PDA

View Full Version : Muslem CNN

RyanJames170
May 3rd, 2010, 13:53
http://www.youtube.com/user/AlJazeeraEnglish

intresting finde

djscoo
May 3rd, 2010, 14:28
It's spelled "Muslim", and Al Jazeera isn't an Islamic news station. It is a news organization that is based in Qatar and focuses on issues in that region, as well as reporting on international issues.

Ken Stallings
May 3rd, 2010, 14:34
djscoo,

Technically Muslim is more a social culture vice a religion, so the initial observation isn't without accuracy. Islam is the true description of the religion, although to be honest, Islam strives to be more than merely a religion, but also a social engine.

I don't think Al Jazeera is truly an equivalent to CNN. I don't think it's nearly as objective. I could provide details, but that would take this thread into a rough patch no suitable for airing here.

Cheers,

Ken

djscoo
May 3rd, 2010, 14:44
djscoo,

Technically Muslim is as much a social culture as a religion, so the initial observation isn't without accuracy. Islam is the true description of the religion, although to be honest, Islam strives to be more than merely a religion, but also a social engine.

I don't think Al Jazeera is truly an equivalent to CNN. I don't think it's nearly as objective. I could provide details, but that would take this thread into a rough patch no suitable for airing here.

Cheers,

Ken

Muslim is Arabic for "One who submits to God". Islam is the religion, Muslim is the follower. Islam is as much a social engine as any other religion.

Skittles
May 3rd, 2010, 15:06
Ken

Ooh. That hurt inside.

Al-Jazeera is one of the only respectable news sources left! CNN isn't even objective in it's own country, let alone in international matters.

And no it's not Muslim in the slightest.

Toastmaker
May 3rd, 2010, 16:24
djscoo,

Technically Muslim is more a social culture vice a religion, so the initial observation isn't without accuracy. Islam is the true description of the religion, although to be honest, Islam strives to be more than merely a religion, but also a social engine.

Cheers,

Ken

Ha ! I didn't think it would even get this far. . . !

Snuffy
May 3rd, 2010, 16:27
HA! In before the close! *does a little happy dance!*

Ken Stallings
May 3rd, 2010, 16:30
Muslim is Arabic for "One who submits to God". Islam is the religion, Muslim is the follower. Islam is as much a social engine as any other religion.

Frankly, you need to have a fuller understanding of culture in that region. Religion and society there are intertwined to a degree that is complete. I assure you that religion and society within the Muslim world is vastly more intertwined than it is in the secular societies of nations in Europe, North and South America, Pacific Rim, and East Asia with the noteworthy exception of Malaysia, which is much more secular than Muslim societies are.

If you ask the average Muslim whether there is any difference between religion and society in his culture, he would look at you funny and tell you it is one and the same. I have lived in many of these nations, spoken with the people, and assure you they would agree with my understanding of their culture.

Ken

tigisfat
May 3rd, 2010, 16:31
Aimed at noone in particular, but this is where this thread is headed:

http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt32/walkeramerican/forum%20commentary%20pictures/1228025154408.jpg

jmig
May 3rd, 2010, 16:33
Frankly, you need to have a fuller understanding of culture in that region. Religion and society there are intertwined to a degree that is complete. I assure you that religion and society within the Muslim world is vastly more intertwined than it is in the secular societies of nations in Europe, North and South America, Pacific Rim, and East Asia with the noteworthy exception of Malaysia, which is much more secular than Muslim societies are.

If you ask the average Muslim whether there is any difference between religion and society in his culture, he would look at you funny and tell you it is one and the same. I have lived in many of these nations, spoken with the people, and assure you they would agree with my understanding of their culture.

Ken

I agree Ken. However, this isn't the place to discuss Islam, Muslims or any other religion.