PDA

View Full Version : I had to say goodbye to a friend Sunday.....

Lionheart
May 10th, 2010, 20:06
Yep... I had that thing for several months. The most sleekest, high technology mouse ever created by mankind. The curves on it, similar to Italian fine automotive design. The machining quality, untouched by others... The almost un-Earthly alien like shape made you think it could fly..

but... no mouse wheel...

For several months now, I tried to cope with my Apple Magic Mouse not having a mouse wheel. Well, after long bouts of modelling last week, Sunday, I decided to go out and look for a new 'mishki'.... I landed upon the Logitech MX. Quite a nice mouse. Sort of a huge thing, but the mouse wheel, none can compare to it. As a matter of fact, I almost didnt buy this one, till I found it by mistake in the 'parking lot of mice' in Best Buy, and tested the wheel, and goodness... That was all it took! Done deal.

I gave my little Mishki to my mom. I told her to take care of it. It was a special, even if it didnt have a mouse wheel.

In Gmax/Max, you just have to have that mouse wheel. Must......! arrgh...

<---- wipes a tear away..

Willy
May 10th, 2010, 20:21
I'm rather fond of my Logitech rollerballs. I'd kept one for over 10 years now and would hate to have to go to a regular mouse.

Kiwikat
May 10th, 2010, 20:33
You've completed the first step of your long path to recovery!

Congrats!!! :applause: :salute:

TARPSBird
May 10th, 2010, 20:49
My original Compaq mouse from 2001 is still going strong. I've worn the surface rubber off the wheel. Once I figured out how to pop it apart to clean the lint out of it I was all set. :d

gigabyte
May 11th, 2010, 00:24
I am glad to see you have come over to the Dark side there Bill...lol

I have long been a BIG fan of Logitec, most definately my favorite for keyboards, and mice. I especially like the MX revoloution, the switchable knotched/free spin on the wheel is a great feature and the 2nd wheel for zoom in/out is excellent for working with photo editing and I would also expect it would be a bonus in modeling. I am not sure how their software works on a Mac, but for windows I do like the programability of the controls, it even allows for setting the same button to different functions in specific apps, which I really like.

harleyman
May 11th, 2010, 01:51
A sad ending for a wheeless mouse indeed...

Its hard to part with an old friend..

but you had the right idea...Pass it off on someone else...LOL

lifejogger
May 11th, 2010, 04:29
We do get attached to our computers and attachements don't we. I had to get a new keyboard the other day. hated to give up the old one butlt he letters and numbers were wearing off and some of the key didn't work very well.

GT182
May 11th, 2010, 05:33
After my MX1000 died last week I had to buy a new mouse. Bought the Logitech Performance MX on a reccomendation from the manager at CompUSA. And he even said if I didn't like it to return it. 89.99 at ComUSA.

More features that the MX1000, and far better to charge and change out the battery if needed. You can't do that on any other rechargeable Lofitech mouse I've seen. It's even got teflon foot pads so they won't wear out.

Logitech site..... http://www.logitech.com/en-us/mice_pointers/mice/devices/5845

CNet reviews.... http://reviews.cnet.com/mice/logitech-performance-mouse-mx/4505-3148_7-33769469.html#cnetReview