PDA

View Full Version : Serious question....

warchild
May 8th, 2010, 18:00
Am i just being unrealistic, or does anyone else here have a problem with UKTrainsims extortionist and completely untenable attitude about downloads??? This is the second time i've attempted to download something from their site and the second time that they expect me to stay logged in for days as i wait for several gigabytes files to be downloaded by other people a 5k per second. or is that hour??
God these people piss me off..

Henry
May 8th, 2010, 18:14
i do get frustrated
and have been thinking about
a 6 month deal with them
i guess its the way they run the site
if i can find it elswhere i do
H

Lionheart
May 8th, 2010, 21:40
Its crazy... Maybe he has a 10 year old server and it cant handle more then 10 people downloading...

Henry goes to another UK website that is pretty fast with downloads. I think it fully replaces this one. (I have to go find the name of the website... )

Bill

Henry
May 9th, 2010, 14:16
Its crazy... Maybe he has a 10 year old server and it cant handle more then 10 people downloading...

Henry goes to another UK website that is pretty fast with downloads. I think it fully replaces this one. (I have to go find the name of the website... )

Bill
no they have files that you cannot get elswhere
H

warchild
May 9th, 2010, 15:37
Yup they do.. Although i noticed (with a fair bit of not so personal umbrage ) that Justin Cornells F-38 is no longer there.. Lots of stuff for it, but it itself, is gone.. ::sigh::.
Oh well, back to Barstow ( at least untill someone comes out with scenery worth driving in: which isnt to say that rascal and cottonwood isnt nice but its a loop, and the other table top layout is gorgeous, but it keeps telling me i have broken consists and refuses to work. )..
I'm gonna be real glad when railworks is a bit older and thres more than SD-40s available for it.. ::grumble::
Obviously having a not so great weekend.. oh well ..
Pam

Henry
May 9th, 2010, 15:48
isnt it on trainsim.com
i have it and did not get it from there
i have a bunch of sd 40's
38's and es 44's
H

warchild
May 9th, 2010, 18:14
afraid not. i've been through ts.com about 5 times in the last couple days and although theres a LOT of stuf available for the GP-38 by jessie james and others, i cannot find a single copy of the original engine.. kinda weird.. who knows, maybe i missed it..
Also cant re-find the site with the Amtrak long distance coaches. The ones that have two levels to them. I came across country in those and would love to model that train.. it was a long trip, but quite healing.. :)..

Henry
May 9th, 2010, 18:47
lemme take a look
the two level Amtrak id love to have
meself
H

warchild
May 9th, 2010, 20:34
i found bit. its at http://www.digitaltrainmodel.com/ .. scary part is they have a weird payment policy ( pay now, we'll email you ) and they are the developers of the dd-40x which is currently with this new upgrade, giving me no end of trouble..