PDA

View Full Version : AI Flight Planner: converting WOAI traffic to FSX format... doesn't work :/

Daube
May 5th, 2010, 10:05
Hi all,

I'm using FSX Acceleration, and I have installed some AI traffic packages from Worl of AI (WOAI).
It works perfectly, I have installed some of the major companies from all over the world, in order to see planes flying a little bit everywhere.

Recently, I remembered about this bug that disables the boat traffic with FS9-format AI traffic is installed, and I read somewhere that it was possible to convert this FS9 traffic to FSX format. To do so, I used AI Flight Planner (AIFP) by Don Grovestine. This tools allows a very easy and fast convertion.

Now, my boats are back on the oceans :jump:
But my American airports are empty :isadizzy:
I checked again, by removing the FSX traffic and adding the FS9 traffic, Kennedy Intl is pretty busy. But when I switch back to the FSX traffic, the airport gets completely empty !

What did I do wrong ? Anybody here has experienced problems with this tool ?
Perhaps you have some other freeware tool to recommend me ?

Naismith
May 5th, 2010, 10:39
Hi all,

I'm using FSX Acceleration, and I have installed some AI traffic packages from Worl of AI (WOAI).
It works perfectly, I have installed some of the major companies from all over the world, in order to see planes flying a little bit everywhere.

Recently, I remembered about this bug that disables the boat traffic with FS9-format AI traffic is installed, and I read somewhere that it was possible to convert this FS9 traffic to FSX format. To do so, I used AI Flight Planner (AIFP) by Don Grovestine. This tools allows a very easy and fast convertion.

Now, my boats are back on the oceans :jump:
But my American airports are empty :isadizzy:
I checked again, by removing the FSX traffic and adding the FS9 traffic, Kennedy Intl is pretty busy. But when I switch back to the FSX traffic, the airport gets completely empty !

What did I do wrong ? Anybody here has experienced problems with this tool ?
Perhaps you have some other freeware tool to recommend me ?

Good guide here http://www.militaryaiworks.com/

guzler
May 5th, 2010, 14:14
I use it alot with FSX Acceleration and Win 7, so not sure what you are doing wrong as it works fine with my setup.

Hope you get it sorted.

gradyhappyg
May 5th, 2010, 14:23
That bug also effects AI air traffic if you want to use default traffic and WOIA together you will also have to convert the WOIA BGLs to FSX format. At least I did to get everything working.

Cactuskid
May 5th, 2010, 20:55
That bug also effects AI air traffic if you want to use default traffic and WOIA together you will also have to convert the WOIA BGLs to FSX format. At least I did to get everything working.

Even though you convert the WoAI and MAIW traffic bgl's to FSX, they still bump the default AI (not that that's entirely a bad thing). They do not affect my boat and road traffic, just default aircraft AI. For this reason, all my add-on traffic bgl's are in separate files in the add-on scenery library, rather than scenery/world/scenery. I have separate ones for civilian and GA, and for military traffic. That way, I can disable the add-on traffic which can cause included traffic from Tongass Fjords and some other scenery packages that include AI not to show. The most important thing is that no unconverted FS9 traffic bgl's are active in FSX.

gavinc
May 6th, 2010, 00:34
Hi,
It sounds like you are doing everything correctly. I have converted lots of FS9 AI traffic to FSX using AI Flight Planner and it works flawlessly.

You need to make sure that you have converted every FS9 flightplan bgl to FSX, even 1 old format bgl will block all fsx format bgls.

I have been bitten a couple of times with FS9 format ai traffic that is part of a scenery package.

Gavin

Daube
May 6th, 2010, 00:55
Thanks for the answers :)

Gavin, it seems to me that I have selected every single FS9 traffic file. The tool will display them anyway, there's a window where you can flag them, and the files that are already in FSX format are not displayed.

I'm thinking that perhaps there are some other FS9 traffic files in the other folders, like somewhere in addon sceneries\ ?
I didn't know that FS9 traffic files would disable also the FSX air traffic. I mean, I have disabled the default FSX traffic anyway, but I thought that even with FS9 traffic aside, additionnal FSX traffic would work normally. I though only the boat traffic was affected by this bug...

This is interesting, it seems that I'll have to go through my addon sceneries, hunting for FS9 traffic there. Thanks for the info :salute: