PDA

View Full Version : Lookign for a set of FS2004 F-4 Flight Dynamics

OBIO
May 8th, 2010, 17:52
Does anyone have a set of freeware flight dynamics for the F-4 Phantom. Doesn't matter what sub-variant (E, N, B, W, FG1) as I have no idea of how any of them fly in real life. I am working on the old freeware Alphasim F-4s...and I need a set of FS2004 flight dynamics to use in them. If some one has that they would be willing to share or knows of a set of freeware flight dynamics I could use for my personal enjoyment, I would be so grateful.

I have tried the updated packages by Bob Cichilo....the planes just feel too twitchy and over responsive. I currently have the CFS2 flight dynamics in place...they aren't too horrible (top speed of Mach1.8 at 30,000 ft) but the plane's handling is not all that great. Even at low speeds, the plane will not climb unless I give it a TON of up trim....seems to be very little elevator response for climbing...but a slew of elevator response for diving...the plane will dive like an Kingfisher.

OBIO

aeromed202
May 8th, 2010, 18:47
You know I do but I've done several. Is there one in particular? The thing is that each one is a slave to the air file and any other factors not alterable by CFG alone. A mismatch usually doesn't work.

Oh duh, Alphas. I'll give it a quick review and send it over.

OBIO
May 8th, 2010, 20:42
I had a TaDa moment. I remembered that I had the source files for the F-4E and F-4N from a couple years ago when Michael Davies released a collection of his old source files. In there are FS2002 flight dynamics....much much much nicer in FS2004 than the CFS2 ones.

OBIO

MaddogK
May 9th, 2010, 06:29
Ive a set from Ito's F-4E I can toss ya

MaddogK
May 13th, 2010, 16:04
Does anyone have a set of freeware flight dynamics for the F-4 Phantom. Doesn't matter what sub-variant (E, N, B, W, FG1) as I have no idea of how any of them fly in real life. I am working on the old freeware Alphasim F-4s...and I need a set of FS2004 flight dynamics to use in them. If some one has that they would be willing to share or knows of a set of freeware flight dynamics I could use for my personal enjoyment, I would be so grateful.

I have tried the updated packages by Bob Cichilo....the planes just feel too twitchy and over responsive. I currently have the CFS2 flight dynamics in place...they aren't too horrible (top speed of Mach1.8 at 30,000 ft) but the plane's handling is not all that great. Even at low speeds, the plane will not climb unless I give it a TON of up trim....seems to be very little elevator response for climbing...but a slew of elevator response for diving...the plane will dive like an Kingfisher.

OBIO

You say you've tried the Bob Cichilo updates ? The version 2 A/C update to the Alphasim 2002 F-4E isn't that bad, AND it has a VC (Needs a MAJOR overhaul) but the AB effect is nice.. The file name is f-4eup.zip from AVSIM. There appears to be a problem with one of the effects that blanks out the inside of the exhaust nozzles when the engines are running, will need a few days to figure it out (panel rebuild and all).

OBIO
May 13th, 2010, 18:17
I have noticed that effects cause the lower portion of the exhaust pipe thingies not to show....have no idea why....something to do with the age of the model most likely. I am working on a full VC treatment for the various free Alpha F-4s. Have all the gauges in place, must need to move them to proper locations and sizes.

I will also be using these birds as a learning test bed for using the Carrier Ops gauge package....gauge commanded cat launches and tail hook landings. Haven't installed those gauges in any planes before...so I hope it is a pretty straight forward thing to do.

OBIO

MaddogK
May 13th, 2010, 19:57
I have noticed that effects cause the lower portion of the exhaust pipe thingies not to show....have no idea why....something to do with the age of the model most likely. I am working on a full VC treatment for the various free Alpha F-4s. Have all the gauges in place, must need to move them to proper locations and sizes.

I will also be using these birds as a learning test bed for using the Carrier Ops gauge package....gauge commanded cat launches and tail hook landings. Haven't installed those gauges in any planes before...so I hope it is a pretty straight forward thing to do.

OBIO

If you need a hand just gimme a hollar, I have them setup in 6 different birds now and got it down to a science. Might want to setup on a slow plane first- like Ito-sans Viking.

OBIO
May 13th, 2010, 21:59
If you need a hand just gimme a hollar, I have them setup in 6 different birds now and got it down to a science. Might want to setup on a slow plane first- like Ito-sans Viking.

Thanks Maddog...will most likely give you a holler....I have not done any carrier take offs or landings in FS9....Will be installing a big package of carrier scenery in the next few days and have absolutely no idea how to set them up for arrestor hooks...so that will also be a learning experience for me. Got a lot of Navy jets that are begging to spend some time on carriers.

MaddogK
May 13th, 2010, 22:43
Thought you might get a kick outta this: Been looking for the Forrestal for fs9 for a while, found a fs98 model, so I decompile the BGL and found this: Also found 4 other ships in there including a sub (appears Russian). I exported into Max tonight and will get to work on it this weekend.

OBIO
May 13th, 2010, 23:17
The USS Forestal and USS Oriskany are my fave two Vietnam era carriers...not because I know that much about them....but because I saw a really good documentary that focused on these two carriers. John McCain originally flew from the Forestal, but after that flat top had a fire emergency and had to return to port for repairs, McCain transferred to the Oriskany. It was on his first mission off the Oriskany that he was shot down over Hanoi and taken prisoner.

OBIO

MaddogK
May 15th, 2010, 06:52
The USS Forestal and USS Oriskany are my fave two Vietnam era carriers...not because I know that much about them....but because I saw a really good documentary that focused on these two carriers. John McCain originally flew from the Forestal, but after that flat top had a fire emergency and had to return to port for repairs, McCain transferred to the Oriskany. It was on his first mission off the Oriskany that he was shot down over Hanoi and taken prisoner.

OBIO

Here ya go- a quick and dirty conversion (not landable yet, but ya can crash into it). NOW the fun begins- making it pretty and operational.

MaddogK
May 15th, 2010, 21:14
There ya go Obio- first trap on Forrestal,