PDA

View Full Version : Work in Progress Rock island F3

warchild
May 11th, 2010, 23:29
Started on this wip this afternoon. is quite a bit more complex than the DD40 and the model isnt plum, so its gonna take me a while, but thought you might like to see.. :).. Hopefully after this, i can do the MoPac F3 which is a fantastic blue color :) :) ..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/railworks/Screenshot_F3_RI.jpg

Snuffy
May 12th, 2010, 03:16
:applause: Looks good Pam. Ummm question ... what's not plumb?

I guess I seem to be the odd man out here.

All you guys are into all the latest and greatest looking rolling stock and all ... me I'm stuck in the 1800s. LOL.

My initial work is coming along as well, I got a good section of main track laid and a couple switches, and I'm coming to grips with laying track and snapping to either ground or track, and then having to massage and modify graidient. I've even got a wood trestle bridge in place with a grade to it! LOL.

Man this is difficult, but I'll tell ya its a ton of fun sitting there in play mode with just a 2-6-0 loco and tender rolling along the track and climbing grades and such.

warchild
May 12th, 2010, 14:46
The reason i dont paint steam is that even though they look black and simple, they arent. they're very detaled, and i'm not that good at it yet.. I think people mostly paint UP diesels because they're yellow and grey and not much else.. very very easy to paint.. But get into MoPac F units or Rock island and now your talking a horse of several different colors.. :).. I'll get to doing steam one of thes days.. :)..

warchild
May 12th, 2010, 22:21
:applause: Looks good Pam. Ummm question ... .

The entire engine is out of plumb.. That white line on the top of the front of the engine is angled by 1/2 of 1 degree downward from right to left, and the right hand textures are all raised by 1 pixel.. like i said. its not enough for anyone to notice unless your looking at it real real real close 9 or painting it)...

warchild
May 12th, 2010, 22:22
I just found textures in here for a B unit, ao i went through the bin files trying to add it in. not sure i've succeeded, but i'll let you all know..
:)
Pam

warchild
May 12th, 2010, 22:46
Just a quick update.. Although the texture files are there for a B unit, the shape files arent, sooo, i'm currently waiting on the full F-3 kit from britkits.. While waiting, i've finished off the top of the A unit and can now start on the botomm and the details..

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/RockIsland_F3.jpg

txnetcop
May 13th, 2010, 01:33
DANG that's HOT STUFF!
Ted

warchild
May 13th, 2010, 07:52
Thanks ted..
I sent a letter off to Dick Cowen asking about the missing textures i cant find, and hopefully he'll reply and remember where he put them.. certainly has me stumped though. i spent all night looking through every file for them and nada.... ::sigh.. Oh well.. got my fingers crossed..
:)
Pam

Lionheart
May 13th, 2010, 10:28
Goodness Pam. That is really nice!

Great job.

:applause:

Bill

warchild
May 13th, 2010, 11:31
Thanks Bill :)..
At the moment i'm back on the Pasped. Paul will be home ( to his house ) soon and i hope to have something for him. We had a long discussion last nght about various aspects of the dynamics and pinpointed the areas we ned to work on the most today and discussed various options for attacking the problems. its gonna be a fun day ::lol:;.. Maybe we can get the plane to fly slower than 60 :)..

I heard Back from Dick Cowen, areas in the textures he told me to paint, i've already painted and they didnt work, so i'm gonna be looking at other aspects of the textures like transpaency and alpha channel stuff.. its whole new teritory for me so we'll see what happens..

Also, in order to get the F-3B i had to purchase the f-3 mega pak, which comes with pretty much the whole f series, including a pretty decent E-7 which i want to paint in missouri Pacifics Eagle colors. Then if i can ever get the hang of packaging, i'll upload the textures here for all you folks to enjoy, and hope ya'll ( not just Bill Folks ) do likewise as i know for a fact there is some amazingly talented people reading this :)..
Pam