PDA

View Full Version : Strike Figther series fans and also P-51 fans..

Prowler1111
May 12th, 2010, 05:23
Thirdwire just released an expansion pack for Wings over Israel 2, looks awesome, and it includes bump mapping, check it out!

http://thirdwire.com/project_sf2_exp1.htm

Best regards
Prowler

Sideshow
May 12th, 2010, 06:09
What exactly is strike fighters if you don't mind me asking? Is it similar to the old Janes IAF?

It looks quite pretty.

Lewis-A2A
May 12th, 2010, 13:18
Think European AirWar the old classic ww2 combat sim, but updated graphics and with jets.

Its a real fun combat sim and this update looks super pretty indeed :ernae:

AndyG43
December 19th, 2011, 02:19
Strike Fighters is another sim that really only came into it's own because of the fanbase and community involvement. There are some lovely addons out there (for example, they had a full set of Hawker Seahawks about 3 years before Steve did the honours for us), both aircraft, weapons & scenery. I still fire it up every now and then, just to have a chance to blow stuff up in as gratuitous a way as possible.

ZsoltB
December 20th, 2011, 01:09
What is the installation steps?

strikehawk
December 20th, 2011, 17:41
Most of TW's base game, updates and addons are self installing, just point it to the right place on your PC and run the exe, real simple. I have not made the move to the second generation games yet as there are tons of stuff still out for the first gen but I'll make the jump next year when I get my new rig.

Andy hit the nail on the head about the fanbase and community involvement, I have been a member of that community for almost 9 years now, I used to beta test effects and other things as well as give input or pass on data from the weapons editor to other more talented members for new ordnance items. I'm not as involved as I was but I'm still known to the older developers.

If you want a good air combat sim that out of the box covers the the Century Series fighters and their counterparts out of the box and continuing through stand alone releases up to the last days of the Cold War this is the game for you. When you add the amount of fan made aircraft, weapons, terrains and missions, not to mention full conversions you have a very enjoyable investment.