PDA

View Full Version : Classics Hangar's civi Messerschmitt

Mathias
May 3rd, 2010, 08:47
Some very early appetizers of our up and coming Me 108 Taifun, the mother of all modern GA aircraft. :-)
Exterior model is about 75% done.
Obviously needs some engine detailing, cockpit modelling and all those hang-tags like nav lights and antennas.
This one will come with two VC flavours, both depicting restored birds that are flying today.
One is widestly restored to historicall conditions (classic German metric gauges) plus some nav aids, the other has modern "imperial" equipment.

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_render_015.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_render_016.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_render_017.jpg

mike_cyul
May 3rd, 2010, 08:53
:) :applause::ernae::ernae:

Mike

Lawman
May 3rd, 2010, 09:06
Sweeeeeeeeet:ernae:. I think Huub will jump for joy:jump:.

Mathias
May 3rd, 2010, 09:14
Thanks guys!

I think Huub will jump for joy:jump:.

I think Huub will be sick from beta-testing by the time we release it. :d

huub vink
May 3rd, 2010, 09:21
This is what you get when you ask Mathias to create an early Messerschmitt...... I was thinking about a Bertha, Caesar or Dora! :d :d :d

;) Huub

Sweeeeeeeeet:ernae:. I think Huub will jump for joy:jump:.

jankees
May 3rd, 2010, 09:26
yummy yummy

Cleartheprop
May 3rd, 2010, 09:29
Looks very promising! another piece of art by Classics Hangar.. :ernae:

Cirrus N210MS
May 3rd, 2010, 09:36
wow nice eheh :salute:

pilottj
May 3rd, 2010, 09:42
looks beautiful, lol now my must get list is getting bigger...better start saving lol.

ES Twinstar
RA Turbo Duke
A2A Mustang
Taifun

Mr.Mugel
May 3rd, 2010, 10:11
Looks great, had a chance to admire the Elly Beinhorn plane at Hahnweide that was standing in the rain before a free spot in the hangar was found. Not too many people were walking around in the rain, got a photo of the hanging V8 engine... That one has a modernized cockpit, too...

JorisVandenBerghe
May 3rd, 2010, 10:15
Having seen the real thing at Duxford last year, I'm glad to see a company starting development of this German beauty, although I'm not into FSX or anything anymore :salute:.

raptor19
May 3rd, 2010, 10:16
Looking Good Mathias, both the Bf108 and your forthcoming Bf110 are top of my list. :salute::salute::salute:

Lewis-A2A
May 3rd, 2010, 10:40
Brilliant! :ernae:

Roger
May 3rd, 2010, 11:23
Can't wait to get some beta stick time in this beauty:jump:

MudMarine
May 3rd, 2010, 11:45
Looks awesome!!:jump::ernae:

Chunk
May 3rd, 2010, 12:03
Wow Mathias, always impressed with your work. If you ever need anymore beta testers, PLEASE let me know...please...LOL :wavey:

Snave
May 3rd, 2010, 12:06
Great to see a `missing link` won't be missing any more! :wiggle:

Ken Stallings
May 3rd, 2010, 12:13
Mathias,

That looks like an outstanding model! I think a lot of people are going to eagerly await its release!

Although, for the title of mother of all modern GA planes, this one is one of the pioneers no doubt, but I think Mr. Taylor and Mr. Piper and their Cub might have a claim also. :engel016:

Cheers,

Ken

Mathias
May 3rd, 2010, 12:24
Thanks everyone!!!

Mathias,

That looks like an outstanding model! I think a lot of people are going to eagerly await its release!

Although, for the title of mother of all modern GA planes, this one is one of the pioneers no doubt, but I think Mr. Taylor and Mr. Piper and their Cub might have a claim also. :engel016:

Cheers,

Ken

He sure, Ken, let them share the title.
Though with 4 seats, retracting gear, auto slats, all metal construction, a 240 hp engine, a cruise speed of 140 knots and handling characterics without any sort of aero-dynamical flaws associated with "vintage" aircraft the Taifun would probably be a bit closer to the crown, don't you think? There are not an awfull lot of GA planes around that have bypassed this one in performance in the past 6 decades.

