PDA

View Full Version : Lockheed P-2V7 Fire Bombers?

Pages : [1] 2

stealthshadow1
May 11th, 2010, 09:59
I wonder if anyone has thought about designing one? I wish I knew how to design aircraft for FS personally. But the reason they interest me is I fly air tanker missions with 5 or 6 friends of mine all the time and the P-2 is the only aircraft that isn't on the air tanker list. Living in California we see them fly quite a bit on fires out here. SOH does such an awesome job with it's aircraft designs and maybe it's just a pipe dream to me and a few others that maybe someone would design one. I've always liked the way they looked without that radome on the bottom of them. The P-2 is just an awesome plane anyway.

http://p2vneptune.com/profiles/c17e.jpg

http://p2vneptune.com/profiles/c17f.jpg

Sid2008
May 13th, 2010, 06:30
Please give me 3-views and cockpit photo and I will do it in FSDS 3.5

BillgjCook
May 13th, 2010, 08:58
Hi I have some good 3-views and some detailed photos in a zip file
http://rapidshare.com/files/386911842/neptune.zip.html

stealthshadow1
May 13th, 2010, 12:11
Cockpit
http://www.vp4association.com/images/rtseat.jpg
http://www.vp4association.com/images/lseat.jpg

I hope this helps and thank you!

airattackimages
May 15th, 2010, 14:32
I'm so glad someone asked about this... we've been needing one of these for a LONG time! The last P-2 air tanker I've ever found was for FS2000 I think. We need an awesome high quality firefighting P-2 Neptune that doesn't have the radome underneath! Alphasim had a nice flying Neptune, but it of course was the Navy version with the radome.

The 2 drawings that stealthshadow posted are great examples. The first one is Neptune Aviation's P-2 paint scheme. They fly P-2V5s and P-2V7s, (which of course look identical.) I'm putting one of my photos of a Neptune Aviation tanker below, just so you can see what they look like in action. :) They have slightly changed the paint scheme recently to include more red. But even if the paint were to be the older scheme, people would still love it.

The 2nd one he posted is Aero Union's SP-2H, which are now retired, but I would still love to see it in flight sim!! They had a few of those and they were beautiful birds. The one you see, and 01, and 03.

There is a 3rd operater that still uses them, and that's Minden Air. They have Tanker 48 (which is a long tail SP-2H) and Tanker 55. I put one of my shots of Tanker 55 below. Tanker 55 is an SP-2H, with an odd half Neptune tail. Beautiful bird though!

Whoever takes this project on is going to be a hero to a lot of people! :wiggle:

BillgjCook
June 17th, 2010, 08:24
Hi there

Anyone working on this aircraft?
If not I will be slowly working on One my self. I only get a few hours a week to do so.
I will post some WIPs shots as I progress, My VC building is not the best but I will do the best that I can.

Cag40Navy
June 18th, 2010, 23:07
Hi there

Anyone working on this aircraft?
If not I will be slowly working on One my self. I only get a few hours a week to do so.
I will post some WIPs shots as I progress, My VC building is not the best but I will do the best that I can.
From what i hear, your also taking on the F7F Tanker projec as well. I would like to some WIP pics of that baby as well as this one.

BillgjCook
June 20th, 2010, 16:37
Check the F7f thred for the picks.

Thanks

Bill Cook

Cag40Navy
June 21st, 2010, 03:20
Check the F7f thred for the picks.

Thanks

Bill Cook
Were the tanks yours or a mixture of people?

BillgjCook
June 21st, 2010, 04:26
Hi Cag40Navy
I just built the tank to the best that I could and gave it to Milton.
I never knew about the website that he found or else I would have made all the tanks.
Milton put his own touch on it as I ask him to do so, mine was very basic. Thank you.
Bill Cook :)

Were the tanks yours or a mixture of people?

Cag40Navy
June 21st, 2010, 04:59
Hi Cag40Navy
I just built the tank to the best that I could and gave it to Milton.
I never knew about the website that he found or else I would have made all the tanks.
Milton put his own touch on it as I ask him to do so, mine was very basic. Thank you.
Bill Cook :)
If i may, i gave this link to Milton but if you would like it, shows all the tank variants.
http://napoleon130.tripod.com/f7ftigercat/id22.html

stealthshadow1
June 21st, 2010, 17:37
Wow! Awesome guys! Thank you so much for taking on this project. I actually didn't realize until spending some time browsing the forums this weekend that there are a lot of airtanker fans here. :salute: That F7F project btw looks awesome. Thank you again so much!

BillgjCook
June 22nd, 2010, 11:03
Here is a ruff boddy WIP shot, still lots of work to do.

Cag40Navy
June 23rd, 2010, 13:28
Awsome work so far!

stealthshadow1
June 23rd, 2010, 15:02

Woohoo! :jump: I actually saw a P-2V7 fly on a fire yesterday, so it's made me think of this thread even more. The WIP shot is like frosting on the cake!

Cag40Navy
June 24th, 2010, 10:26
Woohoo! :jump: I actually saw a P-2V7 fly on a fire yesterday, so it's made me think of this thread even more. The WIP shot is like frosting on the cake!
Neptune aviation have a lot on contract because of this seasons possible horrible outcome.

But anyways, Still keep looking back out that WIP.

BillgjCook
June 28th, 2010, 05:51
Little bits at a time.
It's sometimes hard to balance all that needs to be done in the day and find time to fit in your hobbys.:frown:

stealthshadow1
June 28th, 2010, 06:46
She's looking great! :D

BillgjCook
June 29th, 2010, 09:48
More progress shots.

stealthshadow1
June 30th, 2010, 10:47
More progress shots.

Awesome! Its looking like an SP-2H!!!! :jump: I miss those bright colored Aero Union SP-2H's...

Cag40Navy
June 30th, 2010, 21:23
Awsom work bill!

BillgjCook
July 1st, 2010, 10:57
Little bits at a time.
No smoothing added yet untail all detales are cut out. I am working on the Nellas at the moment geting everything shaped and cut out. Still need to refine the two windows at the front as they are not shaped right.

Cag40Navy
July 1st, 2010, 12:26
Little bits at a time.
No smoothing added yet untail all detales are cut out. I am working on the Nellas at the moment geting everything shaped and cut out. Still need to refine the two windows at the front as they are not shaped right.
I know its a little early but dont forget the jet engine pods under the wing for this model. Awsome work too.

stealthshadow1
July 1st, 2010, 12:40
I know its a little early but dont forget the jet engine pods under the wing for this model.

...and the "stinger" tail delete please. That is if he's working on the P-2V7 and not the SP-2H :)

Cag40Navy
July 1st, 2010, 21:53
Sorry bill, my mistake!

Cag40Navy
July 9th, 2010, 12:04
Hows the P-2's coming?

BillgjCook
July 11th, 2010, 13:08
I know its a little early but dont forget the jet engine pods under the wing for this model. Awsome work too.

...and the "stinger" tail delete please. That is if he's working on the P-2V7 and not the SP-2H :)

I plan on building all models, but soon as I get most of the main parts built. Its a little slower than I would like as Home projects are geting in the way of my progress but I almost have the engins complete amd am working on the wings now and will also work on the jet pods. I will keep posting WIP pics as more gets done.

Cag40Navy
July 12th, 2010, 10:25
Look forward to it Bill!

SADT
July 12th, 2010, 21:14
Hi Bill,

Do you think you could keep the stinger tail and also do a P-2V Neptune while your at it. It looks easy to convert (But I know it never is) so please......:wavey:

Cag40Navy
July 13th, 2010, 04:33
Hi Bill,

Do you think you could keep the stinger tail and also do a P-2V Neptune while your at it. It looks easy to convert (But I know it never is) so please......:wavey:
Hes doing all the fire fighting variants of the P-2....

BillgjCook
July 15th, 2010, 07:20
127481274612747Starting to look like a plane now.
Is anyone willing to do the flight model, I don't do so well in that area.

Cag40Navy
July 15th, 2010, 09:38
127481274612747Starting to look like a plane now.
Is anyone willing to do the flight model, I don't do so well in that area.
Awsome work Bill! Ill look for FDE help.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

stealthshadow1
July 15th, 2010, 10:53
Oh my gosh! Awesome!:jump:

airattackimages
July 19th, 2010, 06:04
I'm so pumped... thanks a million for doing this!

Sascha66
July 19th, 2010, 06:27
Pease tell me this will be for FS9!:jump:

stealthshadow1
July 19th, 2010, 09:57
Pease tell me this will be for FS9!:jump:

I'm hoping it's both FS9 and FSX. :D Since the FS9 version I had made repaints for was originally for 2002 those many years ago. This is what gave me the idea to ask for one for FSX

BillgjCook
July 19th, 2010, 10:45
I hope not to disapoint but I only have FSX, but I will provide raw gmax files for FS9.

Milton Shupe
July 19th, 2010, 16:27
Great progress sir :)

You might contact Sundog to see if he is interested in doing the FM. He volunteered for the F7F project (and I hated to turn him down) but fliger747 usually does my FM work.

Regarding the retardant drop,thunder100 is doing the F7F tanker effects. If he is willing, I do not mind him sharing that with your project.

Keep up the great work.

BillgjCook
July 20th, 2010, 08:22
Great progress sir :)

You might contact Sundog to see if he is interested in doing the FM. He volunteered for the F7F project (and I hated to turn him down) but fliger747 usually does my FM work.

Regarding the retardant drop,thunder100 is doing the F7F tanker effects. If he is willing, I do not mind him sharing that with your project.

Keep up the great work.

Thank you Milton, that sounds good I will do just that.
Can't wait for the F7f when it is done. Job well done on that.

Aviator992
July 20th, 2010, 16:32
I hope not to disapoint but I only have FSX, but I will provide raw gmax files for FS9.
FSX is H O R R I B L E !! My friend and I do flight dynamics, but we are strictly FS9. I was waaaaay stoked about this P2 being released, but now that enthusiasm is gone... Are you planning on doing a VC? Also, theres already retardant effects for FS9, and the retardant actually stays on the ground, its pretty cool stuff.

airattackimages
July 20th, 2010, 16:39
We have that same retardant already in FSX. Don't worry, I'm still enthusiastic.

BillgjCook
July 21st, 2010, 09:06
FSX is H O R R I B L E !! My friend and I do flight dynamics, but we are strictly FS9. I was waaaaay stoked about this P2 being released, but now that enthusiasm is gone... Are you planning on doing a VC? Also, theres already retardant effects for FS9, and the retardant actually stays on the ground, its pretty cool stuff.

Sorry to be a downer for all those who use FS9 but I will give anyone the Gmax file to make the FS9 models if they would like, as soon as I get all the different models complete. And yes on the VC as I think that it adds a sense of realism to flying in FS.

stealthshadow1
July 21st, 2010, 10:23
We have that same retardant already in FSX. Don't worry, I'm still enthusiastic.

As am I! I can't wait for this series of P-2's! FSX is perfect for aerial firefighting since you can see each other's effects. Especially with that retardant effect we have. We can build on each other's drops. Or even see smoke from a "show me" run from air attack. FSX is by far the best platform for realism.

Cag40Navy
July 23rd, 2010, 21:35
Ok, i know that i am not a mod but i am going to ask to please keep this thread on topic and about the models.

SADT
July 24th, 2010, 00:29
Are you also doing military variants? Perhaps later?

BillgjCook
July 26th, 2010, 06:29
Are you also doing military variants? Perhaps later?

No, just doing Fire Bombers.

BillgjCook
July 31st, 2010, 09:33
Here's a little more progress.14124

Cag40Navy
July 31st, 2010, 10:30
Isnt the one with the short, stubby end of the fuselage have jets? And great work BJ, cant wait to get these things going!

stealthshadow1
July 31st, 2010, 18:25
Isnt the one with the short, stubby end of the fuselage have jets? And great work BJ, cant wait to get these things going!

It is actually...the stinger tail is only on the SP-2H, actually Minden Air operates an SP-2H with jets as I understand it. The P-2V5 and 7's that Neptune Aviation uses have the "nub" tail.

Great work btw!

Cag40Navy
July 31st, 2010, 18:36
It is actually...the stinger tail is only on the SP-2H, actually Minden Air operates an SP-2H with jets as I understand it. The P-2V5 and 7's that Neptune Aviation uses have the "nub" tail.

Great work btw!
So there is a non jet and jet variants of the stinger tail? Sweet, hope he does both as well as the nub jet and non jet variants.

stealthshadow1
July 31st, 2010, 19:35
So there is a non jet and jet variants of the stinger tail? Sweet, hope he does both as well as the nub jet and non jet variants.

Yeah, it's kind of confusing to remember the varients sometimes. The jet version SP-2H Minden uses is Tanker 48. SP-2H's usually dont have jets and only 3 props. P-2V5 and 7's have jets and 4 props.

http://www.air-and-space.com/20031026%20Fox/2%2011%20P-2%20N4692A%20Tanker%2048%20l.jpg

BillgjCook
August 1st, 2010, 13:45
14284142851428614283Some of the diferent models

Cag40Navy
August 1st, 2010, 19:44
Yay! Looking forward to this one! :wiggle: :mixedsmi:

airattackimages
August 2nd, 2010, 06:18
SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wiggle:

stealthshadow1
August 2nd, 2010, 09:37
So Awesome!

I stand corrected about the SP-2H's having 3 props though. It was brought to my attention that Aero Union's SP-2H's did in fact have 4 props. It's been a long time since I've seen one in person.

Cag40Navy
August 8th, 2010, 10:44
Any new updates?

BillgjCook
August 12th, 2010, 08:36
Nothing new, My job has been keeping me from progresing on this project, but I will be getting some time to work some more on it. Sorry it is taking so long, that darn fore letter word (WORK) gets in the way sometimes.

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Sundog? I would like to see if he is willing to help with the Flight Modeling.
Thank you all for your help and suport.

Any new updates?

Cag40Navy
August 12th, 2010, 15:46
I got a contact, ill see if they might be interested. Would be possible to do a blunt tail with no jet engine pod?

BillgjCook
August 13th, 2010, 18:49
I got a contact, ill see if they might be interested. Would be possible to do a blunt tail with no jet engine pod?

That sounds good thank you. Yes I can as I would just use one of the models that I have done and delete the jet pods.

Cag40Navy
August 13th, 2010, 19:36
That sounds good thank you. Yes I can as I would just use one of the models that I have done and delete the jet pods.
Dont worry, when i have more info on a yes no awnser, ill let you know. Thanks, now there are 5 models! Thanks.

BillgjCook
August 21st, 2010, 19:41
I have a totle of 7 diferent models, I am working on detals and geting more photos to help in the building of all the models. I still need to build the gear and outside cockpit detales, Then I will work on the VC for them.

stealthshadow1
August 23rd, 2010, 17:54
I have a totle of 7 diferent models, I am working on detals and geting more photos to help in the building of all the models. I still need to build the gear and outside cockpit detales, Then I will work on the VC for them.

Wow! 7?! Awesome! :jump:

airattackimages
August 30th, 2010, 12:23
Any news Bill? Chomping at the bit over here... :wiggle:

airattackimages
August 31st, 2010, 00:22
Some of my shots taken this afternoon to put some mental images to the soon to be newest flight sim tanker on the block. :wiggle:

Cag40Navy
September 2nd, 2010, 19:45
Sweet beans!

BillgjCook
September 3rd, 2010, 14:09
Sorry for not replying sooner as I have been house setting for some frends and I have not hade much time to work on the models. But as soon as they get back I will get back on them asap.

airattackimages
September 7th, 2010, 06:18
We've got a guy we asked thats interested in doing the paints when the model is ready for that. He does pretty nice work.

BillgjCook
September 7th, 2010, 11:49
We've got a guy we asked thats interested in doing the paints when the model is ready for that. He does pretty nice work.

Ok that sounds good I will be back home on at the end of the week and I will be geting on with the final outside detales, then I will work on the VC.

Thank you

warchild
September 11th, 2010, 17:04
who have you got lined up to make it fly??? if no one, i just might be interested in helping out if you'd have me..

airattackimages
September 11th, 2010, 17:18
Awesome! Can't wait for this thing!

tankerguy72
September 12th, 2010, 14:56
Hey im the guy interested in doing the Textures. I cant wait to start on it, ive been wanting a great Neptune for my Firebomber Fleet

BillgjCook
September 13th, 2010, 11:44
who have you got lined up to make it fly??? if no one, i just might be interested in helping out if you'd have me..

Hey im the guy interested in doing the Textures. I cant wait to start on it, ive been wanting a great Neptune for my Firebomber Fleet

Well I can use all the help I can get and if both of you are onbord then I will be geting thing moving even faster, I am still working on the gear and some detales so when I get those done I will get the models packaged for both of you. Thank you for stepping up and helping get these models done. Now with the textures, I don't know how to make supper detaled textures or how to do Lite unrap to make the textures raparound the parts. I can do Bump maps with gray scales bmps. For the flight modeling I will get you the g-max files so you can tweek as needed.
Thank you x One Million.

warchild
September 13th, 2010, 20:13
Count me in.. I'll get started n the research for her.. :)

tankerguy72
September 14th, 2010, 01:36
i havent done textures starting from scratch but im sure if i know where the parts are laid out i can figure it out! we will see

warchild
September 14th, 2010, 08:49
Well, once they've got the UV map unwrapped, it should only be a matter if building up the layers for each dds image.
:) i have faith in us :)..

warchild
September 14th, 2010, 08:53
If you folks want, i'll speak with Dangerous Dave and see if he'll create a teamspeak channel for us. That would allow us the ability to converse, ,eet, and work more closely and collaboratively on the plane over all.. It will also give us a central file server for the development team where we can upload completed files for the other team members to download as the plane moves through its different phases..

airattackimages
September 15th, 2010, 05:56
Speaking only as an eager end user, and not a contributing member to the project I'd just like to say... nice to have you aboard Warchild! :jump:

stealthshadow1
September 15th, 2010, 08:44
:jump: :applause: Yay! Thanks guys, thank you so much! I don't know if I can express as much through words as what I actually feel, that my favorite air tanker may finally have digital wings to fly in flight sim! Woohoo!

BillgjCook
September 16th, 2010, 12:27
If you folks want, i'll speak with Dangerous Dave and see if he'll create a teamspeak channel for us. That would allow us the ability to converse, ,eet, and work more closely and collaboratively on the plane over all.. It will also give us a central file server for the development team where we can upload completed files for the other team members to download as the plane moves through its different phases..

That sounds good, I don't have any way to do teamspeak at this point and I am only able to do little bits of work at a time as my Wife and job take up most of my day.

I am progressing on the landing gear and geting all the parts named so that I can get the pivet points in the right location and get things animated. Sorry for the slow go but I am making progress.

warchild
September 17th, 2010, 19:02
Message to dave sent.. :) .. he's more than happy to set up the channel and file repository.
The file repository is easy. its all drag and drop for uploading and double clicking for downloading..
I spoke with Cag Bill, and he's happy to act as an interlocutor and upload files from the browser to you and vice versa while your unable to log on..

Major storm approaching and half the city lost its lights for a moment so gonn get off the puter for now.. see you mannana :) :) ..

warchild
September 17th, 2010, 19:03
:jump: :applause: Yay! Thanks guys, thank you so much! I don't know if I can express as much through words as what I actually feel, that my favorite air tanker may finally have digital wings to fly in flight sim! Woohoo!

:) we'll make your dream come true. I promise it on my name and word :).
Pam

warchild
September 18th, 2010, 02:13
Ok Guys.. TS chat and file browser has been set up. I'll PM each of the team with the password tomorrow ( its a might early in the morning and my eyes and brain are at half mast ). i feel we've got a good start to the production line framework, and a good beginning team.. Bill, if you need, I can also work as project coordinator, and keep everything moving at a steady ( though casual ) pace ( provided you folks dont mind telling me to slow down every now and then and to not get so excited ). I admit, i dont have an enourmous resume' as project coordinator, but i'll do my best :).
I try to be on teamspeak every day as the core group for the P-61 meets there as well, and i can bounce back and forth between channels easily..
:) lets go build us an aeroplane :)
Pam

PS.. I'll set up the project tracker later on here on SOH. This early in the game though it would just be taking up space. I'd like to recommend waiting till we have a basic model and UV map ( with or without VC ) to set that up as the tracker is mostly set up around bug reporting and problem resolution.. Admittedly though, i still have a bit to learn about using it and it may be capable of much more..

BillgjCook
September 18th, 2010, 08:43
That sounds good Warchild.
Got some pix of the progress will have more later. I am having some problems finding good pix of the nose gear and it's working parts. If anyone could find some good photo.

BillgjCook
September 18th, 2010, 08:45
Here is the others.

warchild
September 18th, 2010, 10:57
Those look great Bill.. If you can compile that model sometime this week and get it to me, i'll get started on the flight model properly. No worries about panels or animations.. i dont need them at this stage.. right now, i'm more concerned with getting it off the ground and staying there without crashing :)..
Pam

warchild
September 18th, 2010, 11:14
Speaking only as an eager end user, and not a contributing member to the project I'd just like to say... nice to have you aboard Warchild! :jump:

heh.. you dont get off the hook that easily.. I've got a job for you if you'll take it.. The way i sees it, you watch these guys fly and photograph em all the time.. who better to purposely break my work, and point out the inaccuracies and weak points?? would love to have you testing the FM if your open to it..

warchild
September 18th, 2010, 11:16
Tsnkerguy.. i tried to PM you but you have PM's turned off. can you PM me and I'll give you the password to the TS channel and file browser..

airattackimages
September 18th, 2010, 12:01
I'd love to! :salute:

tankerguy72
September 19th, 2010, 00:44
Great work Bill shes coming together nicely! Sorry warchild i changed it now! :salute:

warchild
September 19th, 2010, 13:42
Got it :) .. check your Pms :)

Cag40Navy
September 19th, 2010, 21:06
I got my P-2V rating with Aero Union so i am with Pam to beta the aircraft.

warchild
September 19th, 2010, 21:47
Fannntastic Cag.. congratulations.. party if you can. you deserve it ;)..

Aviator992
September 21st, 2010, 16:48
This project looks awesome! Can't wait until its completed. I can also help Warchild/AirAttackImages as well with the flight dynamics if needed, its my thing :D. I may be able to get some P2 aircraft manuals which would get us the best FDE possible for this aircraft!

