PDA

View Full Version : New Member seeks advice.

kettenhund
May 11th, 2010, 04:59
~S~ All,
As a new member, thought that I should introduce myself: I'm a retired Science Teacher based in the UK. I've been out of touch with the Combat Flight Sim scene for several years due to a combination of I'll health and computer/internet problems. I'm still a member of NJG7 (which seems to be more-or-less inactive) and Joint Ops.

However I am hoping to resume on-line combat flying (I prefer CFS1) preferably in Luftwaffe aircraft: can anyone advise me, please? I don't even know if any squads are still active using CFS1! If you know of any, then I'm a potential recruit!

All the best, Kettenhund,
aka Uhu_Kettenhund,
aka Ken Attwood,
Newquay, Cornwall, UK.

hubbabubba
May 11th, 2010, 06:56
~S~kettenhund:wavey:

I'm a fellow JO trainee and technical officer (I prefer fitter & rigger) for the Allied Air Corp.

We have a Luftwaffe wing where, strangely enough, Brits are in force... go figure!

You can find information at our WEB site HERE (http://www.freewebs.com/alliedaircorps/index.htm) and get on the roster at our forum HERE. (http://alliedaircorps.proboards.com/index.cgi?)

No membership is necessary to come and play with us on our Sunday get-together.

Game time is 1200 hours East Coast time (1700 hours UK time).

We use TeamSpeak2 for com. IP will be given on private message or email.

kettenhund
May 12th, 2010, 09:40
~S~ Hubbabubba,

I like the look of the AAC, it seems to have something of the spirit of the JO that I remember from the old days (2004!) and so I think I'll see if they'll put up with me!

Thanks for the advice,

All the best,
Uhu_Kettenhund,
aka ken Attwood,
Newquay, Cornwall, UK.

minuteman10
May 14th, 2010, 19:08
~S~ K...Looks like Hubba has already pointed you in the right direction. There are several J-Ops pilots amongst the ranks. You would certainly be welcome....:salute:

minuteman10
May 16th, 2010, 11:36
~S~ Kettenhund...a great job today and I hope that you had fun! A reminder to all CFS1 pilots...you are always welcome to join in our Sunday missions...you don't have to be a member to play. Simply post a request and our members will aid you in getting set up!:salute:

kettenhund
May 20th, 2010, 12:13
~S~ Everyone,

I'd like to echo what Minuteman said: The AAC made me very welcome, they're a great bunch of people, and I had a great time flying my first mission in about 6 years. It was amazing just how everything comes back!

So if there is anyone out thre who used to fly on CFS1 - blow the dust off the box, re-load it and come along to the ACC on Sunday and who knows? I might lose my spot as the oldest Newbie...

All the best,
Kettenhund,
Newquay, Cornwall, UK.