Great to be on the beach....

Thank God for summer...

Whew!!

Curtis P40
May 3rd, 2010, 15:03
"Great to be on the beach" I didn't need that :d

Snuffy
May 3rd, 2010, 15:05
Damn fuss and bother is what it is ... was 94 here with a feels like temperature of 100/101.

I can't like it in the least, and despite living 8 miles from the nearest beach I've never been, don't care to go. To freaking hot.

I really need to move back north. :kilroy:

Lionheart
May 3rd, 2010, 15:27
I am with Snuffins... I dislike the high heat. You can love it all you want though ChaCha... Soke it up! Enjoy.. Turn off the Airconditioning and roll down the windows.. Lay out in that intense heat and humidity... (eeeks! ). I'll set here in front of my AC vent, taking in the cool air, lol...

Bill

Chacha
May 3rd, 2010, 16:02
I am with Snuffins... I dislike the high heat. You can love it all you want though ChaCha... Soke it up! Enjoy.. Turn off the Airconditioning and roll down the windows.. Lay out in that intense heat and humidity... (eeeks! ). I'll set here in front of my AC vent, taking in the cool air, lol...

Bill

Hey,

I am glad I have AC in my car
AC in my home.
and AC at the work place.

I live in Florida,
And I can't be complaining of the heat all the time.

Thank God for airconditioning...
Come on guys,
Let me appreciate the warm weather and the cold AC's...

And when it is cold here in Florida,
Let me appreciate the cold weather winter brings and enjoy the warmth of my heater....

Snuffy
May 3rd, 2010, 16:13
Hey,

I am glad I have AC in my car
AC in my home.
and AC at the work place.

I live in Florida,
And I can't be complaining of the heat all the time.

Thank God for airconditioning...
Come on guys,
Let me be appreciate the warm weather and the cold AC's...

And when it is cold here in Florida,
Let me appreciate the cold weather winter brings and enjoy the warmth of my heater....

Fine! LOL! :bump:

Enjoy it quietly. LOL.

Let those of us who suffer suffer in solitude! :icon_lol:

Toastmaker
May 3rd, 2010, 16:21
Look, repeat after me. . . "heat is good - cold is bad !" Ok, go ahead. . .

Your body works very hard and precisely to keep you at 98.6 F. Anything less than that must be bad for you - obviously ! Therefore, winter is a bad thing, not good for humans and completely useless in general.

Growing up in and loving the tropics, there are only two seasons for me; Summer and Not Summer. It just doesn't get hot enough for the old Toaster !!

:running:

Willy
May 3rd, 2010, 16:22
I moved north to Tennessee (almost in Kentucky) and don't miss the heat on the Texas stateline for nothing.

Toast, I figure that I can always put on more clothes to stay warm, but can only take off so much in trying to stay cool.

Snuffy
May 3rd, 2010, 16:25
Look, repeat after me. . . "heat is good - cold is bad !" Ok, go ahead. . .

Yer nutz too ... is that what you wanted to hear? LOL! :bump:

... Your body works very hard and precisely to keep you at 98.6 F. Anything less than that must be bad for you - obviously ! Therefore, winter is a bad thing, not good for humans and completely useless in general. ...

Actually without getting into specifics, my body doesn't work that hard to maintain 98.6 .. in fact 90 percent of the time my body registers 99.8 consistently. I NEED THE COLD! EVERY time I got to the Dr.s office they ask me if I'm feeling okay when they take my temp ... :rolleyes:

Growing up in and loving the tropics, there are only two seasons for me; Summer and Not Summer. It just doesn't get hot enough for the old Toaster !!

I'll trade ya residences then.

Toastmaker
May 3rd, 2010, 16:27
But Willy - any little incentive to consider gettin' nekid can't be all bad, no ?

BurningBeard
May 3rd, 2010, 16:30
Well, around here when it gets to 115 it feels like 115, unless of course if there is a breeze, then it feels a little hotter. I love it when it is 90+, cold for me is 70.

Beard

Toastmaker
May 3rd, 2010, 16:30
Yer nutz too ... is that what you wanted to hear? LOL! :bump:

Actually without getting into specifics, my body doesn't work that hard to maintain 98.6 .. in fact 90 percent of the time my body registers 99.8 consistently. I NEED THE COLD! EVERY time I got to the Dr.s office they ask me if I'm feeling okay when they take my temp ... :rolleyes:

I'll trade ya residences then.

That's just because you're warm for the nurse. . . and if you lived in So. Florida, I'd make the trade - you know, between Miami and Marathon Key !

Lionheart
May 3rd, 2010, 19:28
I remember a couple of years ago, tight on money, I had the AC up to save costs. I would wake up at night, couldnt sleep from overheating. I would spritz myself with a water bottle and stand in front of the fan, lolol...

Once, I went downtown, had to set in a car line for about 20 or 30 min's. No water, about 120 out, no AC in the car. Finally got going and remember holding my head out the window to cool off, and praying to God that I wouldnt pass out. I was beginning to have the signs of going out, so man, getting on the freeway really helped cool me down. I was wondering when I should actually call it and pull over to keep from passing out 'at speed'. That would be horrible on a freeway...

Oh I dread the heat..

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 11:19
Nine degrees celsius here today. Didn't stop me from going running in shorts and t-shirt though. :d

Navy Chief
May 4th, 2010, 12:37
Here's the thing. When it's cold, you put on more clothes; no problem.