I watch these bad boys every summer, but i'm more of a P3 fan myself :)

warchild
September 22nd, 2010, 01:19
Ok, obviously i want to keep the energy high and fun here,.. In the light of that, i was just googling to see of anyone had ever used a C-119 in the forestry service. Obviously, i love my fork tailed devils :).. well,, when i saw this http://www.rvcfire.org/opencms/photos/Firefightingaircraft.html I was exstatic.. Now i'm wondering if anyone would do us the honor of developing the Ryan air attack base scenery to use..
Hope you all enjoy the trip through History.. The B-17 really surprised me..

tankerguy72
September 22nd, 2010, 01:52
Thats my home base right there!!!! Love that place! I would be estatic if anyone decided to do Ryan AAB for FSX:jump::wiggle: and actually i know someone who used to fly the boxcars out of Hemet with the Hemet Valley Flying Service!

warchild
September 22nd, 2010, 12:47
Since i'm at a bit of a lill in the P-61 development as i somehow got ahead of everyone else, i took some time last night to check out the state of Fire Control in FSX. It's pretty sad.
There are no useable P-2's available. What there is has a growth on its chin and flys terribly.
There's a P-3 made by Alpha. It works, but the panel looks dated and the flight model though ok, is nowhere near my standards..
Theres piglets OV-10's. Sadly they all have rockets attached.
Theres a P-16 for FS9. Its cockpit is part see through, where it shouldnt be, and the gauges are "all" out of date and dont work.
Theres another FS9 S-2 which is the most god awful color of blue i've ever seen.. Havent flown it..
Theres a pretty decent C-119.. Otiginally for FS9 but works fine in fsx.
There,s B-17's and I think theres a B-24, and I know theres a wonderful DC-10 out there from CLS.
There WILL be a P-61B model, and i know they were used too.
There's all kinds of choppers available
i didnt see any DC-4's
Theres the CS C-130 and Hemet is being lengthened to 4000 feet for them ( IRL)

Pretty much the state of AirAttack in FSX Is pretty grim, and it surprises me. There's a perfect opportunity here for a whole genre of playability that bridges the gap between game and simulation, and could be a lot of fun, as well as being very demanding that hasnt been exploited at all.. Just needs someone with a vision and a few organizational skills..

tankerguy72
September 22nd, 2010, 13:02
Hey Pam check out our Site http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Simulated-Air-Tanker-Operations/102869916442186 we have some good stuff on here

warchild
September 22nd, 2010, 13:14
I like that :) .. Thanks Tanker.. i somehow "knew" aero unions planes werent puke blue..
Want me to do a repaint on the boxcar???? Anyone interested??

tankerguy72
September 22nd, 2010, 13:30
That would be cool maybe a retardant stain on the belly

warchild
September 22nd, 2010, 13:51
Needs a reral artist for that.. the C-119 is fs9 and theres no paintkit.. leaves finger painters like me with little to work with, but i'll do my best :)..

airattackimages
September 22nd, 2010, 16:40
I love the way you think Pam, you think like us!

Behind the P-2, I have desperately wanted to see a PB4Y Privateer airtanker (all it needs is to be 'demilitarized' and not be bristling with guns).

By the way, 3 of us in this thread are all Hemet-Ryan locals. We all practically grew up at the base, which is how we met and share the same interests! So yeah, we'd love to see a base scenery. :ernae:

Cag40Navy
September 22nd, 2010, 17:25
I love the way you think Pam, you think like us!

Behind the P-2, I have desperately wanted to see a PB4Y Privateer airtanker (all it needs is to be 'demilitarized' and not be bristling with guns).

By the way, 3 of us in this thread are all Hemet-Ryan locals. We all practically grew up at the base, which is how we met and share the same interests! So yeah, we'd love to see a base scenery. :ernae:
Hey, i am going to be stationed there next fire season! I look forward to it now!

Aviator992
September 22nd, 2010, 19:17
Hey, i am going to be stationed there next fire season! I look forward to it now!
Are you a tanker pilot?

Since i'm at a bit of a lill in the P-61 development as i somehow got ahead of everyone else, i took some time last night to check out the state of Fire Control in FSX. It's pretty sad.
There's a P-3 made by Alpha. It works, but the panel looks dated and the flight model though ok, is nowhere near my standards..
The Team FSKBT P3 also works in FSX as far as I know.

Aviator992
September 22nd, 2010, 19:19
Also, I made a website about 3 years ago for this kind of flying, http://vata.vndv.com . Right now its an abandoned project as I dont know how to code PHP with databases. If someone knows how to do that, we could really be getting somewhere for virtual tanker pilots like us!

warchild
September 22nd, 2010, 19:50
Welllllll, it isnt much, and it aunt perfect, bit thought id post these

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-9-22_20-32-32-679.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-9-22_20-36-17-346.jpg

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k171/urushira/2010-9-22_20-36-46-968.jpg

warchild
September 22nd, 2010, 23:08
Also, I made a website about 3 years ago for this kind of flying, http://vata.vndv.com . Right now its an abandoned project as I dont know how to code PHP with databases. If someone knows how to do that, we could really be getting somewhere for virtual tanker pilots like us!

You could always use a base portal CMS ( Like php nuke )and then mod its content so that for flight ops it links to flight system software offering..

tankerguy72
September 23rd, 2010, 00:17
Great job Pam that was quick work!
I did a texture for a C119 maybe a year ago off a picture. Here it is
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/TankertownUSA/C119.jpg

warchild
September 23rd, 2010, 00:53
:::LOL:; I think i like yours better :).. Is That Daisuke's Plane??

tankerguy72
September 23rd, 2010, 01:43
Haha Thanks!:salute: Its the model by Mike Stone

warchild
September 23rd, 2010, 02:30
Ok, so we got the two main ones covered. Mikes Stones and Daisuke Yamamoto's..
Mines gonna need a lot more work that i'm not very good at, so i'll put the PSD's in with the paint when i upload it..
Now to try and find a frikkin S-2 worth looking at..

sc7500
September 23rd, 2010, 07:11
...I don't know how to code PHP with databases. If someone knows how to do that...

Will something like this help, Av ? :salute:

http://www.nusphere.com/products/php_database.htm

Perhaps with some editing or modification... ?

SC
:kilroy:

warchild
September 23rd, 2010, 08:17
I was gonna recommend something Eririk and I used for ours which is at http://www.phpvms.net/. its complete, not too hard to maintain, customizable, and best of all, free..

Aviator992
September 23rd, 2010, 18:35
I dont know how to code PHP with databases. If someone knows how to do that, we could really be getting somewhere for virtual tanker pilots like us!

I guess what i'm trying to say is that if someone wants to take over the site and finally finish it, it would be great. I just dont think i'm up to doing coding anymore, i've got too many other things to do! Theres gotta be atleast one person here who loves tankers and has some extra time and wouldn't mind coding some PHP :D

Cag40Navy
September 23rd, 2010, 19:05
Are you a tanker pilot?

Yes sir.

warchild
September 23rd, 2010, 19:31
I guess what i'm trying to say is that if someone wants to take over the site and finally finish it, it would be great. I just dont think i'm up to doing coding anymore, i've got too many other things to do! Theres gotta be atleast one person here who loves tankers and has some extra time and wouldn't mind coding some PHP :D

If i could afford it, i'd be happy too.. I just dont have any money for hosting services any more.. And too, i'm not very good at creating scenarios so would need a manager to create them and work with the players to make it fun for them and keep their interest up..

tankerguy72
September 24th, 2010, 00:19
im wondering how that P-2V is coming along??:jump:

warchild
September 24th, 2010, 10:24
Well, from what i see in the photo's its looking fantastic. I think Bill has a very busy life though, so perhaps he's trying to get the planes to as a complete a condition as he can before he turns them loose on us. That was when we start in, we can focus on all the aspects of building them at the same time.. I havent confirmed that and its only speculation though so I could be incorrect.

BillgjCook
September 25th, 2010, 09:52
Well, from what i see in the photo's its looking fantastic. I think Bill has a very busy life though, so perhaps he's trying to get the planes to as a complete a condition as he can before he turns them loose on us. That was when we start in, we can focus on all the aspects of building them at the same time.. I havent confirmed that and its only speculation though so I could be incorrect.

You couldn't say it any better Warchild. I am trying to compleet the models before I turn them over so you guys don't have me hanging you up on the rest of the build. I am stuck on the center landing gear as I don't have any good photos of the working parts.This is what I have done so far.1982019821

tankerguy72
September 25th, 2010, 10:17
Great job! Looks great to me i have a couple shots if they help
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/TankertownUSA/DSC_0234-1.jpg
http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/TankertownUSA/DSC_0273-1.jpg

warchild
September 25th, 2010, 11:54
Comparing your model with the pics, I'd say you nailed it already :).. good job :)..

Cag40Navy
September 25th, 2010, 17:58
Bill, awsome job! Cant wait! And look forward to it!

BillgjCook
September 25th, 2010, 18:39
Thank you for the pix tankerguy72 they will help me placeing the parts.
I will post more as I get them done. Here is a few photos from the Reno Air Races last weekend.
This is me and Steven Hinton with Strega # 7.

BillgjCook
September 25th, 2010, 18:45
And a few more.

Slund
September 25th, 2010, 18:59
Wow, I can't believe I missed this thread. :icon_lol: You guys are doing some great work, can't wait to see/fly this aircraft. If there's anything I can do to help out let me know.

tankerguy72
September 26th, 2010, 00:54
No problem if you need more i have a pretty good walk around set and cockpit area of a P2V from Neptune Aviation :salute:

airattackimages
September 28th, 2010, 11:00
Great job Bill on the gear, and without the aid of pics! And great job Jeremy for getting the detailed pictures.

warchild
October 1st, 2010, 11:32
Ok guys.. lets not let this thread get lost in the abyss of old threads.. Lets keep the energy up.. Looking forward to this puppy.. :) ..

BillgjCook
October 2nd, 2010, 19:36
Got the nose gear done now working on the L and R gear. Will put a pick or two up when done.

tankerguy72
October 2nd, 2010, 22:33
heres some pics if you need them

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/TankertownUSA/DSC_0251.jpg

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/TankertownUSA/DSC_0244.jpg

warchild
October 3rd, 2010, 07:39
UUUHGG.. Ugly .. Dont that guy know how to wash a tire??? :::LOL:::..

BillgjCook
October 7th, 2010, 22:03
Trying to make the push to get this thing done on my side.

warchild
October 8th, 2010, 16:55
your doing fine Bill.. I certainly aint goin nowhere on ya ;).. gears lookin real good..

Cag40Navy
October 8th, 2010, 18:32
Looking good Bill! Keep up to good work!

airattackimages
October 9th, 2010, 05:23
Looks great! Thanks Bill!

Pam, sorry I haven't gotten on TS yet. Doing so many baby preparations lately (painting the baby's room today) my head is spinning. :mixedsmi:

BillgjCook
October 11th, 2010, 12:19
Got all the landing gear done and I am trying to rap it up.

tankerguy72
October 11th, 2010, 13:04
WOW looks great bill hats off to you:salute: cant wait to fly it :jump:

Aviator992
October 11th, 2010, 16:23
Bill, the attention to detail is great! This will be awesome once its finished.

stealthshadow1
October 12th, 2010, 08:38
Woohoo! She's looking great!! I can't wait to fly it! Great work!:salute: :jump:

warchild
October 14th, 2010, 18:33
Looks great! Thanks Bill!

Pam, sorry I haven't gotten on TS yet. Doing so many baby preparations lately (painting the baby's room today) my head is spinning. :mixedsmi:
No worries.. its been a bit scattered and hectic around my house as well.. :) will catch when we can :)

airattackimages
October 15th, 2010, 05:14
Thanks Pam! I'm still not done painting yet... the wife wants stripes on the walls! :salute:

Bill, great work! Getting really excited to see her fly soon!

BillgjCook
October 22nd, 2010, 09:07
Here's a update pic.21854

airattackimages
October 22nd, 2010, 17:41
Ooooh :jump:

Awesome job Bill!!!

tankerguy72
October 23rd, 2010, 13:21
i want it! i want it! :jump: Its looking GREAT!

stealthshadow1
October 25th, 2010, 09:22
Woohoo! I can almost hear those twin Wright R-3350's droaning:jump::applause:!

warchild
October 28th, 2010, 10:47
Soon as Bill is ready i'm ready to go.. Got my rulers calculators and printouts all ready and my pencils sharpened.. :)

BillgjCook
November 1st, 2010, 09:30
Supper close now just linking things together. My internet is so slow right now due to adding a landline so I am waiting to upload anything right now. It took 3 min to load SOH so I have a problem with something. Think you for helping and being patient, so I can make the best model thet I know how.

Cag40Navy
November 2nd, 2010, 03:40
Good to hear Bill! Hope you can solve the problem!

BillgjCook
November 10th, 2010, 12:18
Hi all sorry for the down time. My internet is working better and faster now. I have a model ready for warchild to start his flight modeling. It comes with the g-max file for any tweeking and a model already compiled with all folders. How would you like me to upload it?

tankerguy72
November 10th, 2010, 12:26
Great news Bill! :wiggle: if you have one ready i can see what i can do about some textures for it! :jump:

Cag40Navy
November 10th, 2010, 17:51
Hi all sorry for the down time. My internet is working better and faster now. I have a model ready for warchild to start his flight modeling. It comes with the g-max file for any tweeking and a model already compiled with all folders. How would you like me to upload it?
I hate to correct you Bill but warchild is a She. Just thought i might point that out. Look forward to beta-ing the aircraft!

BillgjCook
November 10th, 2010, 22:26
I hate to correct you Bill but warchild is a She. Just thought i might point that out. Look forward to beta-ing the aircraft!

I do stand corrected and am very sorry. I have not done any texter mapping yet, I was not shure if you wounted to do the mapping yourself or if you wount me to.

tankerguy72
November 10th, 2010, 23:45
yeah i dont have any experience with texture mapping so might be good if you did it

airattackimages
November 11th, 2010, 05:54
Awesome news Bill! We know Warchild is going to do a great job, and I'm willing to help where I can!

BillgjCook
November 11th, 2010, 09:34
yeah i dont have any experience with texture mapping so might be good if you did it

Thats ok, I don't do to good myself as I tend to make things more difficult then they need to be. I will do my best.

Awesome news Bill! We know Warchild is going to do a great job, and I'm willing to help where I can!

Hi airattackimages, thank you for your offer. I will need all the help I can get. What is your expertise's?

Cag40Navy
November 11th, 2010, 16:03
I would say that if you could map it Bill, thats would be awesome!

N2056
November 11th, 2010, 16:45
I have developed a texturing method that works well for me. It's probably not the best as there are many ways to skin this cat, but you will get good results. If you are interested I would be happy to try to show you how I go about the task. Here are some of the templates I have created for the SOH P-61...

23414 23415 23416

BillgjCook
November 12th, 2010, 10:13
I have developed a texturing method that works well for me. It's probably not the best as there are many ways to skin this cat, but you will get good results. If you are interested I would be happy to try to show you how I go about the task. Here are some of the templates I have created for the SOH P-61...

23414 23415 23416

I would be happy if you would show me how you do your templates and skinning.

airattackimages
November 13th, 2010, 04:56
Unfortunately my expertise is absolutely nothing that pertains to the model... due to my 25 years of observation of tankers, I offered to help with the FDE simply to verify flight characteristics and capabilities used in aerial firefighting.

BillgjCook
November 13th, 2010, 08:15
Unfortunately my expertise is absolutely nothing that pertains to the model... due to my 25 years of observation of tankers, I offered to help with the FDE simply to verify flight characteristics and capabilities used in aerial firefighting.

You can denfently be a bata tester, that will help alot thank you.

tankerguy72
November 18th, 2010, 12:59
:jump:hows the progress coming??? cant wait to have it :wiggle:

stealthshadow1
December 21st, 2010, 15:02
I know it's around the holidays and everyone is busy, but I was wondering if there was any other progress information available (if any)?

Cag40Navy
January 1st, 2011, 15:43
Any progress?

BillgjCook
January 8th, 2011, 15:56
I have a model ready for flight modeling, as soon as we get that done then I will get all the models ready for textures then I will work on the VC.

Cag40Navy
January 8th, 2011, 16:20
I have a model ready for flight modeling, as soon as we get that done then I will get all the models ready for textures then I will work on the VC.
You should still keep preparing the textures and the VC while the FDE is being done. makes things way quicker. Ill let Pam know. Thanks for doing these again!

BillgjCook
January 9th, 2011, 14:27
You should still keep preparing the textures and the VC while the FDE is being done. makes things way quicker. Ill let Pam know. Thanks for doing these again!

I am still wating on warchild to get back to me so I can give her the model to do the flight modeling, as I know she is working hard on the P-61 project to finish it up. I have a zip file ready and waitng not sure what site or how I should upload the file?

airattackimages
January 10th, 2011, 13:45
I had been MIA for a while, and had lost my password (and email) here so I wasn't able to sign in. My apologies to Pam for not helping like I had volunteered. I'm still willing to help and am excited about this tanker!

warchild
January 10th, 2011, 15:12
No apologies needed :).. I sent Bill a PM lastnight and hope to get the model soon... On a related note however, my bills for this month outweigh my income, and i may lose my power sometime in the next few days. I'm doing what i can to avoid that ( as its freezing outside here ) but nothing is gauranteed.. Bear with me. Worst comes to worst, i'll be back in February. :)..

No Dice
January 11th, 2011, 14:10
No apologies needed :).. I sent Bill a PM lastnight and hope to get the model soon... On a related note however, my bills for this month outweigh my income, and i may lose my power sometime in the next few days. I'm doing what i can to avoid that ( as its freezing outside here ) but nothing is gauranteed.. Bear with me. Worst comes to worst, i'll be back in February. :)..

Warchild, Please tell me you were joking about losing your power.

Dave www.thefreeflightsite.com (http://www.thefreeflightsite.com)

BillgjCook
January 18th, 2011, 22:55
A little update of the plane in the FSX28862
temp texture.

airattackimages
January 21st, 2011, 07:29
Lookin great! Now if only I could figure out how to get back on TS

BillgjCook
January 27th, 2011, 10:09
I started to apply textures. I will work with one model first and workout any bugs that I find and then get the rest of them done, sorry it's taking so long but with work and home life I find it hard to work on this project. So bare with me and I will try to bring you all a good set of models.
Thank you for your patience.
Bill29596

airattackimages
February 17th, 2011, 05:53
Looks good... any news?

BillgjCook
February 19th, 2011, 08:20
I am working on the mapping right now and will move on to doing the VC next.
Been a little out of it from the flu so I will get back to work on mapping and put up some more progress Pix.

airattackimages
February 21st, 2011, 05:25
I am working on the mapping right now and will move on to doing the VC next.
Been a little out of it from the flu so I will get back to work on mapping and put up some more progress Pix.
Definitely understand that... I'm sick right now. Thanks for the update!

warchild
February 21st, 2011, 16:01
Definitely understand that... I'm sick right now. Thanks for the update!

That makes two of us.. Have had tyhe flu for two weeks now and still kinda out of it.. Work on the P-61 has lightened up for me, but i have two other planes to start on this week, so i should be able to get some work done on this as well.. I had started on an fde, but the things i've learned woring on the p-61 have made me decide to start fresh with it as i can get far more accurate now than i could before..
stay tuned..
Pam

BillgjCook
February 22nd, 2011, 23:49
That makes two of us.. Have had tyhe flu for two weeks now and still kinda out of it.. Work on the P-61 has lightened up for me, but i have two other planes to start on this week, so i should be able to get some work done on this as well.. I had started on an fde, but the things i've learned woring on the p-61 have made me decide to start fresh with it as i can get far more accurate now than i could before..
stay tuned..
Pam

Thought I was done being sick but now I have a head cold:frown:
That sounds good Pam, I am not making as good of progress as I would like, I will get the maping done and work on the VC. I am going to use the same VC for all the models as there is lots of them.

hawkeye52
February 23rd, 2011, 20:00
I have stumbled across this thread and MUST make a correction.

There is no such bird as a P-2V7.

The pre-McNamara* designation was P2V-7
P = Patrol
2 = the 2nd patrol plane by Lockheed
V = Lockheed
7 = the 7th variation of the P2V

After McNamara* screwed things up, the designation became P-2H
The changes took place in late 1962.
-------------------------------------
*Look him up

DISCLAIMER: I did not read the 12 pages of this thread, so if someone has already made the correction, I applaud them. If you want to yell at me, I can be found at the FS2002/2004 Forum.
- Hawkeye52

Cag40Navy
February 24th, 2011, 16:43
I have stumbled across this thread and MUST make a correction.

There is no such bird as a P-2V7.

The pre-McNamara* designation was P2V-7
P = Patrol
2 = the 2nd patrol plane by Lockheed
V = Lockheed
7 = the 7th variation of the P2V

After McNamara* screwed things up, the designation became P-2H
The changes took place in late 1962.
-------------------------------------
*Look him up

DISCLAIMER: I did not read the 12 pages of this thread, so if someone has already made the correction, I applaud them. If you want to yell at me, I can be found at the FS2002/2004 Forum.
- Hawkeye52
Thanks for that little tid bit of history. But it was only a few postions away :D . Non the less, i didnt think it was McNamara that made that change.

hawkeye52
February 24th, 2011, 17:41
The way I heard the story from the BuWeps rep at Grumman, during a discussion about the TFX, the Navy called it by one designation and the USAF by another. When McNamara finally realized they were talking about the same aircraft, he got all wrapped up in his shorts and decreed there should be a single, "uniform" numbering system.

Now this may all be scuttlebutt, but you know McNamara was the initiator of systems analysis in the military and forced "commonality" upon the Services. BTW, the TFX eventually became the F-111, not exactly the USAF's most successful a/c. Despite great pressure from McNamara's Pentagon, The Navy was able to bail out of the F-111B, a true pig along the lines of the Brewster Buffalo and the Douglas Devastator.

- H52

stealthshadow1
March 2nd, 2011, 13:25
I can't wait for this to be done it's looking awesome!!!

BillgjCook
March 3rd, 2011, 12:30
WIP shot32642

airattackimages
March 4th, 2011, 05:00
Very cool Bill!!!!!!!!!!!!

BillgjCook
March 10th, 2011, 11:06
WIP 33000 textures are comming around. Very solw prosess of mapping.

BillgjCook
March 14th, 2011, 10:39
33213 Getting most of the textures on the exteriour done just some detale texturing to do and the exteriour is done. then on to the VC. I am useing temp flight model to check progress on my texturing and to find any flaws in the model, witing for Warchild to get time to do a flight model for it as she is working hard on the p-61 model. As soon as I get the textures done I will pack them up for panel lining and doing bump mapping. I will then get the other models textured and all the animations done. Any one good at doing panel lines, I'm not the best as I do simple lines and don't do much detale.

airattackimages
March 14th, 2011, 14:11
She's a beauty so far! Keep her comin Bill, nice work!

tankerguy72
March 17th, 2011, 23:57
looking GREAT! cant wait for it!!

BillgjCook
March 22nd, 2011, 10:45
33725 I am getting there just trying to get better at textures, hope you all like it and hope I have not lost any of your suport on this project as it is taking so long. I just wount to put out a good model for all to enjoy.

Bill

Cag40Navy
March 22nd, 2011, 18:45
Your doing great! I am happy just to see these finally in FS. There just so much fun to fly!

stealthshadow1
March 23rd, 2011, 08:59
They look simply awesome! You are doing a great job! :D

airattackimages
April 2nd, 2011, 04:35
Drooling over here!

BillgjCook
April 4th, 2011, 12:08
Wip, Temp textures hope to have all 7 textured soon.

Cag40Navy
April 4th, 2011, 21:58
Getting better everyday!

airattackimages
April 5th, 2011, 05:50
I love you! :applause:

stealthshadow1
April 5th, 2011, 08:35
Woohoo!!!:jump:

BillgjCook
April 5th, 2011, 10:43
Thank you all for your suport.
Pam I have better textured model if you would like one to do the flight model with.

BillgjCook
April 14th, 2011, 12:24
Another model almost compleet35150
This will end up being Tanker 44

Cag40Navy
April 14th, 2011, 17:59
Droooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool! Awesome job!!!!

airattackimages
April 14th, 2011, 19:04
I can hardly contain myself :jump:

tankerguy72
April 17th, 2011, 11:44
Working on some photo texturing

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/vv194/TankertownUSA/01.jpg

stealthshadow1
April 17th, 2011, 15:02
That's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:applause:

airattackimages
April 17th, 2011, 16:36
Freakin A!!! That's what I'm talking about! Thanks to Bill and Jeremy for getting us to this point!