HundertzehnGustav
May 3rd, 2010, 12:27
a french version/declination? Nord,,,something, 1946 style?

Mathias
May 3rd, 2010, 12:30
a french version/declination? Nord,,,something, 1946 style?

Nope, no Renault engined Penguin.
We do one base version and that's the 108 B with Argus AS 10 and variable pitch prop.
As I said earlier, there'll be two cockpit choices.

HundertzehnGustav
May 3rd, 2010, 12:48
u r right,,,
aint that bootiful anyway, that Nord 1001

http://www.aviafrance.com/image.php?im=1857
:wiggle:

Naki
May 3rd, 2010, 13:24
Nice! There is one based near here where I live with a flat 6(?) Lycoming or Continental engine but I much prefer the orginal in line versions..looking forward to seeing this roll out of the hanger.

Ferry_vO
May 3rd, 2010, 13:34
Looks great Mathias, I still use the old Fs2004 version by Guther Kraemer quite regularly, but a brand new FsX version is very welcome!

Akatsuki
May 3rd, 2010, 14:00
Looking great Mathias! :ernae:
And with your skills i know it will be a must have.

Ian Warren
May 3rd, 2010, 14:07
Nice! There is one based near here where I live with a flat 6(?) Lycoming or Continental engine but
But , but Paul , that one always gets a bandit on its tail and always seems to get shot down:173go1:

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden"><input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

Naki
May 3rd, 2010, 14:11
So true..wonder if Mathias can put the machine gun sound into it! (probably wonders what the heck we are talking about) :kilroy:

Ken Stallings
May 3rd, 2010, 14:21
Thanks everyone!!!

He sure, Ken, let them share the title.
Though with 4 seats, retracting gear, auto slats, all metal construction, a 240 hp engine, a cruise speed of 140 knots and handling characterics without any sort of aero-dynamical flaws associated with "vintage" aircraft the Taifun would probably be a bit closer to the crown, don't you think? There are not an awfull lot of GA planes around that have bypassed this one in performance in the past 6 decades.

To tell the truth, it would look right at home on a civilian airbase today!

In fact, throw on an electric starter, and I wouldn't mind having one right now!

If you took a Bonanza and put it beside an Me-108, they would look strikingly similar. The obvious difference being the Me-108 is a tailwheel aircraft. But, in terms of value and performance it would certainly be a strong GA aircraft even today.

Cheers,

Ken

ptrev
May 3rd, 2010, 16:17
Really looking forward to this one. Is it 240bhp(As10C) or 270bhp (As10E)? more is better I think.
I saw photos of one with wings folded. Is that a standard feature for all models of the Bf108?

Mathias
May 4th, 2010, 00:19
So true..wonder if Mathias can put the machine gun sound into it! (probably wonders what the heck we are talking about) :kilroy:

Something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OZq-tlJTrU
:d

Really looking forward to this one. Is it 240bhp(As10C) or 270bhp (As10E)? more is better I think.
I saw photos of one with wings folded. Is that a standard feature for all models of the Bf108?

As 10 C, ptrev.
And yes, the Me 108 had folding wings for better storage.

empeck
May 4th, 2010, 01:08
And yes, the Me 108 had folding wings for better storage.

Taifun was designed for Challenge 1934 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Challenge_1934) competition. I'm not sure if folding wings were required by regulations, but a team would gain additional score for ease of wings folding. Taifun's counterparts - Polish RWD-9 and PZL-26 also had folding wings.

Naki
May 4th, 2010, 01:25
Something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OZq-tlJTrU
:d

Haha 633 sqn ..the special effects were quite bad werent they but hey I guess it was made 40 or more years ago

Yep the poor old Taifun is our resident German aircraft - gets shot down all the time

http://www.nzwarbirds.org.nz/108a.html

Just a bit OT but related to your clip and your other CH model - its about to be joined in NZ by a Flug Werke FW-190 - set to have its Air Show debut at Omaka next Easter...along with a Mosquito!!!! whoooaa FW-190 v Mosquito anyone!!

http://www.classicfighters.co.nz/classic-fighters-news.htm

grunau_baby
May 4th, 2010, 02:22
What a great anouncement for me!!! Another favourite for FSX comming! Superb:ernae:

Alex

Mathias
May 4th, 2010, 08:53
Haha 633 sqn ..the special effects were quite bad werent they but hey I guess it was made 40 or more years ago

Yep the poor old Taifun is our resident German aircraft - gets shot down all the time

http://www.nzwarbirds.org.nz/108a.html

Just a bit OT but related to your clip and your other CH model - its about to be joined in NZ by a Flug Werke FW-190 - set to have its Air Show debut at Omaka next Easter...along with a Mosquito!!!! whoooaa FW-190 v Mosquito anyone!!

http://www.classicfighters.co.nz/classic-fighters-news.htm

OMG, what did they do to the 108???
Whoever raped it like that deserves to get sued by war court.:isadizzy: :d

ryanbatc
May 4th, 2010, 11:50
How fast does this thing cruise?

Mathias
May 4th, 2010, 11:55
140 knots, ryanbatc.

Cazzie
May 4th, 2010, 12:06
You bet there is a hanger being constructed for that! :ernae:

Caz

Ken Stallings
May 4th, 2010, 17:59
140 knots, ryanbatc.

Indicated or true?

Ken

Dexdoggy
May 4th, 2010, 19:44
Mathias, this looks awesome and will be a beautiful addition for our sim! I got to have a bit of a look at a real one of these at HARS (Historical Aircraft Restoration Society) housed at Wollongong (Australia) - I think it's being restored to flying condition (to join their growing ranks of beautiful aircraft they have including a Catalina, Lockheed Connie, Neptune, DC-3, etc)

danyboy21
May 4th, 2010, 19:57
Sorry, I'm French and speak english very bad

So, excuse me for my laguage

It's a lovely plane.

And where is the Me 110 ?

JorisVandenBerghe
May 4th, 2010, 23:32
Indicated or true?

Ken
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't such data always provided as indicated airspeed ? Since it's nearly impossible to give a true airspeed (it depends on altitude, air density, etc, no ?) for any possible situation...

Edit: learned something new again, thank you Mathias. Just ignore the message above, Ken ;).

Mathias
May 4th, 2010, 23:37
That's the sea level figures from the handbooks, so it would be TAS.
We are not that far yet to provide exact data for different altitudes.

huub vink
May 5th, 2010, 02:10
And where is the Me 110 ?

Common give me a break! ;) Beta testing one aircraft at the time for Mathias is already worse enough :d

But I believe the Bf110 will follow soon after the Taifun.

Cheers,
Huub

doublecool
May 5th, 2010, 02:35
:jump: really looking forward to BOTH

Thanks for the heads up
:ernae:

Mathias
May 5th, 2010, 02:55
Common give me a break! ;) Beta testing one aircraft at the time for Mathias is already worse enough :d

Huub

http://www.classics-hangar.de/privat/crying_baby.jpg

DX-FMJ
May 5th, 2010, 03:28
Can't wait for this one :salute:

Henry
May 5th, 2010, 05:55
Just saw this
great
H:ernae:

danyboy21
May 5th, 2010, 11:31

But I believe the Bf110 will follow soon after the Taifun.

Cheers,
Huub

Thanks for your aswer, Huub Vink, I'll be patiented

Me 108, Me110, all these planes are wonderfull ! In French, I say: "Que du bonheur !"

Mathias
May 11th, 2010, 13:11
Almost there with the exterior modelling........

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_render_021.jpg

Gibbage
May 11th, 2010, 13:16
Impressive work as always! I really like the beveling on the panels. That will look really nice! :salute:

Mathias
May 11th, 2010, 13:29
Thanks Kevin!

Ken Stallings
May 12th, 2010, 18:55
That's the sea level figures from the handbooks, so it would be TAS.
We are not that far yet to provide exact data for different altitudes.

That would be right at home for a high performance, complex GA plane today!

Most respectable!

Ken

Ferry_vO
May 13th, 2010, 02:34

Need help...? ;)

:wavey:

huub vink
May 13th, 2010, 03:11
Need help...? ;)

:wavey:

Thanks for the offer Ferry, but I think I can still manage ;)

I hope the true airspeed diagram below is still readable. Although it is for the more powerful 270 bhp version, I think the performance is quite impressive. From the documentation I have I conclude, the 240 bhp version actually wasn't much slower.

