PDA

View Full Version : I've always wanted to do this!

wconkle
May 6th, 2010, 19:11
All the time I was stationed on the aircraft carrier, every time I went on the flight deck I would imagine how cool it would be to try this.
With a little practice, I was actually able to take off and land while moving backwards relative to the ship.
What a lot of fun FSX is!

Cheers!7073707470757076http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/misc/pencil.png

MCDesigns
May 6th, 2010, 19:25
wait till you try it in an F-18, there's a challenge, LOL! Yep, moving carriers is one of my fav parts of FSX.

wconkle
May 7th, 2010, 18:33
Oh, I did it a bunch of times in the 18. I didn't think it was too fun because of how mushy the plane gets at the low speed and the high AOA makes it so hard to see. I actually enjoy it much more with the Cattaneo T45!

Another fun one was trying to get the Caravan and Mooney into the Bear Gulch addon airstrip. THAT took a LOT of tries!

Tim_Horton
May 7th, 2010, 21:43
I have always told the guys on Multiplayer trying to stick a 18 on the deck to practice in the 150 as you have time to think more about your approach and angle and get it right, Plus you can't really screw it up, well there is no power to get you out safe, but the training premise is still there. Most guys have no prob in the 18 after few runs on a slower craft. Use the Beaver X, you can hover like a Heli over the deck, even hover into position and set it down on the elevator!