PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhh....LIONHEART???

skyhawka4m
May 11th, 2010, 19:24

Rezabrya
May 11th, 2010, 19:52
One of the ugliest planes I have ever seen.

Kiwikat
May 11th, 2010, 19:54
SO FUGLY.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

djscoo
May 11th, 2010, 19:58
I rather like it. :wavey:

Naki
May 11th, 2010, 20:00
It looks a lot better with winglets.

Edit: Actually it has always had winglets

Kiwikat
May 11th, 2010, 20:00
I rather like it. :wavey:

You just don't know its ugliness until you experience it first hand. It is hideous in real life.

expat
May 12th, 2010, 00:19
Looks like a DC-10's "Mini-Me":d

Kavehpd
May 12th, 2010, 03:16
I fully support pre-marriage mandatory blood tests.

harleyman
May 12th, 2010, 03:26
I like it too.expecially its paint job !

Just whats so ugly about it ?

peter12213
May 12th, 2010, 03:50
I like it too.

Me Three, I think it looks nice!

Chacha
May 12th, 2010, 04:18
I don't like it.......

I LOVE it!

(especially if Lionheart Creations Ltd. makes it! OR someone else does it!)

Reddog
May 12th, 2010, 04:58
yep pretty nice looking for that type a/c, I'd rather see a TriPacer being made.

Stan V.
May 12th, 2010, 05:36

Is this supposed to be a suggestion or does someone have it as a WIP?

srgalahad
May 12th, 2010, 07:15
Awwww.c'mon guys.. the P-jet is odd perhaps, but not ugly..

now you want from UGLY???.. Things not fit for target practice? Wander through the 24 pages here:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46839

Rob

Kiwikat
May 12th, 2010, 07:20
Awwww.c'mon guys.. the P-jet is odd perhaps, but not ugly..

Ugly. However it still isn't anywhere near as ugly as the ugliest creation on Earth- the 747 SP. That thing is beyond repulsive.

I'll take the TriPacer too. :ernae:

Snave
May 12th, 2010, 14:28
If it were a child, it would have been left in the forest on a sub-zero night soon after birth. It looks like something Gerry Anderson threw together in the workshop...

http://captainscarlet.sfdaydreams.com/spectrumjet.jpg

Gibbage
May 12th, 2010, 15:44
Its not ugly, its FUGLY!!!

I mean its the least elegent solution too the VLJ. You have the two nice VLJ's like the Epic Victory and the Cirrus Vision (Both already on sale in FSX), then you have THIS thing? Looks like someone strapped a jet on the tail of there Mirage. I hope I never have to model that thing....

stiz
May 12th, 2010, 15:52
:mixedsmi:

Piglet
May 12th, 2010, 18:37
Looks like a Photoshop hack job. Seems like a new use for Navaho fuselages.
It DOES look Gerry Anderson!
P.S. The 747SP is the coolest version there is. DO NOT try to argue this fact!

deathfromafar
May 12th, 2010, 18:46
What the hell? Looks like a boxy Ford LTD of Biz Jets. Yuck!

Lionheart
May 12th, 2010, 19:02

Thanks for the heads up SkyHawk.

I like it as well. I like Piper. Good company, good planes. As you can see, they are in business, and Epic is in China.

I think that if Robert Rivera or Ian were around to design some nice paint schemes, that plane would look hot.

Also, I think if they just changed the rudder/engine nacelle a bit, that would look pretty dang sharp.

Bill

Kiwikat
May 12th, 2010, 19:10
P.S. The 747SP is the coolest version there is. DO NOT try to argue this fact!

LOL I think you've had too many dog treats. :173go1:

N2056
May 12th, 2010, 19:20
Last I heard Epic was in the hands of that builder group. Not in China...YAY!

Bjoern
May 12th, 2010, 19:48
When aircraft designers do drugs...

"Hey, I...dude...I feel like I forgot sumt'ing on dis ding..."
- "Where's da engin'?"
"Wha...?"
- "Engin'...know...wif dis prop 'n shiznit...or da one wifout..."
"Oh, right...well...den...let's jus'...put it here...on dis ding..."
- "Dude...you, like...like, put it right...un top of dat...dat...round fing."
"Like...fuselage?"
- "Ya."
"Wellll...I fink I like...like it, ya know?"
- "Oh. ... I like it too...it's like...putting...the emphasis...err...it's like...you know...euh...did I say I liked it...cuz' I really do."
"Awesome, dude...hey, could you...like...hand me the pipe?"

*Cough*

djscoo
May 12th, 2010, 20:00
When aircraft designers do drugs...

"Hey, I...dude...I feel like I forgot sumt'ing on dis ding..."
- "Where's da engin'?"
"Wha...?"
- "Engin'...know...wif dis prop 'n shiznit...or da one wifout..."
"Oh, right...well...den...let's jus'...put it here...on dis ding..."
- "Dude...you, like...like, put it right...un top of dat...dat...round fing."
"Like...fuselage?"
- "Ya."
"Wellll...I fink I like...like it, ya know?"
- "Oh. ... I like it too...it's like...putting...the emphasis...err...it's like...you know...euh...did I say I liked it...cuz' I really do."
"Awesome, dude...hey, could you...like...hand me the pipe?"

*Cough*

I didn't know Ali G works for Piper! :icon_lol:

EasyEd
May 12th, 2010, 20:11
Hey All,

I think it looks great!

Ugly is a P51 and some of the planes in the thread Rob suggested are truly Fugly. Here is page 8 for example.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46839&page=8

-Ed-

Kiwikat
May 12th, 2010, 20:14
Ugly is a P51 and some of the planes in the thread Rob suggested are truly Fugly. Here is page 8 for example.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=46839&page=8

Man some of those helicopters in that thread are "special". :toilet:

djscoo
May 12th, 2010, 20:35
Speaking of Lionheart worthy designs, I'll throw in pretty much everything to come out of Scaled Composites.

daytonite_andy
May 12th, 2010, 20:40
:mixedsmi:

That sir, is one elegant plane...:icon_eek:

Lionheart
May 12th, 2010, 20:53
Last I heard Epic was in the hands of that builder group. Not in China...YAY!

Hey Robert,

Actually, the Chinese were granted the company, all of the various planes and designs, except for the LT. The Dynasty went (same, similar), the Epic Victory, the Epic Escape, the Epic twin jet, all off to China. The LT did get to stay here and her molds and all. I hope the team, the 7 Builders, get to make it into a successful company.

Bill

skyhawka4m
May 12th, 2010, 22:08
Bill, did the LT ever get rated above experimental? I toured N368TT on a vist to a local airport and remember the "EXPERIMENTAL" being painted on the doorway area I believe.

tigisfat
May 13th, 2010, 01:29
The piperjet may be ugly, but it may make private jet travel a lot more affordable.

Snave
May 13th, 2010, 02:49
The piperjet may be ugly, but it may make private jet travel a lot more affordable.

Lots have promised this, none have delivered. The fact is, for the private market a turboprop makes more sense as it travels nearly as fast, just as high, further and uses less fuel, all from shorter and more gravelly runways.

The private jet market is serving a `want`, not a `need` and promising a cost that is simply undeliverable to a market where it is currently unaffordable. In the meantime, SOCATA have sold over 550 TBM's, Piper themselves have sold over 230 Malibu Meridian's as well as around 160 piston-engined Malibus, many of which are now being converted to PT6's.

We are long overdue a TBM850 or Piper Malibu Meridian for FSX!

Lionheart
May 13th, 2010, 04:42
Bill, did the LT ever get rated above experimental? I toured N368TT on a vist to a local airport and remember the "EXPERIMENTAL" being painted on the doorway area I believe.

Hey Skyhawk,

The LT version of this aircraft is Experimental. The Dynasty was essentially a factory built LT and was, to the best of my knowledge, Certified by the FAA, but I later heard things different to that. Now I had read that it was hearby certified in a couple of places, but never heard anything more then that. Epic were offering the Dynasty for sale on their website (orders being taken now), but I do not know what became of that.

The difference in prices for the LT and Dynasty was several million. I believe the LT was just over 1Mil and the Dynasty was several Mil. (I have forgotten what they were asking for those).

So when you see an LT, technically, they are an Experimental class aircraft, built by a team of builders that are technically not supposed to be factory. Dont ask, I dont know how they did that part.. Usually the buyer hired some guys to build it for them, so maybe these guys were 'hireable' to other builders and they would build each plane.

Bill

Bjoern
May 14th, 2010, 07:40
We are long overdue a TBM850 or Piper Malibu Meridian for FSX!

If you can live with portovers you should be able to find a FS9 TBM somewhere on the major flightsim sites.

Snave
May 14th, 2010, 11:01
If you can live with portovers you should be able to find a FS9 TBM somewhere on the major flightsim sites.

Thanks, but that was never a successful portover - rumour had it the same team were working on a TBM850 for FSX (The FS9 model was the earlier TBM700 and was equipped to `military` standards) but I've not seen anything about it for a looong time, unless anyone knows otherwise?

Bjoern
May 14th, 2010, 13:21
Thanks, but that was never a successful portover - rumour had it the same team were working on a TBM850 for FSX (The FS9 model was the earlier TBM700 and was equipped to `military` standards) but I've not seen anything about it for a looong time, unless anyone knows otherwise?

A quick Google only turned this up, but nothing on a FSX native freeware TBM.
http://www.abacuspub.com/fsd/catalog/s683.htm
(I think even $10 is way too much for that rendition but YMMV.)

Snave
May 14th, 2010, 14:37
A quick Google only turned this up, but nothing on a FSX native freeware TBM.
http://www.abacuspub.com/fsd/catalog/s683.htm
(I think even $10 is way too much for that rendition but YMMV.)

Yeah, I'd spotted that thanks, and I know what you're saying. :salute: