PDA

View Full Version : It's released! Classic Wings FsX conversion of The Lyons Classic Creation The Luscomb

Roger
May 11th, 2010, 09:02
It's a beauty Craig:ernae:

http://www.classicwings.net/

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/luscx-8.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/luscx-7.jpg

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/luscx-1.jpg

Lionheart
May 11th, 2010, 09:08
This looks very nice!

Thanks for the heads up Roger.

Bill

pilottj
May 11th, 2010, 09:15
Very nice! I hope they get around to redoing Mr Lyon's Waco and his Travel Air, two excellent biplanes.

Dain Arns
May 11th, 2010, 12:57
Thanks Craig! Best news I've had yet this week was seeing this released! :applause:

Glad to see the 'personalized' feature Bill always had for his wares was kept in.
Think about that.
He personalized every plane you bought from him for his customers!
Amazing man.

Anyway, that was an easy 'title transfer' to flip from the FS9 one to FSX this afternoon. :icon_lol:

EDIT: I see one of Leon Louis' '8-Ball' paints made it in. Check Walmart Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?walmart/) and Home Depot Ad (https://www.ladysavings.com/publix-weekly-ad/?home-depot/). Bought a tear to the eye.

robcap
May 11th, 2010, 14:26
Thanks Roger.

Will take her for a spin later, but she's already on my disk!
Looking forward to more from where that came from.

Cheers, R.

Thoe6969
May 11th, 2010, 15:06
Used to fly this ole girl a lot back in my FS9 days,sure is good to have her back,looks great and flies just as good as it looks.Thanks a bunch.:jump:

jojohnson9
May 11th, 2010, 15:49
So happy to have this great old bird, and freeware no less. But how do I find a pilot to fly this plane? When I load up, I have no pilot.

Lionheart
May 11th, 2010, 16:32
Nav lights...

:d

Ken Stallings
May 11th, 2010, 16:55
Wow! That's dynamite! :engel016:

Ken

Butcherbird17
May 11th, 2010, 17:14
So happy to have this great old bird, and freeware no less. But how do I find a pilot to fly this plane? When I load up, I have no pilot.

The Spoiler key toggles the pilot on/off.

Joe

ptrev
May 11th, 2010, 18:00
NO FAIR! my fsx PC has been fritzed for two weeks with what is supposedly a dry joint somewhere. DO I fix or build all new? I'm using a borrowed Lenovo lap top which sure won't run the sim. Not sure I like Windows 7 much, either. Anyway, "I'll be back" and the Lyons Luscomb will be in my hanger real quick. Thanks heaps for this little treasure. What's coming next from Lyon's FS9 goodies bag?

pilottj
May 11th, 2010, 20:47
If I recall, Mr Lyons had a Grumman Mallard in the works but was never able to finish it. I hope classic wings gets a chance to finish it.

Cheers
TJ

expat
May 12th, 2010, 00:25
If I recall, Mr Lyons had a Grumman Mallard in the works but was never able to finish it. I hope classic wings gets a chance to finish it.

Cheers
TJ

Man that would be a dream come true. There were a few screenies of Bill's Mallard on the net a long time ago. Sadly, since it was never released and presumably not shared with anyone it is probably gone forever with Bill's retirement from FS.

peter12213
May 12th, 2010, 02:04
Thanks for the heads up Roger!

doublecool
May 12th, 2010, 02:50
Nicely Done Classic Wings :salute::applause:

Lynn and Bill Lyons I believe would be pleased

foreigndevil
May 12th, 2010, 09:35
Man that would be a dream come true. There were a few screenies of Bill's Mallard on the net a long time ago. Sadly, since it was never released and presumably not shared with anyone it is probably gone forever with Bill's retirement from FS.
Bill did not finish this project. I took the Mallard for some test flights and it had some revolutionary assets (as usual with Bill's planes). However only the instrument panel in the cockpit was (almost) finished, the rest of the cockpit/interior was just empty.
BTW, glad to see the Luscomb in FSX!

Dexdoggy
May 12th, 2010, 16:36
A very welcome addition to FSX thankyou! :ernae:
Any chance of Bill's Swift? :jump:

doublecool
May 12th, 2010, 17:38
A very welcome addition to FSX thankyou! :ernae:
Any chance of Bill's Swift? :jump:

I second that...:jump:

Roger
May 13th, 2010, 09:44
If you click on my banner you'll see Graig has his own forum at The Old Hangar and new projects will be announced there!

Cazzie
May 13th, 2010, 13:30
Many thanks Craig, don't know how I missed this. Bill's Luscombe is a true classic, making it flyable in FSX, priceless.:ernae:

Caz

Killbilly
May 14th, 2010, 13:13
Wow. I just found this. Thanks for the conversion! A classic is reborn.

I can't believe this thread didn't get a sticky. I almost missed it.

Roger
May 14th, 2010, 13:16
I can't believe this thread didn't get a sticky. I almost missed it.

Me too!

Roger
May 15th, 2010, 08:11
Glad to see Craig got the water rudders working too! ORBX PNW

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/luscx-9.jpg

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 10:48
Is anyone having problems loading this one? It downloaded just fine and I flew it for an hour the other night. Great plane. As of last night I get the fatal error message and the sim crashes. I re-downloaded it and I get the same results. I don't understand. I really want to fly this plane again.

Roger
May 15th, 2010, 11:34
Wonder if it's the old CD/Radio gauge that used to give problems in Fs9? You could try commenting it out in the panel.cfg.
I've had no issues and non have been reported as yet.

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 12:56
Wonder if it's the old CD/Radio gauge that used to give problems in Fs9? You could try commenting it out in the panel.cfg.
I've had no issues and non have been reported as yet.

Thank's Roger. I tried your suggestion and to no avail. I don't know what's going on.

Roger
May 15th, 2010, 13:09
Thank's Roger. I tried your suggestion and to no avail. I don't know what's going on.

Have you tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling both versions?

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 13:16
Have you tried completely uninstalling and then reinstalling both versions?

I have. I'll just download it again and see what happens. I don't know what else to do. I'll let you know and thanks again.

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 13:42
This doesn't make any sense, It still won't load. I would like to fly this plane again.

Roger
May 15th, 2010, 13:55
Do you get an error message when you try to load it?

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 14:09
Do you get an error message when you try to load it?

Yes. Exactly.

Roger
May 15th, 2010, 14:16
Yes. Exactly.

What does the error message say?

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 14:31
What does the error message say?

"Microsoft has encountered a fatal error and needs to close.Do you wish to send a report?"
I decline to send a report.

Roger
May 15th, 2010, 14:36
"Microsoft has encountered a fatal error and needs to close.Do you wish to send a report?"
I decline to send a report.

Ah...that one,
I'll ask Craig if he has any ideas?

Roger.

full
May 15th, 2010, 15:43
thisizma, have you tried deleting you FSX.cfg and let it rebuild a new one ? you may want to back it up before though ! also when loading the Luscombe for a flight for the first time be sure to allow access for the gauges, you will have to accept these for the gauges to appear.

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 16:08
thisizma, have you tried deleting you FSX.cfg and let it rebuild a new one ? you may want to back it up before though ! also when loading the Luscombe for a flight for the first time be sure to allow access for the gauges, you will have to accept these for the gauges to appear.

Yes, I did that.

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 16:57
What is really pondering me is it loaded and I flew it the other night.

modelr
May 15th, 2010, 19:29
What is really pondering me is it loaded and I flew it the other night.

Have you been able to load and fly any other aircraft???

Are you starting at the same airport each time, or are you trying different airports/cities/times of day??

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 19:39
Have you been able to load and fly any other aircraft???

Are you starting at the same airport each time, or are you trying different airports/cities/times of day??

It happens only when I select the aircraft, regardless of location or time of day.

thisizma
May 15th, 2010, 19:50
... and yes. All other aircraft load just fine. I just get the error message with the Luscomb.

Marvin Carter
May 15th, 2010, 20:23
Might be a sound.dll???

full
May 16th, 2010, 02:59
There are no custom sound .dll's used.

Have you tried renaming your sound and panel .cfg files to e.g. sound_old.cfg & panel_old.cfg so that all that loads is the aircraft model and textures.

thisizma
May 16th, 2010, 09:36
There are no custom sound .dll's used.

Have you tried renaming your sound and panel .cfg files to e.g. sound_old.cfg & panel_old.cfg so that all that loads is the aircraft model and textures.

OK...I tried that... any other suggestions? WHY is this only happening to ME?

Roger
May 16th, 2010, 12:35
Really sorry it's happening but it seems to be unique to your system so far.

Dangerousdave26
May 16th, 2010, 14:04
thisizma this thread is probably not the best place to go for tech support on the product. There might be someone who already had the problem and fixed it that would never look here again after the initial release.

I suggest creating a new thread either here (SOH) or at Craigs own forum. http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk

Detail the problem and anything you have done to isolate it. List your system specs including OS and FSX revision (SP1, SP2, or Acceleration). Search for the Windows event error in the event log. It will possibly detail what module the fault was in. I have used the error log to finger issues with FS9 and FSX and it is good at putting you in the right ball park.

With that information and a wider audience you are more likely to get better results.

Good luck

thisizma
May 16th, 2010, 15:43
thisizma this thread is probably not the best place to go for tech support on the product. There might be someone who already had the problem and fixed it that would never look here again after the initial release.

I suggest creating a new thread either here (SOH) or at Craigs own forum. http://mainescenery.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=talk

Detail the problem and anything you have done to isolate it. List your system specs including OS and FSX revision (SP1, SP2, or Acceleration). Search for the Windows event error in the event log. It will possibly detail what module the fault was in. I have used the error log to finger issues with FS9 and FSX and it is good at putting you in the right ball park.

With that information and a wider audience you are more likely to get better results.

Good luck
Thanks, I understand. I'm out.

bkeske
May 16th, 2010, 16:06
Wonderful gift. Looks great.....hopefully the Tri-Pacer is on the radar.