PDA

View Full Version : 'Apple Execs "Thin Skinned"...?'

Panther_99FS
May 5th, 2010, 20:02
http://www.csmonitor.com/Innovation/Horizons/2010/0505/After-the-Ellen-DeGeneres-iPhone-dust-up-does-Apple-need-to-lighten-up

tigisfat
May 5th, 2010, 20:20
We keep going back and forth on this, but Apple has a right to protect their property and secret intellectual assets. That prototype's secrets could be worth billions, affecting employees and shareholders. The whole thing is a mess. I don't think anyone at Gizmodo should be looked at for criminal charges, but Apple has a right to be on top of it like crazy.

Lionheart
May 5th, 2010, 20:54
I dont think its good for Apples image to be going after 'everyone'.

They need to learn to roll with the punches, laugh it off..

It 'was' so well done, that people thought it was advertising, but they are going to turn it into a witch hunt and I dont think that is good advertising.

Yes, they need to protect their property and technology. The fact that the kids may have sold photos and things to groups like Nokia could be seriously bad... but Ellen??? not good.

TARPSBird
May 5th, 2010, 22:00
Ellen's apology was just as funny as the original parody:
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2010/05/ellens_iphone_commercial_update_vod_0504.php
Apple needs to lighten up. Ellen's bit was just in fun, and anyway you know at this very moment somebody is cussing out their iPhone because they don't know how to work some feature on it. :d

NoNewMessages
May 5th, 2010, 22:20
Use to be people routed for Apple because they were the David v Goliath? Read something about Apple is now the third highest capitalized company in the U.S., ahead of others like G.M. I forget the financial terminology used. Point being, nowadays they are the Goliath!

Panther_99FS
May 6th, 2010, 05:40
Agreed,
The way Apple Execs came down on Ellen DeGeneres because of a JOKE shows a severe case of being thin-skinned....Especially when their commercials mock Bill Gates....

MCDesigns
May 6th, 2010, 06:12
Agreed,
The way Apple Execs came down on Ellen DeGeneres because of a JOKE shows a severe case of being thin-skinned....Especially when their commercials mock Bill Gates....

Agreed, can you say HYPOCRITE!? I make fun of Apple daily, still waiting for them to contact me "sigh"

cheezyflier
May 6th, 2010, 06:21
Agreed, can you say HYPOCRITE!? I make fun of Apple daily, still waiting for them to contact me "sigh"
7017now i have a new desktop! thanks!:wavey:

Lionheart
May 6th, 2010, 06:28
Agreed,

Yep.. As much as I like Apple, that was uncalled for.

Anyone notice that Apple.com was offline last night? iTunes also went offline... odd.. .

Bill

Cratermaker
May 6th, 2010, 06:52
Ain't no such thing as bad publicity!

The haters still hate, the lovers still love, and the undecided wander in to an Apple store to see what the fuss is about. Cha-ching! :icon_lol: