PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Windows 7 Next-Gen Graphics

GT182
November 11th, 2008, 16:27
ExtremeTech is talking about the next-gen graphics for Windows 7. DX11 will also be out with Windows7 and will work with Vista too.... there goes our new graphics cards.

Read about it here.... http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,2845,2334154,00.asp

Lionheart
November 11th, 2008, 16:35
Instead of buying graphics cards and bigger chips every year, why not just get an Apple....

I dont mean to moan, but this entire scenario with graphics cards.. arrghh.. mumble mumble. mumble.. mumble.. eer. garrghh.. errghh err. grumbly moan.. mumble..

MS: 'Get the new graphics cards when they come out! Then it will work like glass... That with our new DX that isnt out yet, it will work proper!'

Two months later.. 'Ahhhh.. its not using the second chip. Get a Quad Core....! That will help it, and DR3 Ram too!'

Four months later... 'Ahhh.. yes, the GC isnt working because we changed things. Get the next one that comes out in 3 more months... '

Seven months later... 'Ahhh.. yes.. Our most powerful GC on Earth!' Gives you about 5 to 10 FPS more then that one you originally had 1 year ago! Awesome!'

12 months later... 'Ahhh... yes. Its the OS too. We are rushing to replace it with the most ultimate OS ever! And it has another DX too! Brilliant, yes? Stay tuned'

GT182
November 11th, 2008, 16:46
I know what ya mean Bill. They're always out to get ya.... and your money too.

I've decided to build one last computer. After that all my money goes into my GTO. Well, money the Warden lets me use for it. I don't have to upgrade that as often and it ends up more valuable as time goes on. Not the other way around as with our computers.

Besides, it's more fun to go to a car show or cruise night. I've never been to a computer show and don't plan on it.... it doesn't sound to be as much fun. ;)

jmig
November 11th, 2008, 17:25
Instead of buying graphics cards and bigger chips every year, why not just get an Apple....

I dont mean to moan, but this entire scenario with graphics cards.. arrghh.. mumble mumble. mumble.. mumble.. eer. garrghh.. errghh err. grumbly moan.. mumble..

MS: 'Get the new graphics cards when they come out! Then it will work like glass... That with our new DX that isnt out yet, it will work proper!'

Two months later.. 'Ahhhh.. its not using the second chip. Get a Quad Core....! That will help it, and DR3 Ram too!'

Four months later... 'Ahhh.. yes, the GC isnt working because we changed things. Get the next one that comes out in 3 more months... '

Seven months later... 'Ahhh.. yes.. Our most powerful GC on Earth!' Gives you about 5 to 10 FPS more then that one you originally had 1 year ago! Awesome!'

12 months later... 'Ahhh... yes. Its the OS too. We are rushing to replace it with the most ultimate OS ever! And it has another DX too! Brilliant, yes? Stay tuned'

:costumes: :costumes: :costumes:

AckAck
November 11th, 2008, 20:03

Because when Apple comes out with something new, you have to throw out the whole thing and buy a new one... You CAN'T upgrade your components, because there aren't any.

Brian

Lionheart
November 11th, 2008, 21:12
Because when Apple comes out with something new, you have to throw out the whole thing and buy a new one... You CAN'T upgrade your components, because there aren't any.

Brian

Ok... No one told me that.

Bill

EDIT: Arent Apple selling their OS outright? You can create a computer and load up Leapard on your new rig.... I have seen this...

If I am correct, it means that Apple is joining the world in which you can make your own computer and place Apple OS on it. That is what I have seen. I could be wrong... (I hope I am not, I have been wanting to try it out).

AckAck
November 11th, 2008, 21:27
I may be wrong, although that has been the case in the past (disposable computers). Although the Mac Pro line looks like it might be upgradable...

Brian