Cheers,
Huub

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y210/Huub_Vink/Bf108Speed.jpg

Ken Stallings
May 13th, 2010, 16:21
I hope the true airspeed diagram below is still readable. Although it is for the more powerful 270 bhp version, I think the performance is quite impressive. From the documentation I have I conclude, the 240 bhp version actually wasn't much slower.

Cheers,
Huub

That's because thrust has to effectively quadruple to achieve a doubling of speed. So, the difference between 270hp and 240hp would be very small due to that general rule. The airframe has more to play in that role as when speed increases, parasitic drag increases, which is just one reason for that general rule I mentioned.

Going faster has never been more efficient in aviation. :engel016:

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
May 13th, 2010, 16:24
BTW: I just noticed something from that big screenie just posted. This sucker has leading edge slats! That's mighty impressive and I did not before realize it did!

I bet that has a great positive effect on reducing stall speed.

Ken

bstolle
May 13th, 2010, 21:32
BTW: I just noticed something from that big screenie just posted. This sucker has leading edge slats! That's mighty impressive and I did not before realize it did!

Ken

Well, as they are only on the outboard wingsection, not much reduction in stall speed BUT they work independent of each other with a primitive failure prone mechanism.
So you were in for a nasty surprise when they opened unevenly at slow flight, at low altitude a killer!
One report states that the german astronaut Furrer was killed during an airshow when he lost a slat on the 108 during a high speed/low level pass.

Mathias
May 13th, 2010, 22:03
Hiya sg38,
from what you can read, the accident happened due to the pilot (Furrer was in the right seat) trying a badly performed barrel role at too low an altitude (20 meters) while continuing to lose altitude during the role.
The loss of both (!) slats was due to airframe overstress but not the cause of the accident.
According to a wittness the pilot, who had no aerobatic license, was known for exceeding his own limits as a pilot, if that makes sense.
Needless to say, the Me108 is not allowed for aerobatics either.
I'm not too sure if those slats are really as bad as sometimes stated. I have yet to see first hand accounts that proof that. As so often you can find a number of negative statements and speculations on those things from "the other side" but not from the producer, the RLM or the pilots that flew with those slats.
From what I understand the slats do quite a good job in keeping the wing from dropping in a stall.

Tracon
May 13th, 2010, 22:27
Looks nice! :salute:

bstolle
May 13th, 2010, 22:47
Hiya sg38,
from what you can read, the accident happened due to the pilot (Furrer was in the right seat) trying a badly performed barrel role at too low an altitude (20 meters) while continuing to lose altitude during the role.
The loss of both (!) slats was due to airframe overstress but not the cause of the accident.
Needless to say, the Me108 is not allowed for aerobatics either.
I'm not too sure if those slats are really as bad as sometimes stated. .....From what I understand the slats do quite a good job in keeping the wing from dropping in a stall.

I've seen the crash video and it was an awful roll started from an only 5deg nose up attitude...no way to complete that one. Overstress occured most probably at the virtually last second during the desperate pull up attempt.
According to the german old timers quite a few had the slats locked in the retracted position (on the 109) to avoid the unwanted rolling motion during maneuvering.
IF they open evenly the inboard wing section stalls first so there shouldn't be any wing drop. A nice safety feature :)

Mathias
May 13th, 2010, 23:05
That's what I mean, you can read from authors claiming that pilots locked their slats, but I have yet to hear that from the pilots themselfs. Who knows, maybe there was one, but that doesn't make it a common practice.
The pilots sometimes talk about a scary moment when they deploy in an evasive manover but not really any mention about negative aerodynamical effects.
To be clear, they do not change the lift slope when they deploy, they extend the max AoA of that portion of the wing. My opinion is their main function is to force the aircraft to stall level instead of dropping a wing. The slats should allow the outer wing to stall 5 deg after the inner wing. In other words, it's hard to spin this aircraft.

Snave
May 14th, 2010, 01:39
Are you modelling independent slat operation on the Bf 108?

BTW it is a Bf 108, not an Me 108 as its design predates by several years the incorporation of Willy as the owner of the former Bavarian Flugwerke in July 1938 and it's renaming to Messerschmitt AG. The utilisation of `Me` for the Bf 108 is really a colloquialism applied as a result of generic interpretation, rather than the correct usage.

bstolle
May 14th, 2010, 03:01
That's what I mean, you can read from authors claiming that pilots locked their slats, but I have yet to hear that from the pilots themselfs..

You have to be quick, Mathias! There are not many Bf (or Me but that VERY old news) 109 pilots left.

thunder100
May 14th, 2010, 03:06
That's what I mean, you can read from authors claiming that pilots locked their slats, but I have yet to hear that from the pilots themselfs. Who knows, maybe there was one, but that doesn't make it a common practice.
The pilots sometimes talk about a scary moment when they deploy in an evasive manover but not really any mention about negative aerodynamical effects.
To be clear, they do not change the lift slope when they deploy, they extend the max AoA of that portion of the wing. My opinion is their main function is to force the aircraft to stall level instead of dropping a wing. The slats should allow the outer wing to stall 5 deg after the inner wing. In other words, it's hard to spin this aircraft.

HI

Interesting thread both the plane and the slats issue

So i asked my friend(93,still quite bright/Legion Condor up 1945,which flew Bf-108 both stronger and weaker version)

he says that he never experienced any slat problem.It increased the manouverbility a lot and only were a bit touchy if you fly hard sharp manouvers as the automatic deployment on the 108 was not as sophisticated as on the 109
He also never heard about locking them!

you can see here
http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/index1024.htm

Also he said according to Novotny (with him he flew in Russia for some time) this was the secret of the 109 (Hartmann never ported over to any other plane)

All the best

Roland

dswo
May 14th, 2010, 03:47
I wish my students were reading this. It's a good illustration of how to evaluate sources, and a practical example of why it makes a difference.

bstolle
May 14th, 2010, 04:00
The problem is that even if it's only a few years back it's very difficult to keep a precise memory about details.
That's why I try to get only betatester which are current on the specific type. E.g the last time I flew a Super Cub was about 7-8 years ago. I wouldn't dare to make exact statements about how exactly she flew, roll rate, stall etc..!
My father was flying the Me 163 and I once we met with a few other Me 163 pilots and they were 'only' around 70 years old back then.
It was unbelievable how different their recollection about solid 'facts' back than was, and that concerning a type with only version!

dswo
May 14th, 2010, 04:13
The problem is that even if it's only a few years back it's very difficult to keep a precise memory about details.

That's a good point. But for the 109, at least, there are scores of first-hand accounts, Finnish as well as German. Even reading all of them, you can't say that something never happened (and Mathias was careful not to do that). But you can establish what was normal, and for a model that's what we want.

Mathias
May 14th, 2010, 04:15
Great responses everyone, thank you!

That's why I try to get only betatester which are current on the specific type. E.g the last time I flew a Super Cub was about 7-8 years ago. I wouldn't dare to make exact statements about how exactly she flew, roll rate, stall etc..!
My father was flying the Me 163 and I once we met with a few other Me 163 pilots and they were 'only' around 70 years old back then.
It was unbelievable how different their recollection about solid 'facts' back than was, and that concerning a type with only version!

And that's exactly why one should be very cautious with every talk that is done on a subject, often it's just anekdotes. This is particular true for everything Luftwaffe-related, too many guys around with an agenda in this or that direction and way too many wannabe experts.
If the anekdotes fail to deliver a coherent picture, pure and cold math has to take over, and that's what Greg is doing with his flight modelling. The slats theme is a pet baby of Greg for ages and I'm really looking forward to what he's coming up with on the FM's. ;)

bstolle
May 14th, 2010, 06:33
I think it's really difficult to even get an idea about the actual application of 'SOP's, field mods, maintainance problems etc for a plane which has been built more the 34000 times.
But I do agree of course that you need solid sources to work with during programming. Naturally original pireps and manuals are the first choice.

Mathias
May 14th, 2010, 07:30
Right, unfortunately the German period manuals don't talk that awfull lot about flight dynamics so one needs to gather that from elsewhere, Rechlin tests, allied tests with some reservations, and of course Greg's DATCOM and Roscam maths. As I understand it the M$ flight model is build around those maths anyway in one form or another so that should bring us right on track. :-)

huub vink
May 14th, 2010, 09:28

Ken

Stall speed was 61 km/hr (33 kts) and landing speed 85 km/hr (46 kts). The Bf 108 only needed 185 meters (607 ft) for take off and needed just 130 meters (427 ft) to land.

Cheers,
Huub

Ken Stallings
May 14th, 2010, 15:12
Well, as they are only on the outboard wingsection, not much reduction in stall speed BUT they work independent of each other with a primitive failure prone mechanism.
So you were in for a nasty surprise when they opened unevenly at slow flight, at low altitude a killer!
One report states that the german astronaut Furrer was killed during an airshow when he lost a slat on the 108 during a high speed/low level pass.

Actually, stall reduction is the primary purpose of leading edge slats. They normally deploy due to the onset of stall causing less air resistance than the force of gravity allowing them to deploy forward and down.

When they do deploy, they essentially become an avenue to air to maintain a better boundary layer with the main wing. In effect this increases the critical angle of attack which normally translates into a reduction in stall speed.

Slots: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading_edge_slot

Slats: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leading_edge_slats

As you can see by the link, the type of leading edge slats on this Me-108 is an automatic type, as it deploys automatically as a result of aerodynamic forces working against gravity. All that has to happen is for the rails and bearings to be free. These types of slats can become dangerous if one side hangs up while the other deploys. In that case, you have asymetric lift, with the wing of the failed slat dipping down significantly as it will stall first, leading to a possible spin if not countered very soon.

Cheers,

Ken

Ken Stallings
May 14th, 2010, 15:23
Stall speed was 61 km/hr (33 kts) and landing speed 85 km/hr (46 kts). The Bf 108 only needed 185 meters (607 ft) for take off and needed just 130 meters (427 ft) to land.

Cheers,
Huub

Wow!

Now that's even more impressive to me than the speed. This was a more capable aircraft than I originally understood it to be.

Ken

Mathias
May 15th, 2010, 13:17
Maiden flight in FSX. A bit too nude yet but the exterior is now in the paintshop.:wavey:

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_FSX_01.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_FSX_02.jpg

Roger
May 15th, 2010, 13:22
Woof! Gorgeous if a little naked:jump:

skyhawka4m
May 15th, 2010, 14:24
All this talk tempted me to buy the 190 late models.....wow...wanna talk about tricky flight dynamics. Nice planes but very tricky...landings are tough.....can't wait for the 108 though.

Mathias
May 15th, 2010, 14:41
All this talk tempted me to buy the 190 late models.....wow...wanna talk about tricky flight dynamics. Nice planes but very tricky...landings are tough.....can't wait for the 108 though.

The first thing the pilots had to learn when they converted from the 109 to the 190:
Fly this thing with two fingers only! The controlls are extremely light and the plane is very agile and responsive, stick forces don't exceed 14 kilograms at very high speed in a dive.
On an aside, the A-8/R2 Sturmjäger are bitches to fly with all the armor.
For comparison, the A-5 or A-6 are much more forgiving.

skyhawka4m
May 15th, 2010, 14:55
I noticed the differences actually. I've been mostly flying the F-9 variant I think it is? German types have always had a place for me. I was wondering......how do I get the tail insignia to make them historicly accurate?

Mathias
May 15th, 2010, 15:10
Look here:
http://www.italianwings.it/itwi/fsx/ch-190a.htm

skyhawka4m
May 15th, 2010, 15:18
Sweet! Thank You sir!

Henry
May 15th, 2010, 17:50
Mathias showing pics of naked birds
could get you in trouble
could you hurry up and put some clothes on her:monkies:
LOL
H

stiz
May 16th, 2010, 01:54
shes not naked, theres no wireframes showing! :mixedsmi: :icon_lol:

looking great mathias :applause:

Mathias
May 16th, 2010, 13:28
shes not naked, theres no wireframes showing! :mixedsmi: :icon_lol:

looking great mathias :applause:

Wouldn't touch her if she was a skeleton. :-)
Thanks stiz!

Gdavis101
May 16th, 2010, 15:23
They used to have one of these at the Tillamook Air Museum of all places.. It was my favorite, aside from the F-14.

Mathias
July 13th, 2010, 10:46
Since someone asked about progress over at my board I though I'd throw in a few progress screenies here as well.
Still early days as far as the FS model goes:
Basic paint layout, no cockpit bits so far.
The cockpit is in the render workshop and we should have something more to show on this one soonish.
Some un-edited (apart from cropping) FSX shots:

EDIT: Uhh, since when is the board cropping images down to 800 pixel?
Little bit higher resolution here:
http://www.classics-hangar.de/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=392&start=10

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_FSX_03.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_FSX_04.jpg

http://www.classics-hangar.de/vorschau/bf108_FSX_05.jpg

Ferry_vO
July 13th, 2010, 11:25
Looks great Mathias; I hope to see a real one this weekend; I'll bring you some photos!

:jump:

Mathias
July 13th, 2010, 11:27
Looks great Mathias; I hope to see a real one this weekend; I'll bring you some photos!

:jump:

Cool! Some photos would be grand!:wavey:

Ferry_vO
July 13th, 2010, 11:38
I'll try to get you a few shots of this one Mathias: http://bkhoffmann.de/temp/108_1.JPG

Which is located in this museum: http://www.flugausstellung.de/

:)

skyhawka4m
July 13th, 2010, 13:37
VERY VERY nice!!

pilottj
July 13th, 2010, 14:42
Looks beautiful Mathias :jump: This one is on the must get list.

gajit
July 13th, 2010, 15:46
Great work - I look forward to this one :ernae:

flaviossa
July 13th, 2010, 17:15
Put my name in the list too!!! Niceeeeee!:jump:

Rezabrya
July 13th, 2010, 17:42
This looks great!

robcap
July 13th, 2010, 21:00
Looks great Mathias; I hope to see a real one this weekend; I'll bring you some photos!:jump:
Looking great indeed!. Where are YOU going, Ferry?

R.

gradyhappyg
July 14th, 2010, 00:04
Hmmmm Isn't that the plane James Garner stole to make his failed getaway in the Great Escape?
It's been a while since I watched but it's close if not the same model.

peter12213
July 14th, 2010, 00:15
Hmmmm Isn't that the plane James Garner stole to make his failed getaway in the Great Escape?
It's been a while since I watched but it's close if not the same model.

It is indeed, also pretty much everytime you see a Me109 in a movie its one of these lol, Indiana Jones for example!

Mathias
July 14th, 2010, 00:42
Nope, it's a Bücker Bestmann in the Great Escape.

Ferry_vO
July 14th, 2010, 01:04
Where are YOU going, Ferry?

Two days in the Eiffel Rob, to visit my sister and friend who are on holiday there. A visit to the museum I mentioned a few posts back and probably a day in Trier. Will be back Sunday evening.

:)

Ferry_vO
July 14th, 2010, 01:05
Nope, it's a Bücker Bestmann in the Great Escape.

Yep, and a few Texans/Harvards too (As in just about any WW2 movie!)

peter12213
July 14th, 2010, 01:25
I can't tell the difference between these two anymore! There both the same to me now lol!

dswo
July 14th, 2010, 05:49
Hmmmm Isn't that the plane James Garner stole to make his failed getaway in the Great Escape? It's been a while since I watched but it's close if not the same model.

Lionheart modeled this a few years ago.

Mathias
July 14th, 2010, 06:16
If you want to see the 108 being abused for WWII flick work check this: :d:d:d

4OZq-tlJTrU

Hurricane91
July 14th, 2010, 06:30
A Pilatus P-2 was used for a Bf-109 in one of the "Indiana Jones" films.

peter12213
July 14th, 2010, 07:17
could be what I was thinking of actually, nice looking aircraft that Pc2 I think.

Cleartheprop
July 14th, 2010, 08:27
Looks Beautiful Mathias! looking forward to the release!
Take your time anyways! We still have the FW190 in the meantime! :ernae: