PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Universe Night!

Lionheart
May 7th, 2010, 20:33
Hey all,

For those SciFi nooots, its Friday.... SGU is on.. New episode.

Bill

Eoraptor1
May 8th, 2010, 12:46
I've recently started watching the show again; the last few shows have been interesting. I just hope they get enough of the ship's systems working to turn on some more lights. I don't care for this neo-noir lighting trend. It was something I disliked about the Galactica reboot.

I don't know how many of the fans from the other two SG fanchises are going to stick with this show; a lot of it's drama internal, or navel-gazing; call it what you will; a lot of action/adventure fans consider this quality effete or otherwise don't like it. I've been watching how the scinetists' arcs are being developed. I dislike the way scientific disciplines are portrayed on most tv shows, and sci-fi television seems to me strangely anti scientific inquiry. IMO they seem much more comfortable with mysticism, but that's just MHO.

JAMES

Lionheart
May 8th, 2010, 14:10
Did you catch the one where they find a new Solar System?

If so, what did you think of that? The concept was pretty wild...

Eoraptor1
May 9th, 2010, 13:52
Did you catch the one where they find a new Solar System?

If so, what did you think of that? The concept was pretty wild...

Are you talking about the one with the alien engineered planet with its own alien Washington Monument? I don't trust those little paradise worlds; they either end up being poisonous, you're being fattened up for good eating by the owners, or the natives worship an amoral super computer. Sing along: "Heading out to Eden/ Yea, Brother..."

JAMES