PDA

View Full Version : RAF Mk II Thunderbolt skins for FDG2 - NEW - CFS2/FS9

revev
May 6th, 2010, 16:59
:wavey:
Hi folks,

I have just begun to paint a series of FDG2 skins, in camo, for the Mk II (P47) RAF Thunderbolts. I posted on the FS9 forum, and received one reply. I'll try this forum and see if there is any interest. If not, I will finish up the ones I started, upload, and scrap the idea.

If you are interested, Let me know.

I have the ADoR and the AWoP nearly ready for upload.

Enjoy!

sc7500
May 6th, 2010, 18:09
Rev, I just spent the evening tweaking the files and contact points on the Alpha P-47D (RAF)... and was wondering if there was a British equivalent for the FDG(2) planes...

I'd like to say YES, PLEASE !!!

Thanx In Advance :salute:
SC
:kilroy:

revev
May 6th, 2010, 19:38
Well, hang in there SC, should be something up there for you in a few days. I'll post when the files are up.:salute:

Typhoon Willy
May 7th, 2010, 01:15
Hi Revev,

Yes, please do! Love your work, glad to see you back in the basement!

Kind regards,

TW

Jagdflieger
May 7th, 2010, 03:49
Rev,

Good to see you down in the basement again.

I haven't used the FDG P-47 in a while, but some new skins should get my crew chief busy and get the Jug out of the hangar.

tonybones2112
May 7th, 2010, 04:04
You have my vote Rev. I just downloaded the FDG Thunderbolt and am waiting.

Bones

hewman100
May 7th, 2010, 04:05
Of course we're interested Evan! Great to see you back here again:wavey:

tonybones2112
May 7th, 2010, 04:09
Rev, I just spent the evening tweaking the files and contact points on the Alpha P-47D (RAF)... and was wondering if there was a British equivalent for the FDG(2) planes...

I'd like to say YES, PLEASE !!!

Thanx In Advance :salute:
SC

I got the alpha(payware) P-47 SC. You gonna upload the tweaks?

Bones

revev
May 7th, 2010, 08:34
I got the alpha(payware) P-47 SC. You gonna upload the tweaks?

Bones

Well, I don't know what the needed tweaks would be, and I need to work through the project I'm on right now before taking on another project. But . . . if I can help, and have the time, just give a holler.

revev
May 7th, 2010, 08:41
I just noticed that the FDG2 P47 model that I have is the Razorback and that I do not have the Bubble Top model. I've already finished a Mk II paint, and I'm flying it on a Mk I model. Can anyone help me out here? I don't know why I haven't the Bubble Top model, but my project goes on hold until I can locate the missing model. :icon34:

Jagdflieger
May 7th, 2010, 08:53
Rev,

I'm pretty sure the FDGv2 Thunderbolt came only as a razor back. They had an N model bubble top, but it didn't have a VC as I recall and was an older model.

sc7500
May 7th, 2010, 08:57
...I don't know what the needed tweaks would be...

T-Bone was asking for [I]Me to send him the files *I* tweaked, Rev - already on the way to his email...

No Worries !
SC

Bill Kestell
May 7th, 2010, 09:13
C'mon, Rev ... you KNOW I'm always interested! Bring 'em on!:jump:

miamieagle
May 7th, 2010, 13:15
I'am Intersted as well!

Thank you!

bearcat241
May 7th, 2010, 15:02
Rev, the KM Thunderbolt Mk.II has for the longest been the only native Commonwealth P-47 for the PTO -- and its a Mk.II bubble top. I would surely appreciate some more variety in Commonwealth Jugs for the PTO, especially an early razorback MK.I. of the FDG2 flavor.

CheerZ! :icon29:

revev
May 7th, 2010, 15:57
This makes it a little tough . . . as I only find very few green & brown camo MK I's (a modification that took days), but there are several MK I's in bare metal and green. To give more Razorback skins, I would have to spend forever repainting a base skin. Perhaps someone out there could send photos or illustrations of more G&B camo MK I's. That way I could churn out a bunch more without spending the nice summer days tied up in the paintshop. I guess the Bubble Top question has been answered, so I won't be worried about painting any of them. If nobody minds, the AWoP being painted on a MK I skin, I'll upload it, also. Hey, it will give you another horse in the stable, even if it is the wrong breed.

Has anyone have the problem of being subscribed to threads and not receiving notification? For some reason I can be subscribed but I am not notified. This means I have to do a search every so often to find if my threads are being visited.

Enjoy!

revev
May 9th, 2010, 17:57
Hey you folks out there in Simlandia. I have just uploaded four (4) RAF Mk. I (P47) Razorback skins for the FDG2 model. You will find the AWoP (which in actuality was a MK II Bubble Top) has been painted on the Razorback model, as there seems not to be a FDG2 MK II model (at least I can't find one, and others have advised me that there was none).

I will need some time to rework my template so as to be able to crank out a few more varieties of the MK I Thunderbolt.

These skins will work on the CFS2 and FS9 simulators.

Enjoy!

revev
May 9th, 2010, 18:30
Hey you folks out there in Simlandia. I have just uploaded four (4) RAF Mk. I (P47) Razorback skins for the FDG2 model. You will find the AWoP (which in actuality was a MK II Bubble Top) has been painted on the Razorback model, as the seems not to be a FDG2 MK II model (at least I can't find one, and others have advised me that there was none).

I will need some time to rework my template so as to be able to crank out a few more varieties of the MK I Thunderbolt.

These skins will work on the CFS2 and FS9 simulators.

I noticed that I made a boo-boo in uploading. I uploaded the wrong image file for the GQoR. Does anyone know how to correct this?

Enjoy!

revev
May 9th, 2010, 18:54
OK - - - Four of these new skins are now up there. We'll see how many hits they muster. If they don't seem to catch on, I think I will just forget adding anymore of them.

Hope they fly off the shelf!

Enjoy!

:jump:

UncleTgt
May 10th, 2010, 00:41
Many thanks, the CBI can always use some more high quality skins.

I'll check my references, see if I can come up with any different a/c ...:wavey:

hewman100
May 10th, 2010, 01:42
I'll have a shuftie too, I'm sure I've got some more somewhere.

Rami
May 10th, 2010, 03:06
Revev,

Outstanding, great work! :ernae:

hewman100
May 11th, 2010, 04:35
Rev, I've found lots of code/serial combos. Information also shows that 258 Sqn had red/white checked cowls for a time instead of just plain white. I'll e-mail you the list and then you just need to make the choices!

revev
May 11th, 2010, 12:53
hewman100, I got your email, thanks for the info.

It's not that I'm ignoring you guys, it's just that the "instant email notification" doesn't work for me. I suppose I'll have to be a pain-in-the-neck and bother someone on staff, so as to get this figured out.

I have some new MK I's on hold, I need to tackle the checkerboard cowl, and I think I need to tint the texture file a little more toward the light brown - - - right?

Enjoy!

revev
May 14th, 2010, 16:53
The new skins--all eight of them have just been uploaded. They are all of Squadron 258, SEAC.

Enjoy!

Jagdflieger
May 14th, 2010, 17:32
Thanks Rev!

delta_lima
May 18th, 2010, 18:58
Evan - many, many thanks - in more than words can say!

dl

Thudman
May 19th, 2010, 13:44
They also work in CFS3. The mapping is the same as the stock MS P47D.

Thanks for the new skins. I really like them.