BillgjCook
April 21st, 2011, 12:14
Well as you all know now that warchild is retiring from doing flight modeling and will nolonger be doing a flight model for us.:frown: I wish her the best.

If anyone know of someone that could help in this area please see if they are willing to help if not then this project is dead in the water.

N2056
April 21st, 2011, 19:50
It's not "dead in the water". You have plenty of modeling work to do yet, and based on what I have seen so far you have the ability to learn as you go. I think one of two things will happen...you will find another person that can help, or you will take on the challenge and do it yourself. The knowledge is out there, and if you want it to happen you will find a way.

Stay on course. You're doing fine! :salute:

BillgjCook
April 21st, 2011, 22:00
It's not "dead in the water". You have plenty of modeling work to do yet, and based on what I have seen so far you have the ability to learn as you go. I think one of two things will happen...you will find another person that can help, or you will take on the challenge and do it yourself. The knowledge is out there, and if you want it to happen you will find a way.

Stay on course. You're doing fine! :salute:

That is the nicest thing that anyone could have said and thank you so much for your support, you are right I will find a way to get this set of models in the air even if I have to learn how do the flight models.

Thank You

Bill

airattackimages
April 29th, 2011, 05:46
Keep em coming Bill, we've got a couple members in the project that are going to be working the flight modelling. I'm dabbling in it myself at the moment, and another member that has some experience is working on them as well. Don't get discouraged, these are the best Neptune tanker models anywhere! Can't let them stall now! :running:

BillgjCook
April 29th, 2011, 08:23
Keep em coming Bill, we've got a couple members in the project that are going to be working the flight modelling. I'm dabbling in it myself at the moment, and another member that has some experience is working on them as well. Don't get discouraged, these are the best Neptune tanker models anywhere! Can't let them stall now! :running:

Not going to give up just having some computer problems at the momet, did a internet explorer update, norton update and vareious windows updates and now I can't get Photo Shop to work, I have been useing photo shop to setup my BMP textures so I can map the aircraft and now it is not working, will try to reinstall and see if that does anything:isadizzy:

Cag40Navy
April 30th, 2011, 07:51
We're still rooting for you!

BillgjCook
April 30th, 2011, 08:40
No worries we will get these birds flying, still working on the textures for tanker 44 model and will then get it mapped and sent to tankerguy72 for photo textures, he is doing a awesome job. If anyone needs a model to do flight modeling I have one that is done minus the cockpit details and VC. PM me with an email and I will send you a zip file.

Thank you for all you support and help. They will fly and fight fires.

Bill

BillgjCook
May 2nd, 2011, 08:09
Have good news, I have sent the Aero Union model to Airattackimages to do flight modeling and will be sending Stealthshadow the tanker 44 model when I get the textures applied for flight modeling. I will also be sending the tanker 44 to Tankerguy72 for photo textures:isadizzy:
Lots going on, that is a good thing. Moving ahead with these models:applause:

I am still having a problem geting Corel Paint Shop Pro Photo XI to work on my computer I have tryed to reinstall
many times and am not able to get it to start up, I will be doing a upgrade to a newer verison and hope that it will work.

Thank you all for your help and support.

Bill

BillgjCook
May 3rd, 2011, 14:05
Thanker 44 paint done (temp textures) now I will send it off to Tankerguy72 for some photo paint36834
and to Stealthshadow1 for flight modeling.

Cag40Navy
May 3rd, 2011, 18:50
Man, when this is done, i can finally do all the things i wanted to do to the PV7 in the real world i wanted to in FS! :icon_lol: :mixedsmi:

tankerguy72
May 4th, 2011, 12:48
Working on the textures already, heres what i have so far

Cag40Navy
May 4th, 2011, 14:00
If you mind me saying this but it seems the photo real textures look a bit blurry to me. have you ever considered using very hi res photos to put on the aircraft?

stealthshadow1
May 4th, 2011, 14:34

O M G ! !:jump::applause:

BillgjCook
May 4th, 2011, 15:09

If you mind me saying this but it seems the photo real textures look a bit blurry to me. have you ever considered using very hi res photos to put on the aircraft?

Wow Tankerguy72 that looks supper good, keep up the good work.

Cag40Navy it might have to do with the texture size that I am using(2048x2048) I can resize them to 1024x1024 and see if that helps.

Cag40Navy
May 4th, 2011, 20:12
Wow Tankerguy72 that looks supper good, keep up the good work.

Cag40Navy it might have to do with the texture size that I am using(2048x2048) I can resize them to 1024x1024 and see if that helps.
Its aight Bill, no need to put for you to do that. I can live with the textures. :) I am just happy to her done and from what i can see, your a talented modeller with awesome potential!

tankerguy72
May 5th, 2011, 00:23

Thanks guys! just doing what i can Cag40

BillgjCook
May 5th, 2011, 06:51
Thank You Cag40Navy, I have started on a VC for one of the models and will be doing another for the P2V-5 version, that way we can get these models flying and release them as they get done. I am sending Stealthshadow1 the tanker 44 model for flight modeling and Airattackimages is working on the Aero Union flight model. We are getting one step closer to getting some flyable models to start bata testing.:applause::wiggle::jump:

hairyspin
May 5th, 2011, 12:14
Nice job you guys, that's looking really good. :salute:

airattackimages
May 5th, 2011, 19:23
Bill, we can't say enough about the craftsmanship of these models... both Stealthshadow and I have been collaborating on the two flight models, Stealthshadow is a wizard on this stuff, we already have things probably 95% finished, with his expertise making up the bulk of both flight models. I've added the J34 power range to the P2V5 model (the J34s are running and providing thrust at 80% throttle and beyond.) The parameters and performance numbers are working well. Aircraft handling is very smooth and fits the manners of each actual aircraft.

Cool thing is both Stealthshadow and I know each other off the board. Not only do we both document (chase) fires together pretty often, we both live less than a half mile from Hemet-Ryan Air Attack Base (myself on the south, Stealthshadow on the north - funny eh?) and having grown up around these aircraft and spending considerable time watching them fly both around the base and on fires, we just can't get over the beautiful models you've created. FINALLY, there are actual Neptune air tankers in FS. This is great.

BillgjCook
May 5th, 2011, 19:42
Bill, we can't say enough about the craftsmanship of these models... both Stealthshadow and I have been collaborating on the two flight models, Stealthshadow is a wizard on this stuff, we already have things probably 95% finished, with his expertise making up the bulk of both flight models. I've added the J34 power range to the P2V5 model (the J34s are running and providing thrust at 80% throttle and beyond.) The parameters and performance numbers are working well. Aircraft handling is very smooth and fits the manners of each actual aircraft.

Cool thing is both Stealthshadow and I know each other off the board. Not only do we both document (chase) fires together pretty often, we both live less than a half mile from Hemet-Ryan Air Attack Base (myself on the south, Stealthshadow on the north - funny eh?) and having grown up around these aircraft and spending considerable time watching them fly both around the base and on fires, we just can't get over the beautiful models you've created. FINALLY, there are actual Neptune air tankers in FS. This is great.

Thank you so much, It payed off learning G-max when M$ introduced it with FS. But I have to say that it couldn't have happened without all the help you Stealthahadow and Tankerguy72 have put in to these models. A BIG THANK YOU all for makeing these models come to life in the FS world.

airattackimages
May 5th, 2011, 20:33
Thank you so much, It payed off learning G-max when M$ introduced it with FS. But I have to say that it couldn't have happened without all the help you Stealthahadow and Tankerguy72 have put in to these models. A BIG THANK YOU all for makeing these models come to life in the FS world.
Thanks Bill but the work we do isn't even a fraction of the work you've done! Also Tankerguy72, who I forgot to mention again is also in our circle of friends. He's another of my buddies that lives within a mile or two of Hemet-Ryan and is a tanker nut. LOL :jump:

Cag40Navy
May 5th, 2011, 22:20
Wow lol, no wonder i see ton's of you around the fence lol. Seems to be the capital of tanker nuts lol. That and Jeffco comes to a close second.

tankerguy72
May 5th, 2011, 23:51
Thanks Bill but the work we do isn't even a fraction of the work you've done! Also Tankerguy72, who I forgot to mention again is also in our circle of friends. He's another of my buddies that lives within a mile or two of Hemet-Ryan and is a tanker nut. LOL :jump:

Yeah i was gonna be like HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME OUT!!!! haha HEMET RYAN was the place to be until all these rule changes! but anyways Bill is producing some great models for flight sim! Its definitely great to add the Neptunes to the FS tanker fleet!

tankerguy72
May 6th, 2011, 11:27
Done more work on the textures, its getting there.

BillgjCook
May 6th, 2011, 12:16
Thank you, Looking good tankerguy72. It must be awesome to live so close to a tanker base like Hemet, I use to live in Jamestown, California not far from Columbia Air attack Base, was so awesome to see those aircraft fly over the house to go fight a fire in the area, thats ware I got hooked seeing them work. Now I live in Reno, Nevada not to far from Reno Stead airport, don't get much time to go see the tankers that they have there, but I do get to see them work fires that happen in the area. I found this website to listen to Cal Fire, very neat and its free. I am going out of town this weekend so if I don't reply back thats y Thank you all again for your help.
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/audio/

Cag40Navy
May 6th, 2011, 19:43
Textures looking better Tankerguy, they look awesome! Anyway i could help yall?

tankerguy72
May 7th, 2011, 10:56
Another Texture, Tanker 48

Cag40Navy
May 7th, 2011, 12:00
Another Texture, Tanker 48

Now that is a sharp "and very bright" tanker!

BillgjCook
May 7th, 2011, 12:16
Well going out of town didn't happen now that I have come down with a nasty cold:isadizzy::barf: That tanker looks familiar Minden Air tanker, Wow looking good Thankerguy.
Cag40Navy I will have you be a bata tester if that sounds good.
I still need bump maps to add to these models and panel lines if someone would like to take up that task?

Cag40Navy
May 7th, 2011, 17:15
Well going out of town didn't happen now that I have come down with a nasty cold:isadizzy::barf: That tanker looks familiar Minden Air tanker, Wow looking good Thankerguy.
Cag40Navy I will have you be a bata tester if that sounds good.
I still need bump maps to add to these models and panel lines if someone would like to take up that task?
Ai Ai Captain, sounds good to me. Also, yes, Tanker 48 is a Minden one.

tankerguy72
May 7th, 2011, 17:18
And shes already on duty! Still a little detail work around the tank to be done but im tired!

OleBoy
May 7th, 2011, 19:08

Considering you've made the model to accept bumps and spec mapping, I would be happy to lend a hand where I can. Send me all you have for the model. Then I'll search for some high resolution shots as reference. If anyone has any close-up shots, they'd come in real handy for me at this point of the models process. I'd like to make the rivets and panel lines as authentic as possible.

I found one fairly decent 3-view drawing. It shows all but the underneath. I suppose I can wing it. Not that big of a problem because I can transfer from top, to bottom. Although it would be nice to have the clear photos.

I'm going to assume that all the doors and cut-outs are completed. I don't mind helping out, but I don't want to have to back-pedal once I get started if it's avoidable

tankerguy72
May 7th, 2011, 20:18
I have prolly all the pictures you would need if you do end up doing them

Jeremy

BillgjCook
May 8th, 2011, 14:07
Considering you've made the model to accept bumps and spec mapping, I would be happy to lend a hand where I can. Send me all you have for the model. Then I'll search for some high resolution shots as reference. If anyone has any close-up shots, they'd come in real handy for me at this point of the models process. I'd like to make the rivets and panel lines as authentic as possible.

I found one fairly decent 3-view drawing. It shows all but the underneath. I suppose I can wing it. Not that big of a problem because I can transfer from top, to bottom. Although it would be nice to have the clear photos.

I'm going to assume that all the doors and cut-outs are completed. I don't mind helping out, but I don't want to have to back-pedal once I get started if it's avoidable

That sounds good. I can provide some good 3-view for you if needed, just let me know.
I have the textures in a .psd format so doing layers and repaints is done much easer.
Send me a PM with a email and I will send you what I have, there is no flight model yet, Airattackimages and Stealthshadow1 are working on them right now. All cutouts are done and just need animation.

firephoto84
May 8th, 2011, 19:58
And shes already on duty! Still a little detail work around the tank to be done but im tired!

Nice!

Cag40Navy
May 8th, 2011, 23:22
Bill.... After this project, could we beat you into doing a S-2T? Well, all the variants including those used by the Cal-Fire and the ones used by the Direction de la Défense de la Sécurité Civile. Mand maybe the radial version too.... I dont know, just an idea way way way down the road. Figured i post it so i can remember way way down the road. :D Ok, back to the P-2V's :mixedsmi:

tankerguy72
May 9th, 2011, 00:30
Hawkins and Powers T139

tankerguy72
May 9th, 2011, 00:50
Hawkins and Powers T139

airattackimages
May 9th, 2011, 05:44
That is my absolute favorite. Thanks for doing that brother, I know I whined enough. :jump:

I just wish I could find all my old shots of 139 and 140. I had them at Hemet during the huge firestorms of October 93 and that paint job just popped against a BLACK smoke filled sky. Dark as night...

BillgjCook
May 9th, 2011, 07:36
Bill.... After this project, could we beat you into doing a S-2T? Well, all the variants including those used by the Cal-Fire and the ones used by the Direction de la Défense de la Sécurité Civile. Mand maybe the radial version too.... I dont know, just an idea way way way down the road. Figured i post it so i can remember way way down the road. :D Ok, back to the P-2V's :mixedsmi:

Hawkins and Powers T139

Ya a good S2-A and S2-T would be awesome in FSX, I think that would be a possible (opps I misspelled possible with passable, thats funny) next in line after the P2's.

Wow tankerguy72 that looks good keep them coming and if there is a need to paint the windows just let me know and I will change it.

We welcome Ole-boy to the team as he will be taking on the chore of panel lines and doing the bump maps.

Cag40Navy
May 9th, 2011, 07:51
Thats a nice HP Tanker Tanker! What a beaut!

I look forward to the possibility of the S-2!

OleBoy
May 9th, 2011, 12:51
Geeze dude, one thing at a time.
My repaints that I do alone take an average of a week! Not that I'm volunteering. Due to my schedule I can't really commit to anything. But I will help where I can.

If anyone has any close-up shots of these beasts that show panel and rivet lines, now'd be a good time to share the wealth ;)

tankerguy72
May 10th, 2011, 01:04
Thanks for the compliments my repaints are quick and dirty! Throwing tankers schemes out there to have fun in! I dont have the attention span to do them 100% haha:jump::mixedsmi::wiggle:

Oleboy i have the photos but dont know how to get them to you they are pretty large size, but heres a few to look at.

OleBoy
May 10th, 2011, 04:49
Holy splat!! There's a jazillion rivets in these birds!! :kilroy:

BillgjCook
May 10th, 2011, 11:18
Tanker 55 on the way37501

airattackimages
May 10th, 2011, 16:49
Awesome! :jump:

BillgjCook
May 11th, 2011, 12:09
I have been working on the cockpit and got an idea and am hopping that it works. I sent Minden Air Corp. a email requesting to go down to there facility an take some photo of the SP-2H that they opperate. I hope it works out. I am looking for lots of cockpit photo and some exteriour just to make these aircraft look and have the feal of a real aircraft. I will let you all know if I get to go or not. I am working getting the tires to rotate on the models that I have done already so when I do I will send out updated mdl's to all.

Thank You

Bill

tankerguy72
May 11th, 2011, 13:34
Heres some if they help Bill. This is Neptune's Tanker 10

BillgjCook
May 11th, 2011, 15:03
Yep that will help, do you have any of the side panels and center concel?