When it's hot, you take off clothes, but not too many, or you get arrested!

Me? I don't mind warm temperatures, but when they reach over 85, I head inside for the a/c. Weird thing is, we didn't have a/c in our house when growing up in Indy. And the a/c worked haphazardly on board ship (no surprise there). But now that I have it, I don't skimp on using it; especially at night. If I am not cool, I ain't sleepin'!!!

NC

Henry
May 4th, 2010, 12:49
its too early i need a few weeks to have no heat and AC
catch up time
back to $300.00 cooling bills:ichile:
H

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 13:35
Weird thing is, we didn't have a/c in our house when growing up in Indy. And the a/c worked haphazardly on board ship (no surprise there). But now that I have it, I don't skimp on using it; especially at night. If I am not cool, I ain't sleepin'!!!

Ugh, I hate air conditioning. Makes the air so dry your contacts turn from soft plastic into dry glass. It also makes you prone to sneezes/sore throats if it provides a huge temperature difference to outside.

I prefer just having my window open. Makes life a bit tough without a mosquito net, but ah well, that's what summer is about. Making the best of the heat and fighting bugs. :icon_lol:

Fortunately, my first floor apartment is always fairly cool, which is good during summers, but bad during winters. Waking up with five degrees celsius in the room ain't fairly pleasant. :|

BurningBeard
May 4th, 2010, 15:00
I dislike air conditioning also, but I'm married so it is set at 80. I find it dries out my sinuses and clogs up my nose. The best augmentation to air conditioning is ceiling fans, you can leave the setting higher and the air movement will cool you.

When growing up here it was common to have swamp (evaporation) coolers. They are quite efficient and work well up to around 110 but after that not so well. The best system I had was a swamp cooler that was ducted to each room, like a whole house air conditioner.

Beard

MCDesigns
May 4th, 2010, 15:22
Some interesting views on the hot and cold in this thread. I am a fall person myself, like jackets and long sleeves. It can get pretty hot in TX and I am so not looking forward to the triple digit temps that will be coming soon. I find the older I get, the more I am about comfort, LOL, It''s 85 here and in my apt it's a comfy 75. Air conditioning has never bothered me or my sinuses in any way, knock on wood.

I hate fans when sleeping, by ex wife swore by them and it drove me nuts. unfortunately, I have a ceiling fan over the bed and the GF loves it, oh well, as long as it's cool, can't sleep if it's hot.

Snuffy
May 4th, 2010, 15:23
Here's the thing. When it's cold, you put on more clothes; no problem.

When it's hot, you take off clothes, but not too many, or you get arrested! ...

And there in lies the solution and the problem. I can't seem to take off enough clothes to stay cool ... :wavey:

Tom Clayton
May 4th, 2010, 15:38
I ride a two-wheeler year-round. In the summer, I do it for enjoyment as much as anything else. In the winter, the only reason I keep it up is because of the fuel savings. Think you can put on enough clothes for the cold? Try defending against 60+MPH when it's only 25°F!

Ugh, I hate air conditioning. Makes the air so dry your contacts turn from soft plastic into dry glass. It also makes you prone to sneezes/sore throats if it provides a huge temperature difference to outside.

I usually keep the heat down to 70°F in the winter, and the A/C at about 78°F in the summer. Even if it gets up to 100°F in the summer, that's only a 22° difference compared to a 50° difference when it dips down to 20°F outside in the winter! The air inside is actually drier in the winter too. The outside cold air contains much less moisture than summer air, and when that dry air is heated the "relative humidity" can drop into single digits! You should see how much quicker water evaporates out of my wife's aquariums during the winter. We have to refill them almost daily during the winter as opposed to every 3-4 days in the summer.

Bjoern
May 4th, 2010, 17:47
The air inside is actually drier in the winter too. The outside cold air contains much less moisture than summer air, and when that dry air is heated the "relative humidity" can drop into single digits! You should see how much quicker water evaporates out of my wife's aquariums during the winter. We have to refill them almost daily during the winter as opposed to every 3-4 days in the summer.

Yes, you're right but I still find (outside) winter air much more bearable than a thoroughly air conditioned room/car/train/airplane.

djscoo
May 4th, 2010, 18:01
It just now started to get hot here too. Fortunately I'm headed to New Mexico for the summer in less than a week. I just checked the forecast, and it's still getting below freezing at night there. I can't wait to get out of this swamp! :running:

Chacha
May 4th, 2010, 20:03
Some interesting views on the hot and cold in this thread. I am a fall person myself, like jackets and long sleeves. It can get pretty hot in TX and I am so not looking forward to the triple digit temps that will be coming soon. I find the older I get, the more I am about comfort, LOL, It''s 85 here and in my apt it's a comfy 75. Air conditioning has never bothered me or my sinuses in any way, knock on wood.

I hate fans when sleeping, by ex wife swore by them and it drove me nuts. unfortunately, I have a ceiling fan over the bed and the GF loves it, oh well, as long as it's cool, can't sleep if it's hot.

Same with me Michael, I can't sleep with fans on. My room has to be on the lower 70's (highest on 74F) I want to be cold and warm at the same time....

I shower in lukewarm water - more cold than hot.... My skin just could not endure too much heat.

... Weird!

I do not have a problem with Florida weather, I do not stay outdoor. I am either in my room or at work has AC all the time. I wear my coat in the office.

I just don't like the hurricane season.... :)