PDA

View Full Version : Getting ready for the 24-Hours of Darlington.

Cazzie
May 8th, 2010, 15:43
About to drop the green flag, I can remember the old Darlington Spring races, they lasted into the evening before there were light. I watched DW win one at sunset with no fenders on his Pepsimobile. After that, the Spring race was shortened to 400 miles intil the Southern 500 was taken away. But the way they have been wreckin' 'em this year, I'm thinkin' we're in for a long night.

Go Denny! #11

Caz

Panther_99FS
May 8th, 2010, 19:47
Guess Cazz is happy now.....:icon_lol:

Good win by Denny, dang #24 just keeps havin' bad luck....

Cazzie
May 9th, 2010, 03:31
I think this is Denny's year, all he needs is a Toyota that will stay together an entire race.

Sorry about the 48 Ed, no cause of his own either. But I told you I got me a voodoo chicken and evidently I have been shaking it right! :d

Yes that 24 car is smitten with bad luck this year Panther, anybody but a Virginian racing for the win and I "might" pull for him. Jeff Burton caught a bad break too or he would have had a higher finish.

Kyle Busch is racing for a Championship I believe, he drove real smart last night, didn't waste his equipment.

NASCAR racing has been much better this year, kudos to Brian France for removing the "Iron Hand".

Caz

stansdds
May 9th, 2010, 05:46
I think this is Denny's year, all he needs is a Toyota that will stay together an entire race.

Sorry about the 48 Ed, no cause of his own either. But I told you I got me a voodoo chicken and evidently I have been shaking it right! :d

Yes that 24 car is smitten with bad luck this year Panther, anybody but a Virginian racing for the win and I "might" pull for him. Jeff Burton caught a bad break too or he would have had a higher finish.

Kyle Busch is racing for a Championship I believe, he drove real smart last night, didn't waste his equipment.

NASCAR racing has been much better this year, kudos to Brian France for removing the "Iron Hand".

Caz

Agree! And Jeff Burton running over the air hose leaving the pits was a rookie mistake, bet he is kicking himself today. Last night was just not Jimmy Johnson's night. Two scrapes, then getting slammed by the 43 as it rocketed up the track. I am glad that he was able to walk away from the crash.

EasyEd
May 9th, 2010, 20:25
Hey All,

That was definitely an early Merry Christmas present for Denny. Jeff messes up getting on pit road, Burton runs over a hose for a penalty and the last adjustment to Kyle's car "killed it". The only cars that could have had something for Denny took themselves out of it. Good for Caz though.

As for the 48. The wreck with the 43 was just a fluke - being in the wrong place at the wrong time happens to everybody sooner or later - they were junk before that happened. Jimmie and Chad do NOT have the spoiler all figured out. They were King of the Wing but they've got some serious catchin up to do to get their spoiler program right. Hopefully they get it right for the last 10 races of the year.

-Ed-