other threads, lol.

AndyE1976
May 13th, 2010, 14:27
I found the most reliable way was just to edit the scenery.cfg file - the format's pretty straight forward.

Has worked so far, although it took a while to locate the right scenery.cfg file!