PDA

View Full Version : IRIS F/A-39 Vortex

Flyboy208
May 5th, 2010, 20:55
Thanks RL-201 for pointing me in the right direction for some great fictional repaints ....

Mike :salute:

expat
April 7th, 2011, 03:12
Happened to be looking for these and spotted this surfing.

Can you or anyone give me any links for such paints? Also, do you know if the IRIS EAP/Vortex/etc actually has a visible animated tailhook? I have seen it on a payware board where it is still for sale for $38 but this one went payware last year - or are there two versions??

Cool aircraft - saw the EAP perform at Farnborough in 1986 and met Gen Chuck Yeager as well ..

Matt Wynn
April 7th, 2011, 04:00
Cool aircraft - saw the EAP perform at Farnborough in 1986 and met Gen Chuck Yeager as well ..

only paints i use are in the pack but i'm planning to do a plethora once my IRIS work is done.

the demo at Farnbrough in '86 (just under 2 years before my birth) was that the display where she pretty much flew rings around all the other competitors and more or less stood on her tail?

if you search 'vortex' on flightsim.com theres a load :salute:

expat
April 7th, 2011, 04:09
Thanks Smoothie

the demo at Farnbrough in '86 (just under 2 years before my birth) was that the display where she pretty much flew rings around all the other competitors and more or less stood on her tail?

That was the one. Had some stiff competition, e.g. Rafale, too. Never forgotten that flight profile.

As the IRIS site still seems to be down - do you know if there is both a freeware and payware version of the EAP?

The freeware models I picked up at simaviation do not include the F/A-39 "Vortex" naval model (model="n___" I believe) version which is the one I am after. My impression was there was only ever one version and it went freeware last year (thanks IRIS!), but I found a site today that may be still selling it (?).

Regards,

expat

WarHorse47
April 7th, 2011, 04:37
Also, do you know if the IRIS EAP/Vortex/etc actually has a visible animated tailhook?

I believe so..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/EAP%20Series/EAP10.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a185/WarHorse47/EAP%20Series/EAP09.jpg

--WH

AndyG43
April 7th, 2011, 04:48

It was an impressive performance, definitely one of the stand outs of that years show. The performance was all the more impressive when you consider this was just a technology demonstrator, and a private venture at that - and a large percentage of the fuselage (and the fin) were pretty much standard Tornado components.

Matt Wynn
April 7th, 2011, 05:05
yeah, thats a fact most overlook, the private venture part... at least features still live on today in the Typhoon, EAP was much quicker to react to manouvres give the fact the canards weren't as far forwards as Typhoon, still great aircraft and great to have in sim... always in my FS, never gets removed :wiggle:

expat
April 7th, 2011, 07:04
Just wish I could find that Vortex model to download but only seems available at the IRIS site which is still down . .

Matt Wynn
April 7th, 2011, 08:17
expat give me an hour and i'll have it on my site for temporary download...

EDIT: uploading to Flightsim.com... expect it soon!

expat
April 8th, 2011, 00:30
Thanks. The willingness of people here to lend a helping hand is what makes the SOH great.

Matt Wynn
April 8th, 2011, 01:33
expat, i uploaded here also so it should be amongst the other IRIS Stuff i have uploaded in the past on behalf of IRIS, eyes peeled for it shortly :salute:

Matt Wynn
April 8th, 2011, 20:02
ok EAP is now available for you all! :salute: