PDA

View Full Version : Alphasim Apache liveries reuploaded

arrowmaker
May 11th, 2010, 14:00
Just noticed this on Avsim. 11 repaints by Pierre lheureux, for the Alphasim Apache, have just been reuploaded.

Here is the first upload of my lost repaints since Avsim was hacked. These are FS9 Apache repaints converted for FSX. There are 11 schemes, both real and fictionnal: I.A.F. - LHX Test program - R.N.L.A.F.( 2542 downloads on Avsim ) - R.A.F. Tiger Meet - fictionnal B.A.F.- U.S Army 1st Cavalry Division, Iraq 2004 - U.S Army 1st Cavalry Division, Iraq 2003 - R.A.F. winter camo scheme - JGSDF Apache - "SEA Apache" U.S. Navy - 1st proposal - U.S Army 1st Armoured Division, Iraq 2004 - South Carolina Army National Guard. Iraq, Dec. 2004

Should be of interest to anyone who has the model.

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=147514&CatID=fsxacrp

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=260802

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=260803

http://library.avsim.net/sendfile.php?Location=AVSIM&Proto=file&ImageID=260806

falcon409
May 11th, 2010, 14:56
Oh yea, I'm all over this one. . .thanx "arrowmaker".:salute:

jojohnson9
May 11th, 2010, 15:17
I really like the repaints except for one problem. The starboard (right) engine has no texture on all the paints. Anybody else have this trouble ?

noddy
May 11th, 2010, 23:18
Yes when they were originally up loaded they had the problem. If the FS9 versions are still on there you should be able convert and use those.

arrowmaker
May 12th, 2010, 00:27
I really like the repaints except for one problem. The starboard (right) engine has no texture on all the paints. Anybody else have this trouble ?

Same here. I've sent an email to Pierre asking if he's aware of the issue. Hopefully he will respond with a solution.

arrowmaker
May 12th, 2010, 04:39
Well I've had a response from Pierre. He has version 1.3 of the Apache and everything seems fine on his end. Anyway I downloaded a couple of his repaints, individually, and overwrote the ones in the pack and the problem is now fixed. Very odd.

michael davies
May 12th, 2010, 11:33
The initial model was mapped so that one texture fitted both engines, thats fine for simple single color schemes, but as y'all know repainters being repainters started to come up with textures that had different engine colors and camo's, thus the model was modified and a different texture set produced and a new model compiled to accommodate this.

Thus it is possible to up mix texture sets with models and end up with no right engine textures.

djscoo
May 12th, 2010, 11:46
I wish that navy paint was for the longbow too.

jojohnson9
May 12th, 2010, 17:21
Well I've had a response from Pierre. He has version 1.3 of the Apache and everything seems fine on his end. Anyway I downloaded a couple of his repaints, individually, and overwrote the ones in the pack and the problem is now fixed. Very odd.
Where can I download the individual repaints to see if it fixes my problem?

falcon409
May 12th, 2010, 17:38
Yep, how can we correct our repaints?:salute:

arrowmaker
May 12th, 2010, 23:42

Just do a search, on Avsim, for Apache under the FS9 liveries. Unfortunately only five of his repaints remain as individual downloads. This is as a result of the hack and probably why Pierre uploaded his complete 11 pack set. Personally I've chosen to delete the liveries I cannot fix, which is half of them. Unfortunate, but I just can't see myself enjoying any livery with such an obvious missing texture.

After a little playing around I've found that the required missing bmp is called Apache_AH64A_03a_t. So if you take this from the individual downloads you are good to go. Well at least on five of the liveries.

jojohnson9
May 13th, 2010, 17:17
Just do a search, on Avsim, for Apache under the FS9 liveries. Unfortunately only five of his repaints remain as individual downloads. This is as a result of the hack and probably why Pierre uploaded his complete 11 pack set. Personally I've chosen to delete the liveries I cannot fix, which is half of them. Unfortunate, but I just can't see myself enjoying any livery with such an obvious missing texture.

After a little playing around I've found that the required missing bmp is called Apache_AH64A_03a_t. So if you take this from the individual downloads you are good to go. Well at least on five of the liveries.
Thanks for the help. As you said, I have about half of the repaints working. This is okay, since I only had one paint, the original.