PDA

View Full Version : INCREDIBLE value payware in here!

Skittles
May 3rd, 2010, 15:20
http://secure.simmarket.com/flight-dynamix-lcc-f-16-glass-%28single-display%29.phtml

Only 7,568.40 Euros!

falcon409
May 3rd, 2010, 15:30
Gosh, I may have to get two of those for that price. . .one for me and one for my invisible friend, lol, lol.:isadizzy:

MudMarine
May 3rd, 2010, 15:33
10,000 bucks US!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_l ol::icon_lol:

Ken Stallings
May 3rd, 2010, 15:35
Unbelievable!

If I had not seen it, I would have thought this was a joke!

In reality, it is a joke!

Take that kind of money, and go earn your real world pilots license, and have enough money left over for about two years of rental fees to fly!

Ken

Prowler1111
May 3rd, 2010, 15:38
Well..at least 3 persons bought it!..or so says the "Customers who bought this product also purchased" ...

Now..this is something..:jump:

Prowler

Skittles
May 3rd, 2010, 15:38
For that kind of money I'd be thinking about actual F-16's.

Ferry_vO
May 3rd, 2010, 15:53
At least it has a very easy going reinstall policy in case you change your hardware:

(Note: Each time you install F-16Glass on another computer, another copy of F-16Glass must be purchased)

Cirrus N210MS
May 3rd, 2010, 16:03
thats crazy

bazzar
May 3rd, 2010, 16:03
Has to be a misprint. 76 euros is more likely though still a little steep I think.:engel016:

tigisfat
May 3rd, 2010, 16:04
http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/IMG_0941.jpg

I didn't read anyone's comments before I followed the link. I just saw the picture and I figured this'd be another case of 'Tigisfat is the only one that hates it'. I honestly expected you guys to be discussing it's virtues, and I had already been debating on whether to even post or not. I wouldn't have been able to control myself. :icon_lol:

tigisfat
May 3rd, 2010, 16:07
Well..at least 3 persons bought it!..or so says the "Customers who bought this product also purchased" ...

Now..this is something..:jump:

Prowler

STOP!! I can't take it anymore!! I'm going to pee my pants!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! I'm imagining someone with this stupid piece of software holding on to that collective pitch lever!!:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::ic on_lol:

FAC257
May 3rd, 2010, 16:32
For only 5,000.40 Euros.....

I've got both an original mint condition hardbound copy of Falcon4.0, the original Prima Falcon4.0 Strategy Guide, and a copy of Falcon4.0 Allied Force.

And if you order within the next 15 minutes. I'll throw in a pair of near mint condition Thrustmaster FLCS/TQS setups, one is analog and the other has the digital chip conversion.

At least you'll get a little more of an F-16 representation for your cash. :)

FAC

Ark
May 3rd, 2010, 19:19
I am pretty sure some items are listed like that so people do not buy them, i.e., they are discontinued products. When I worked at CompUSA a log time ago, we used to do the same thing with the prices in the database of items no longer available but were still listed in our system. Simmarket is not the only site that does that with price listings.

robcap
May 3rd, 2010, 21:45
...and I figured this'd be another case of 'Tigisfat is the only one that hates it'... No Tig, not this time, heheh, geez, it's only a set of gauges....

some1
May 3rd, 2010, 22:40
When you follow the link to the company site, you'll see that they offer products to enterprise clients (USAF, Lockheed, Boeing), so there is a chance that everything they do is overpriced several hundred times by our standards. Sweet work for the goverment money.

Anyway, what they do is millions dollars cheaper than full blown 'real' simulators. Literally millions.

Skittles
May 3rd, 2010, 23:54
When you follow the link to the company site, you'll see that they offer products to enterprise clients (USAF, Lockheed, Boeing), so there is a chance that everything they do is overpriced several hundred times by our standards. Sweet work for the goverment money.

Anyway, what they do is millions dollars cheaper than full blown 'real' simulators. Literally millions.

Yeah I had a look at their website.

For a full fledged, military spec simulator, that much money isn't really that extravagant. For a dumbed down FSX compatible version though?!

How much does the VRS superbug sell for again?

warchild
May 4th, 2010, 00:16
So the real world sim market is getting so bad they have to start publishing for flight sim as well?? Thats getting pretty bad.. heh, i wonder if they found a way to intermix ESP with FSX??

centuryseries
May 4th, 2010, 09:35
What a cockpit and no exterior lol

For that much you'd at least expect it to be on a CD/DVD at the least!!!

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 10:45
Well, in the european (at least german) decimal system this stuff would cost just seven Euros and about sixty cents. Still ridiculously much for just a set of gauges but way better than what native english speakers would have to pay. :d

Skittles
May 4th, 2010, 10:47
Well, in the european (at least german) decimal system this stuff would cost just seven Euros and about sixty cents. Still ridiculously much for just a set of gauges but way better than what native english speakers would have to pay. :d

That would be true if it didn't have two decimal points in it lol.

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 11:18
That would be true if it didn't have two decimal points in it lol. Actually, the dot serves the same purpose in Germany as the comma in the english speaking world, so to me it would be just an incredibly accurately calculated price. :d

stiz
May 4th, 2010, 13:03
why is it that whenever a developer releases something all you see is people moaning about the price, i mean come on chaps, its only $8526.85 for you USA guys seeing as how you dont have to pay VAT!!! :kilroy:

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

tigisfat
May 4th, 2010, 16:40
Look, I get tired of people whining about price too. These people should ask whatever they want, and you should all pay it. We should grovel at their feet for having produced this software. I'm off to buy it now coughnotreallyCOUGH. I buy everything ever made just to support the community, and you should too.

Think about the labor that went into this. Someone spent hundreds of hours building it, and all we do is complain? How about some positive remarks? Why can't we thank them for their work? They have to at LEAST recover the 100 dollars they have invested here. If we keep dogging worthless 10,000 quid products, then we won't have them anymore, you'll see.

N2056
May 4th, 2010, 16:47
P.T. Barnum was right! :d

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 17:24
Look, I get tired of people whining about price too. These people should ask whatever they want, and you should all pay it. We should grovel at their feet for having produced this software. I'm off to buy it now coughnotreallyCOUGH. I buy everything ever made just to support the community, and you should too.

Think about the labor that went into this. Someone spent hundreds of hours building it, and all we do is complain? How about some positive remarks? Why can't we thank them for their work? They have to at LEAST recover the 100 dollars they have invested here. If we keep dogging worthless 10,000 quid products, then we won't have them anymore, you'll see.

Please tell me you forgot the smileys (again), Tig...PLEEEEEEASE! (I *am* reading a bit of sarcasm into this, but I want to be sure!)

tigisfat
May 4th, 2010, 18:38
Please tell me you forgot the smileys (again), Tig...PLEEEEEEASE! (I *am* reading a bit of sarcasm into this, but I want to be sure!)

Of course I'm being sarcastic. I was emulating and channeling what the fanboys used to say about Alphasim's first 50 dollar aircrafts with no systems modelling, no features and unclickable VCs.:engel016:

Ken Stallings
May 4th, 2010, 20:27
One quick point, regarding military spec flight simulators, they cost a whole lot because it's not merely the software but also the hardware. They use spec'd stuff like actual seats, instruments, and controls.

Also, the amount of algorithms running on those military simulators is gargantuan compared to FSX.

So, you get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Ken

tigisfat
May 4th, 2010, 20:33
One quick point, regarding military spec flight simulators, they cost a whole lot because it's not merely the software but also the hardware. They use spec'd stuff like actual seats, instruments, and controls.

Also, the amount of algorithms running on those military simulators is gargantuan compared to FSX.

So, you get what you pay for.

Cheers,

Ken

This is only software, and not milspec'd to boot. I think there's a unanimous decision that you're not getting what you pay for here.

Bjoern
May 7th, 2010, 10:23
Of course I'm being sarcastic. I was emulating and channeling what the fanboys used to say about Alphasim's first 50 dollar aircrafts with no systems modelling, no features and unclickable VCs.:engel016:

Good...very good. Phew! :d

d0mokun
May 7th, 2010, 10:30

IF only things cost $100 to make ;)

Bjoern
May 7th, 2010, 10:31
IF only things cost $100 to make ;)

Current cost of my Do-328: $0.

Even if I *had* to get a POM for 60 bucks, I wouldn't roll it off on the end user.
I love this aircraft too much for that.