PDA

View Full Version : Need help with a glass problem

flewpastu
May 8th, 2010, 05:33
I dug up the old Glasair III from Austrailian Simulations and walla, no transparency in the windshield, I cant seem to find the company on the intranet anymore. Does anyone know if they are out of buisness, I went to Simmarket and checked the web there but a no go. Any help would be great. I know its a dated plane but works great in FSX except for the Glass

Thanks In Advance

falcon409
May 8th, 2010, 06:58
That's almost always an Alpha problem. If, by "no transparency", you mean the glass is opaque and you can't see out of it, then if you can figure out which texture is the glass (usually it's named exactly that), check the alpha. Usually by darkening the alpha channel you can bring the glass back to a normal transparent look.

flewpastu
May 8th, 2010, 07:00
Thanks Falcon Ill try it out, Not sure how to do it but the thing fly's nice. By the way, I am really enjoying your scenery's great job and much appreciated.

Bill

Lionheart
May 8th, 2010, 07:04
I always wanted to get that. Sharp lines on that bird and a nice looking panel.

Sorry to hear its no longer available...

Bill

falcon409
May 8th, 2010, 07:15
I did some looking around to see what I could find on the company and it does appear that they are gone. There is an Australian Simulation Forum, but it's also very dead there. The last post was two months ago and no one has answered. The few times it was asked if the forum was dying, the obvious answer by one of the moderators was "this forum will continue to be available for intelligent and courteous conversation, as long as any breath left in me". . . . .apparently he's holding his breath right now.

I did notice on the page for the Glassair, along the right side there is a link for manufacturers support, If you click that, it's a link for an e-mail address. You could try contacting that individual and see what you get.

falcon409
May 8th, 2010, 07:18
Thanks Falcon Ill try it out, Not sure how to do it but the thing fly's nice. By the way, I am really enjoying your scenery's great job and much appreciated.
Bill
If you want to, e-mail me the texture (if you can figure out which one it is) and I'll take a look at it. In the meantime, if you have DXTbmp, you can easily correct the alpha yourself.:salute:

Glad you're enjoying the sceneries. I've kinda hit a wall right now. Satellite images are terrible for a lot of the ones I wanted to do, so I'm on hold, sorta, lol.

flewpastu
May 8th, 2010, 07:28
Falcon I PM'd you

Bill

skyhawka4m
May 8th, 2010, 08:51
I owned the FS9 variant and I complained to the company about the fact that they advertise it with a nice tinted window but when you get it, it has a barely visible canopy in it. I'm not sure btu I thought they told me that the tinting was a modeling issue and that they had to change something in the model to get the tint. they said they would do it but I never heard back from them.

you can still get the plane from Simarket.

flewpastu
May 8th, 2010, 09:10
Thats the thing, you can still get it but theres no support. Man Ive checked everywhere including what falcon said and they just dissapeared.

Bill

falcon409
May 8th, 2010, 09:16
Bill, you have a PM.
There are two identical textures for the glass:
ASG_GLASS.dds
ASG_GLASS_T.dds

They both show a tint, and without knowing which one did what I just added a solid black alpha to both and it cleared the canopy, but it leaves it with no tint at all, which I guess is better than not being able to see outside, lol.

flewpastu
May 8th, 2010, 10:56
Thanks Falcon, works great and its a pretty nice aircraft to fly, I forgot how fun it was. Thanks again

Bill