PDA

View Full Version : iPad WiFi and Motorola SBG900 tuning

Lionheart
May 10th, 2010, 08:31
Hey all,

In case you have the new Apple iPad and you have the Motorola SBG900 and have terrible to none WiFi connection, try this.

My iPad wouldnt work on my present new Motorola SBG900. Well, last night, I decided to just play around with the settings and guess what. I found a setting that makes this thing work like a top! This thing is faster in WiFi then in 3G!!!!!

Here's a step by step how to.

Go to your online control panel in your Motorola by bringing up your browser, dial in IP address to it, usually 192.168.100.1 and type in your code to get in, usually admin and motorola if you havent set a password.

Next, go to Wireless, Security, on WPA Encryption, select TKIP.

Now click on Network and on your Channel, select 4. I had 7, and did have highest setting. I had tried all settings and 4 worked the best.

On operating mode, select 11g (11 Gig?) and click on the optional 11g Enhanced.

Hit Apply, Save, and exit out.

You should now have OUTRAGEOUS 'functioning' WiFi in your iPad. If it doesnt work, try various Channel settings. 4 Worked for me. It could be a house next to yours with a similar WiFi sysytem that is blocking yours. This happened with my brother on his wireless computer WiFi system. The neighbors phone would disrupt his. Changing Channel settings got rid of that. Usually no one uses Channel 11, but my iPad couldnt read that high.

A small heads up. You can 'name' your Wireless network for your own name by entering it in the ESSID section in Wireless / Network. You can give your wireless modem a new password in the 'Admin' section. (Highly recommended or all the kids on your block will be using your service for X-Box online gaming).

I hope that helps out all of you Motorola Modem owners. I was about to buy a new modem for my iPad and found out this tweak. Thank you God for blessing me with this...

Bill